"Ouija Board, Ouija Board" - Moz statement in Nov/Dec 1989

Never heard/read this one before...

38863_ouija_board_statement.jpg

Or perhaps I've just simply forgotten, it's such a long time ago...
Funny nonetheless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not completely out of the ballpark from what we'd see on TTY nowadays. Though nowadays we might see a fifth point blaming the royal family.

The church complaining that the lyrics 'encourage youngsters to dabble in black magic'.

2hdw581.jpg

I thought I remembered reading something along those lines a long time ago but wasn't sure. Wow that's ridiculous though. I'm not a top of the pops guy but have say sabbath or any other band or song with an occult element been done on the show before

Zozo.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Morrissey meets Devil at X-roads and is given the tinkly rinky dink sub-Madness nonsense of 'Ouija Board...'

I bet Jimmy Page was OUTRAGED that somebody was trying to do the whole occult summoning in pop/rock thingy. What an eejit Morrissey was/is. But it's all rather funny...on a level with:

Ouija Seance: "Prince" Speaks ! with Bob Hickman Psychic Medium

As far as broadcasting Morrissey's decrees go, I rather prefer Murray's work to SER's.

The music video is outstanding, the acting makes my hairs shiver in anticipation.

I seem to remember around the same time the God-awful soap Neighbours had a storyline featuring a Ouija Board in one of its episodes shown by the BBC in the afternoon and at teatime. Hypocrites.

I was surprised to read in the previous news item (Johnny Marr guesting with The Last Shadow Puppets) that Ouija Board is in fact Johnny's favourite Morrissey solo track. I don't know what year he would've mentioned that to Alain, but I assume it was when at least Arsenal was already out.

Why do you think this is the case? Because of J&M's shared love of 60s "death discs"?

Ah, that's when Murray was representing Moz. Used to send my love letters to Moz in the 90's to that address. Good times

everybody knows you cant play Ouija board by yourself. you have to have at least 3 or so people sitting at a table with your knees touching each other.

Seeing this made me remember one of the first times I ever went to church in England.
It was for a Baptism, and when the Vicar said to the Godparents, "Do you renounce Satan and all of his minions?" both of them laughed. I recall being mortified by the impropriety...cause I was all brainwashed like that at the time! Couldn't have been a more telling commentary of the State of the Church in England!!
Well, leave it to Morrissey to do the work of the devil!!
"oh, the devil will find work for idle hands to do"
that there scary ass devil.
and his minions.
hilarious!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom