My Early Burglary Years

Lost

If it had been released as a 'new' album rather than a compilation of previously released 'bits and bobs'....could it be a contender as his best solo album?

I just find myself sticking it on a lot as in my opinion there is so much quality on there and i wonder what others think of it.

I'm not sure I understand the question...

It's a big like saying if the Beatles hadn't released anything until 1970 and then released what would later become the 1 compliation would it be the best album of all time.

MEBY is a great comp though, but part of it's charm is that it covers a fair few years so there's a good mix of sounds from Street material through to Southpaw b-sides. Lyric-wise I find there's plenty of different perspectives and touches in the songs that could never have been written at the same time.

Lost, I'm not trying to start arguments with you in every thread, it just's starting to seem like it ;)

Sure it could. The problem is, though, that if it were a studio album it would be hammered for not having a cohesive sound. It's too different stylistically as opposed to Bona Drag, of which all of the songs were recorded at the same time with the same people with the same musical idea.

It is a great record tho, and it goes to prove how fantastic his b-sides really are.

Bona Drag, of which all of the songs were recorded at the same time with the same people with the same musical idea.

Not strictly true, but... I don't feel petty enough to argue. Petty enough to point it out, but not petty enough to go into details.

I'm not sure I understand the question...

It's a big like saying if the Beatles hadn't released anything until 1970 and then released what would later become the 1 compliation would it be the best album of all time.

MEBY is a great comp though, but part of it's charm is that it covers a fair few years so there's a good mix of sounds from Street material through to Southpaw b-sides. Lyric-wise I find there's plenty of different perspectives and touches in the songs that could never have been written at the same time.

Lost, I'm not trying to start arguments with you in every thread, it just's starting to seem like it ;)

I just meant could it be considered as the best moz solo album?....regardless of the fact that it's a compilation.

s'ok mate i don't easily take offence and love a good (constructive) debate.

Well, I know they weren't all exactly the same. But I certainly think that they all sound enough alike that they could conceivably be a studio album. Whereas the difference in sound between, say, Black-Eyed Susan and Pashernate Love is a country mile wide.

Glad that you aren't TOO petty, my friend ;).

Well as far as it being the best Moz solo album (if it wasn't a comp) I'd have to say 'no' as it's too unfocused and, for a proper album, too long! Some really great songs, but they don't gell together the way I feel tracks on a great album should.

Well, I know they weren't all exactly the same. But I certainly think that they all sound enough alike that they could conceivably be a studio album. Whereas the difference in sound between, say, Black-Eyed Susan and Pashernate Love is a country mile wide.

Glad that you aren't TOO petty, my friend ;).

Well my first instint was to go through all the different producers and musicans and say "SEE! HOW CAN YOU BE SO WRONG!?" but then I thought again and decided not to be a prick. Still had to point it out though for my own peace of mind ;)

Well my first instint was to go through all the different producers and musicans and say "SEE! HOW CAN YOU BE SO WRONG!?" but then I thought again and decided not to be a prick. Still had to point it out though for my own peace of mind ;)

Fair enough. You are very knowledgable and I commend you for that :).

So you were in "M?" Where are you? I know you've said before but I have forgotten where.

mspend i don't always agree with you but i'm beginning to like you;)

Fair enough. You are very knowledgable and I commend you for that :).

So you were in "M?" Where are you? I know you've said before but I have forgotten where.

During Rush And A Push the camera is over his shoulder when he does the 'phone me! phone me!' bit and you can see me reaching up at him from the front. There's little glimpses of me in other places but I've only seen them by almost going frame-by-frame when the camera's being anywhere near where I was. I'm on the Move Festival footage as well but don't know where.

Is that you with in the blue t-shirt with white stripes on the shoulders?

Oh. Which one are you then?

ahem....can we get back to the business of early burglaries and pull ourselves away from geezers who pose for the camera....

;)

Ahem...sorry...what would you like to discuss about it? I would enjoy a nice discussion.

Ahem...sorry...what would you like to discuss about it? I would enjoy a nice discussion.

er...don't know now i've completely forgotten why i brought the subject up in the first place :rolleyes:

Well as far as it being the best Moz solo album (if it wasn't a comp) I'd have to say 'no' as it's too unfocused and, for a proper album, too long! Some really great songs, but they don't gell together the way I feel tracks on a great album should.

A Moz album could never be too long! Just wanted to point that out;)

(Proper) Albums should never be more than 50 minutes long. Compliations are different, but albums should have no more than 25 minutes on each side (in old money).

(Proper) Albums should never be more than 50 minutes long. Compliations are different, but albums should have no more than 25 minutes on each side (in old money).

Can i say the word 'bollocks' without appearing to be offensive;)

Back
Top Bottom