Photo from Stephen Street / Twitter

38888_street_morrissey.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice photo. Pity that working relationship didn't continue. I suspect Street had the patience of a saint waiting to be paid.

Street runs Alain Whyte a very close second in Morrissey's best solo-era collaborator.

Nice photo. Pity that working relationship didn't continue. I suspect Street had the patience of a saint waiting to be paid.

Blimey ACO ! I guess this must have been taken back in the day at Steves old house Hook End Manor whilst recording Vulva Hate. :cool:

Best wishes to you Vinny :tiphat:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

how do you just come across a photo like this,it should be blownup,framed,and put on the wall of his studio.both have got an almost mirrored stance which shows they were very comfortable with each other.

Blimey ACO ! I guess this must have been taken back in the day at Steves old house Hook End Manor whilst recording Vulva Hate. :cool:

Best wishes to you Vinny :tiphat:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:
Jeez Benny. You clever, sharp-as-a-butcher-knife vulva. :laughing:

Yes, there was at least one more album to be had from that partnership.
Hi Suede Moz. I was at Suede last night in Galway Arts Festival. Amazing concert. Front row standing and got to shake Brett's hand. Top stuff.

I have to say, I have communicated with Stephen Street a handful of times and he is extremely approachable, knowledgeable and above all, humble. And for you folks wondering...on Viva Hate he played a Fender Precision bass plugged DIRECTLY into the mixing board. Just a thunderous sound. Although, he admits that for "I don't mind if you forget me", in hindsight, he would have preferred to use an amp. Regardless, just a freakin nice guy and I wish Mozzer would enter into a songwriting partnership with him and have him produce and engineer another record. Ultimately, never mind a tour, I wish the Smiths would do one last record with him. I can dream can't I?

Hi Suede Moz. I was at Suede last night in Galway Arts Festival. Amazing concert. Front row standing and got to shake Brett's hand. Top stuff.

Awesome. My sister (originally from Los Angeles) lives in Northern Ireland now was going to try to go, but didn't make it.

Has street ever written with anyone else or just produced. I can't think of anyone off hand

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom