NPR Interview- Underground Morrissey/Smiths fan club in China?

TheBoyWithTheDragonTattoo

Accountant, rampant.
Did anyone hear an interview on that NPR show Q (I think the host's name is Shad or something) with a Chinese guy that was the founder of an underground Smiths/Morrissey fanclub in China? I missed it but my wife swears she heard it and isn't putting me on. I can't seem to find anything online. Anytime I search any variation of China and Morrissey all I get are links to the whole sub-species debacle. Anyhow- she claims the host was sort of chiding the guy a little about Morrissey's sexuality and homosexuality being illegal in China blah blah blah. I asked her if he asked about the whole sub-species comment and she said she didn't hear the whole interview but she didn't believe so. I guess the guy no longer lives in China but is still a huge Morrissey fan?? The whole scenario sounds bizarre to me.
*EDIT* This would've been in the past few days- I want to say it was yesterday but it might've been Tuesday.

Last edited:
Did anyone hear an interview on that NPR show Q (I think the host's name is Shad or something) with a Chinese guy that was the founder of an underground Smiths/Morrissey fanclub in China? I missed it but my wife swears she heard it and isn't putting me on. I can't seem to find anything online. Anytime I search any variation of China and Morrissey all I get are links to the whole sub-species debacle. Anyhow- she claims the host was sort of chiding the guy a little about Morrissey's sexuality and homosexuality being illegal in China blah blah blah. I asked her if he asked about the whole sub-species comment and she said she didn't hear the whole interview but she didn't believe so. I guess the guy no longer lives in China but is still a huge Morrissey fan?? The whole scenario sounds bizarre to me.

Yes, it's true. That would explain Morrissey's cyber stalking and bullying attacks. He is a coward and has many faces, yours included.

*EDIT* This would've been in the past few days- I want to say it was yesterday but it might've been Tuesday.

I can't see how that would fly. Remember they're a sub-species.

There was piece about Mexrrissey on the program on Tuesday - What if Morrissey was Mexican - Meet Mexrrissey. What station did your wife think she heard the interview on? Maybe it was on a program after or before Q. Or maybe your wife misheard Mexico as China!

Back
Top Bottom