News for the Harry Potter fans

The Seeker of Good Songs

http://www.wbbm780.com/pages/700503.php?contentType=4&contentId=704820

Posted: Friday, 20 July 2007 8:33AM

Suburban Family Gets Early Peek At Potter Book

Mary Frances Bragiel Reporting
(WBBM) - The secrecy over the final Harry Potter book has forced a Northbrook woman to hand back her copies to none other than the postman.
WBBM's Mary Frances Bragiel has the story.
Belinda El-kaim says she was stunned when her letter carrier came not once, but twice to her home demanding that she give back "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows".
"I'm incredulous, you've got to be kidding. He explained it as he's in a lot of trouble," El-kaim said. "I said, 'I don't believe this, this is utterly ridiculous.'"
Saturday, July 21st is the official release date for the much-anticipated final novel in the Harry Potter series.
Since placing an on-line order months ago, Belinda El-Kaim and her 5 children have eagerly awaited for its arrival, wondering who lives and dies in the book.
El-kaim ordered two books on-line, and when they arrived earlier this week, a label on the outside read "do not open until July 21st", which is the official release date.
The mother of 5 says she OK'd the opening telling WBBM, her reaction the "do not open" label was "Are you kidding? Open it. what do think is going to happen, the Harry potter police will come down the chimney, or we'll go to Azkaban?"
The police didn't visit, but the postman did, twice, asking them to return the books because he feared he'd lose his job for delivering them before the official release date.
El-Kaim did turn them over, but not before one of her kids finished the book.

However, that daughter isn't revealing how the book ends.
"Her sister said 'If you spoil it for me (she would) kill her'", El-kaim told WBBM.

Back
Top Bottom