Songs you've come to appreciate more over time

Ryan

Notre-DAYUM!
Subscriber
Lately, for me, it's The Kid's A Looker (namely, the version from 25Live).

Love these lyrics:

He can't dance or sing
He can't do anything
But what the hell
The kid's a looker
Just add cash and stir
And there you are: another nonsense non-star

What did you used to skip but now are addicted to?

Re: time, to me, means years

Probably You Should Have Been Nice To Me. When it first emerged , I was disappointed it wasn't more in keeping , production-wise , with the rest of SG. Without those crashing guitars , it seemed a bit bland to me. Now I suppose I appreciate the stark , basic , desperation of it all ...

Probably You Should Have Been Nice To Me. When it first emerged , I was disappointed it wasn't more in keeping , production-wise , with the rest of SG. Without those crashing guitars , it seemed a bit bland to me. Now I suppose I appreciate the stark , basic , desperation of it all ...
I think my only problem with sg and kill uncle are really just the mixing of the album's. Compared to vauxhall and arsenal they're pretty low fi. Are the reissues any better?

"Our Frank" and "All the Lazy Dykes." I used to always ignore both songs but now I like them, especially "All the Lazy Dykes."

Last edited by a moderator:

"Alma Matters," since I am finally graduating with my BofA in English, Summa Cum Laude. This, after now encountering so much resistance from previously supportive professors in my appeal to attend grad school. I am doing it anyway.

"Alma Matters," since I am finally graduating with my BofA in English, Summa Cum Laude. This, after now encountering so much resistance from previously supportive professors in my appeal to attend grad school. I am doing it anyway.

Wow congratulations, that's a great accomplishment! That's cool that you're ignoring these professors and going forward with your education.

Thank you Justin :highfive: It was astonishing to encounter so much static in the eleventh hour before my application for grad school was (technically) due, but I figure, why should this be any different than any other milestone in my life? I don't need to ride anyone else's coattails, I'll just take care if it my own way.

Back
Top Bottom