Smiths fans to be featured in The Observer New Review - contributions welcome

Rosanna writes:

The Observer New Review
is running a feature on Smiths fans. We're particularly looking for fans who embrace the band's way of life in terms of dress sense, lifestyle, how they decorate their home or room, or perhaps they have followed in the band's footsteps in some way. It will be a picture heavy feature, so the more visual the fan's following of the band, the better.

If you think this sounds like you and you'd like to be featured, send an email ASAP to [email protected] giving a brief description of why you'd be suitable - and send pictures too if they're relevant."​

Last edited:
One suspects the usual suspects who are famous in thier own head due to Morrissey and Marr will again feature heavily.

Killian, just use the article the Times did in 2009. Isn't that what journalism is nowadays, regurgitating old news? save yourself a lot of time and money. And meeting certain people we know

oh dear - isn't this the kind of piece that would've been vaguely amusing/interesting in 1986? come on guys, how about a little imagination?

Be careful. She'll have your photo & name for all eternity. That means you'll start getting kicked out of shows for, 'NOT holding up your end' *eyeroll*

Re: Article: Smiths fans to be featured in The Observer New Review - contributions we

One suspects the usual suspects who are famous in thier own head due to Morrissey and Marr will again feature heavily.

Killian, just use the article the Times did in 2009. Isn't that what journalism is nowadays, regurgitating old news? save yourself a lot of time and money. And meeting certain people we know

You blind or deaf? Oh, sorry, even blind and deaf can actually recognise the value of "certain people we know". Not too clever, are you? (wait, don't answer that).

Too bad I dont look like an 80s popstar. I mean, I did look like Morrissey, but that was in 1984. I guess I moved on. Silly me.

There's always someone somwhere with a big nose who knows...

Not again, surely? Aren't there any Teardrop Explodes fans left? What about old, brain dead ravers? Has anybody done that? Bald, toothless teddy boys dressed like Jerry Lee Lewis? Fat old mods?

You're about 20 years too late for Smiths fans a la the "Stop Me..." video. Even if you wanted to focus on Morrissey fans, the thing about Morrissey fans is they don't dress a certain way at all. Every Morrissey concert I've been to you'd have a hard time pinning down any particular style of dress or haircut. Pointless exercise of the utmost.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom