My androgyne cellmate is pissed at me

CrystalGeezer

My secret's my enzyme.
It was a trick.

I was working for a post production team that was videoing a dance festival. On the final night there was a ginormous banquet:

16974_1227038509832_1045110093_30570275_6730008_n.jpg

The five of us were told that we could eat at a particular table but that we'd only be served Greek salad and bread and butter. We worked all day without eating and were famished, it tasted so good and we inhaled the food with pitchers of iced tea and water, iceberg lettuce, feta, olives, dressing. It was so delicious. Then out of nowhere the same waiter that told us she could not give us the dinner portion because it was not prepared yet showed up with five dinner servings and set them in front of us. The plate was made and served to me. I couldn't turn it away. I'm sorry. It was vegetables, mashed potatos and brisket of beef. I had a crushing feeling in my body all night and if it's any consolation despite the fact I ate it mindfully, Sea Brisket tasted terrible. But I did it so you wouldn't have to and I was supposed consumate some stupid "meating" and there it was. So I'm sorry. I'll go to whole foods and get one of those cleanse things tomorrow. If I'd known we were going to be served something, I would've requested a veggie plate, but she sprung it on us. I am sorry.

It literally tasted like dirt.

This place I go all the time had birria this weekend. They were advertising it heavily. I asked what it is and it's goat. I asked beforehand, when they were advertising that they would have it, if the goat was still alive.

These people I knew growing up would get a goat and keep it in the back yard for a few months fattening it, and then slaughter it. Goats are sort of cool, and while it wasn't like a dog, I always thought it was funny that they could raise this animal and eat it. I wasn't even a vegetarian at the time, but I guess I thought meat was okay if it came on a bloody styrofoam platter wrapped in plastic. They didn't have the same idea about that, and the goat probably tasted as good as goat ever does.

It was weird because I eat at this place all the time and they have always served meat but when they told me that this goat was living and was going to be killed and served in their restaurant in a few days I thought about it and I wasn't sure if I liked eating there as much. It's just my leftover prejudice about not having any direct effect on the death that is necessary to eat meat. I got over it. They offered me a taste of it, and I said no thanks. They seemed kind of offended. They had never realized that I never order meat, I guess.

that's all I got. :thumb:

Goat. Interesting. Well the festival was Greek and they're all into lamb. It's honestly been so long that I didn't recognize that it was beef, plus one of my coworkers said it was lamb also, so I mindfully thanked the lamb that I was eating while I was eating it then read the program and discovered it was cow. The plan was to eat this meal real quick while the people shuffled in and took their seats, it's a dancing festival for kids basically so the whole time we were eating there was a guy on the microphone telling everyone to take their seats and be quiet and was talking to them like they were children. THen the archbishop of the Greek Orthodox church who flew in from New Yorn as a guest to the festival lead in a prayer and also thank the sacrifice which made me feel a little better as I'm shoveling lamb/cow into my mouth, at that point nobody else had been served the meal except us, they were standing and praying, while the other four I was with were literally making orgasm sounds as they ate The. Best. Meal. Ever. :mad: I was thinking "Really? I exposed my embarrassed soul on my blog for a slab of meat? THanks God. Get a life." (I saw signs all weekend that I was going to meet someone. :o Stupid signs.)

Tags
cow eats cow fat schizo i know! right?
Back
Top Bottom