Photographers threaten boycott over contract from Morrissey's management - GP

Link posted by Sarcasmos in the Gothenburg, Sweden - Way Out West Festival (Aug. 11, 2016) post-show thread:

Hotade bojkotta Morrissey - då ändrade sig stjärnan
- GP

Google Translate to English

excerpts:

FUN Large operators Rockfoto and TT threatened to boycott the Morrissey gig by artist unreasonable demands. When Morrissey changed suddenly.

Not even two hours before Morrissey would imagine the scene at the Way Out West his manager sent out an e-mail marked "Urgent" to all photographers at the festival. To get the photograph artist from the photo pit, they had to sign a contract - where they basically disclaims rights to their images.

Threatened with Boycott
Great actors Rockfoto and TT then threatened to boycott the show completely. So did the Göteborgs-Posten photographers.

- It is sad when a cultural as safe yourself once have been tearing to get together to rent for doing what he is passionate about trying to shoe on freelance photographers who are also trying to get together to rent, says GP's Tomas Ohlsson.

He continues:

- Now I have not read the details of the contract but I understand it went out of the images were used only once, and that they then belonged Morriseys management. In perpetuity. Which is bizarre. The copyright belongs to the photographer and that great artists are trying to go around something that is constitutionally enjoined's just embarrassing.

new email
After the majority of photographers protested against the contract came a new e-mail, even the "urgent", at 20:35. Where announced Way Out West's press department of Morrissey's manager changed - no longer have to sign any contract to get the photograph.

The requirement has still left a sour taste for photographers at the festival. Freelance photographer Petter Trens, as for the weekend shooting of Boras newspaper, find the contract that the Morrissey's management presented the danger of lowering the standard in the industry.

38958_trens.jpg

- If you write on the type of contract, although they probably are not legally binding, the tour companies find that they need not pay for the images. That means a loss of income, plus you can never charge more than their last job. I would rather strike a blow for the image value. We believe today that the images are free, but there is always someone who pays in the end.

Here is a copy of the contract:

38957_wayoutwest_contract.jpg

Last edited:
Link posted by Sarcasmos in the Gothenburg, Sweden - Way Out West Festival (Aug. 11, 2016) post-show thread:

Hotade bojkotta Morrissey - då ändrade sig stjärnan
- GP

Google Translate to English

excerpts:

FUN Large operators Rockfoto and TT threatened to boycott the Morrissey gig by artist unreasonable demands. When Morrissey changed suddenly.

Not even two hours before Morrissey would imagine the scene at the Way Out West his manager sent out an e-mail marked "Urgent" to all photographers at the festival. To get the photograph artist from the photo pit, they had to sign a contract - where they basically disclaims rights to their images.

Threatened with Boycott
Great actors Rockfoto and TT then threatened to boycott the show completely. So did the Göteborgs-Posten photographers.

- It is sad when a cultural as safe yourself once have been tearing to get together to rent for doing what he is passionate about trying to shoe on freelance photographers who are also trying to get together to rent, says GP's Tomas Ohlsson.

He continues:

- Now I have not read the details of the contract but I understand it went out of the images were used only once, and that they then belonged Morriseys management. In perpetuity. Which is bizarre. The copyright belongs to the photographer and that great artists are trying to go around something that is constitutionally enjoined's just embarrassing.

new email
After the majority of photographers protested against the contract came a new e-mail, even the "urgent", at 20:35. Where announced Way Out West's press department of Morrissey's manager changed - no longer have to sign any contract to get the photograph.

The requirement has still left a sour taste for photographers at the festival. Freelance photographer Petter Trens, as for the weekend shooting of Boras newspaper, find the contract that the Morrissey's management presented the danger of lowering the standard in the industry.

38958_trens.jpg

- If you write on the type of contract, although they probably are not legally binding, the tour companies find that they need not pay for the images. That means a loss of income, plus you can never charge more than their last job. I would rather strike a blow for the image value. We believe today that the images are free, but there is always someone who pays in the end.

Here is a copy of the contract:

38957_wayoutwest_contract.jpg

Terrible legal advice...

What a prick Morrissey is.

Love the frantic back-peddling.

Bots ask why we still come here?

For the utter entertainment of watching this car crash career and the pathetic way you ignore the vileness and nastiness of your god. It'd be very dull reading all of the useless defences, if it wasn't so laughable.

Come on marred arse and the gang face the music on this one if you've got any bollocks ! :eek:

BtBB :greatbritain::knife:

What a total CrankFraud.

BtBB:greatbritain::knife:

Another minor league move by Steven and Donnie. I'm glad the photographer stood up to him. Too bad the lawnmower parts don't employ the same tactics and tell Steven to stuff it.

Oh the silence of marred arse and the munchkins :guitar::laughing::rofl::clap::popcorn::tiphat:.

"Don't listen to us marred arse stay on the yellow brick road and go and ask the wizard of Moz for a pair of bollocks "

BtBB :greatbritain::knife:

These contracts are not exclusive to Morrissey. They are quite common right now. Did they make such a fuss when Paul McCartney required the same? Of course not, he's f***ing Paul McCartney.

I just hope David T doesn't get another cease and desist letter for posting this story.

These contracts are not exclusive to Morrissey. They are quite common right now. Did they make such a fuss when Paul McCartney required the same? Of course not, he's f***ing Paul McCartney.

The fact something is common doesn't mean it's ethical or legal. I believe Morrisey was ill advised here, there must have been a mistake.
Morrissey is one of the most photogenic people in the world, he looks perfect in each one of the pictures taken during shows. Those photos make you desire to be there.

Morrissey is a cancer-ridden wanker, except he isn't. Note The Return Of Cancer Scare as we approach Manchester:

"roll up! roll up ! last chance to see the crank-fraud before he croaks!"

Peddling rumours via 'lost in translation': I am not fooled. He's under routine private health care observation as are many mid-50s men. Tosspot he is!

Morrissey is a cancer-ridden wanker, except he isn't. Note The Return Of Cancer Scare as we approach Manchester:

"roll up! roll up ! last chance to see the crank-fraud before he croaks!"

Peddling rumours via 'lost in translation': I am not fooled. He's under routine private health care observation as are many mid-50s men. Tosspot he is!

Spot on. Even the bots know it deep down. Hence the damning silence.

There's a good bot response above about Moz being ill advised. Yup, that'll be it.

If this means no more photographers at shows in future, I'll be quite pleased. To be honest I'm sick of them filling up the pit and getting in the way for the first 2 songs.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom