"Studio In Session" featuring Morrissey on Sundance in Canada

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2012 (read-only)' started by Stephane, Aug 11, 2012.

By Stephane on Aug 11, 2012 at 6:09 PM
  1. Stephane

Stephane Pashernate member

Home Page:
    UPDATE Aug. 12, 2:15AM PT:

Links to videos posted by Brandi_Most:

Thanks to the kind person who helped me get ahold of this.It pays to have Facebook friends, after all. ;)

Non-Morrissey vignettes have been cropped out, fyi.

If you are really interested in seeing Alice Gold's or Foster the People's studio sessions, then PM me, & I'll see what I can do.

I'll be posting the MP3's of the 4 individual songs in the Bootleg forum shortly.

Part 1: "The Kid's a Looker"

Part 2: "Scandinavia" & "Action is My Middle Name"

Part 3: "People are the Same Everywhere" and End Credits

The elusive in-studio session from last year, of Morrissey doing "The Kid's A Looker", "Scandinavia", "Action Is My Middle Name" and "People Are The Same Everywhere", the one that could only be viewed by Rogers subscribers in Canada and which was shown on some Air Canada flights, is being shown many times over the next few days on Sundance Canada for Canadian cable subscribers. Info here.

The show also includes bits of conversation between Morrissey and producer Tony Visconti.

I don't have the means to bring this to the internet anymore now that my DVR is defective (and I won't be buying a new one). If anyone knows how to bring this from my Cisco PVR to my computer, I'll gladly do it.

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2012 (read-only)' started by Stephane, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Dead Girl
      Dead Girl
      FTW!!! Why is it only being shown in Canada? Please someone, anyone record this and get it up on the internet already. It would be greatly appreciated by many.
    2. joe frady
      joe frady
      Karma ;)
    3. Dead Girl
      Dead Girl
      But I'm always good, I'm never bad! And I've always been so kind to the sick and to the partially blind!
    4. 123xyz
      123xyz

Any chance of capturing it ?
    5. chrisarclark
      chrisarclark
      does Moz realize this is performance is only being aired in his loathed Canada?
    6. CrystalGeezer
      CrystalGeezer
      I don't think he loathes Canada. Political Game just makes it look like he does.
    7. Brandi_Most
      Brandi_Most
      Enjoy, guys!!!
      :guitar:

Thanks to the kind person who helped me get ahold of this.It pays to have Facebook friends, after all. ;)

Non-Morrissey vignettes have been cropped out, fyi.

If you are really interested in seeing Alice Gold's or Foster the People's studio sessions, then PM me, & I'll see what I can do.

I'll be posting the MP3's of the 4 individual songs in the Bootleg forum shortly.

Part 1: "The Kid's a Looker"

Part 2: "Scandinavia" & "Action is My Middle Name"

Part 3: "People are the Same Everywhere" and End Credits

8. CrystalGeezer
      CrystalGeezer
      Thank you so much! :flowers:
    9. 123xyz
      123xyz

Thank you so much for this !
    10. Amy
      Amy
      Thanks for this.

Morrissey's voice sound so strong, really enjoyed the middle segment. I'm hoping that "The Kid's A Looker" and "People Are the Same..." don't make it onto the album, since the studio treatment hasn't really worked any miracles and they're still pretty sub-par to my ears. I think "Kid.." is possibly the worst song he's ever written - a waste of a still-terrific voice.

Visconti seems like a good sport. What does Moz say after the "hairdresser" guy fans him? "The ultimate sweat/swing"?
    11. 123xyz
      123xyz

"...Sultan of sweat ..." is what I heard ...
    12. Amy
      Amy
      I listened again - I think it's "The sultan of swing", probably a reference to the Dire Straits song?

13. 123xyz
      123xyz

I thought he was parodying the well-known phrase/title ... ?
    14. Uncleskinny
      Uncleskinny
      Someone, somewhere, had the job of fuzzing out the McDonalds logos.

P.
    15. 123xyz
      123xyz

I was wondering what the blurred shirts said ...
    16. Brandi_Most
      Brandi_Most
      Glad you all enjoyed it.

Tony V., at least in this video, comes across as such a cheery, chatty, people-person, so much the opposite of Morrissey. :D

I thought "Scandinavia" sounded excellent, and is definitely my favorite of the group.

Based on Moz's performance of "People are the Same..." on "Conan", as well as at so many live gigs, I think it's clear it's one of his favorites. :o

I,too, thought that he made a nod to "The Sultan of Swing"- the Dire Straits song- by saying "The Sultan of Sweat"- since Moz and crew were sweating so much in the hot basement they were recording in.
      Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
    17. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Jaw literally on the floor. What a fantastic thing to wake up to! Thank you so much.
    18. billybu69
      billybu69
      Thanks Brandi your the most.
    19. goinghome
      goinghome