Reviews from people who have actually read the book from cover to cover

terrancestamp

Reviewed From a person with a 31 year obsession with Morrissey and someone who is frank as they come. Here is my little review of the book.

A ride of highs and lows. The entire Smiths part is spent flogging Geoff Travis. Morrissey is either for you or against you with his character evaluations. No in the middle...ask Julie Burchill, Geoff Travis, Judge Weeks, Siouxie, the Dolls and the rest of the Smiths. He barbequed them like a stack of ribs on a hot summer day. His friends are the usual cast of characters...Linder, James Maker and Jake. This is the first time I have ever heard him be a little patronizing of his audience and he only did it once in several tries. I will forgive him. The lows are the TV shows description and oddly enough the concert descriptions. They just ramble on with no real meaning. Highs are the untold stories of kidnapping and his start as a solo artist. Chart positions, quoting his own lyrics (as if he can't find other words) and paraphrases are all left for the eye of the beholder. Love to hear others reviews.

Somewhere near Atlanta, GA

Back
Top Bottom