Remastered Last Of The Famous International Playboys to be reissued in March

This could well anticipate another Reissue, I suppose. We need to get used to now...
Cheers Moz

There's not much point in this re-release. But I doubt Morrissey has much control over it.

There's not much point in this re-release. But I doubt Morrissey has much control over it.

If he didn't have control over it, he would have told you not to buy it...

Stoned said:
This could well anticipate another Reissue, I suppose.
I'm all for remastering and re-releasing the back-catalogue (as long as it doesn't involve removing tracks, of course), but what album would this single precede? Bona Drag has already been done, so I'm worried that it could be for yet another compilation. :(

But I doubt Morrissey has much control over it.

I can't imagine why EMI would feel the need to re-release a decades old Morrissey single if he wasn't controlling it. It's not like they're going to be milking much profits out of a CD and vinyl single in this day and age, is it?

Last edited:
I'm hoping it has a cool b-side or something...and not just some polished up live track. Maybe something so far only on bootlegs, or better yet never heard at all.

I'm hoping it has a cool b-side or something...and not just some polished up live track. Maybe something so far only on bootlegs, or better yet never heard at all.

It's sad that the best I'm hoping for is an unseen sleeve photo that's not from a Linder "session" of him in the bath showing us his feet.

Moreover, a remastered "Last of the Famous" was featured on the "Bona Drag" redux, correct? The "Glamorous Glue" issue I could see - that wasn't on a remastered re-release recently. And "Everyday is Like Sunday" - okay, it was put out to promote "Bona Drag." But this was already remastered and released on "Bona Drag." If there's gonna be a single re-release, why not a remaster we don't already have?

It's sad that the best I'm hoping for is an unseen sleeve photo that's not from a Linder "session" of him in the bath showing us his feet.

Moreover, a remastered "Last of the Famous" was featured on the "Bona Drag" redux, correct? The "Glamorous Glue" issue I could see - that wasn't on a remastered re-release recently. And "Everyday is Like Sunday" - okay, it was put out to promote "Bona Drag." But this was already remastered and released on "Bona Drag." If there's gonna be a single re-release, why not a remaster we don't already have?

Wasn't there some kind of quibble awhile back about an Ebay auction for this song on 45 or acetate or something featuring an alternate take of Lucky Lisp on the b-side? I swear I remember something like that...

Either it's a hangover from the 'Very Best Of'/Bona Drag-reissue' or a teaster for a 'World of Morrissey' re-issue. Which, seeing as the original release was pointless, would take pointlessness to a new level.
These single releases cannot sell many copies - EMI are not going to be earning much out of this, so I'm presuming Moz must be the driving force for this.

Anyway - the best we can hope for are some 'new' B-Sides. Out of the known unreleased tracks, what are people hoping for? 'Striptease with a Difference' - will it finally get an official release? Maybe 'Born to Hang' and the full-length version of 'Kit'?

Either it's a hangover from the 'Very Best Of'/Bona Drag-reissue' or a teaster for a 'World of Morrissey' re-issue. Which, seeing as the original release was pointless, would take pointlessness to a new level.
These single releases cannot sell many copies - EMI are not going to be earning much out of this, so I'm presuming Moz must be the driving force for this.

Anyway - the best we can hope for are some 'new' B-Sides. Out of the known unreleased tracks, what are people hoping for? 'Striptease with a Difference' - will it finally get an official release? Maybe 'Born to Hang' and the full-length version of 'Kit'?

The compilation will be 'Morrissey: The Singles'

Or the kill uncle release , the b-side may well be kit as a remaster was completed on this track recently

Back
Top Bottom