Mozipedia: The Encyclopedia Of Morrissey And The Smiths ebook download.

Morrismiths

Last edited:
The link isn't working for me :(

I have the hard back book, but to have it as an e-book as well would be great.

Dave

Mozipedia: The Encyclopedia Of Morrissey And The Smiths by Simon Goddard

I'm sharing an ebook file of Mozipedia. This ebook has 1037 pages, lots of interesting stuff and lots of important things you should know about The Smiths and Morrissey. You may need Adobe Digital Editions or some application similar to ADE to view .epub files or this ebook. So here it is.

http://www.mediafire.com/?fe5lput0yo9abn7 or http://www.mediafire.com/file/fe5lp..._Encyclopedia_Of_Morrissey_And_The_Smiths.rar

You're a peach! Thanks! :)

Re:

Morrismiths, as a general forum rule please do not upload books / audio / visual materials which are still commercially widely available.

You are depriving the authors' earnings.

Thank you very much for your considerations.

Re:

Morrismiths, as a general forum rule please do not upload books / audio / visual materials which are still commercially widely available.

You are depriving the authors' earnings.

Thank you very much for your considerations.

Oh, I didn't know that, I'm sorry. I'm sharing this because some people can't find this book on their country or not available on their country, and to those people who can't afford this kind of books. So again, I'm sorry for violating a rule here.

Re:

Wouldn't worry - you are in a section called bootlegs and downloads.
Recording gigs and distributing them is also illegal.
As I've said before, he who is without bootleg , mp3, avi et al... cast the first stone.
I would expect a lot of the people quick to point out the 'wrongness' of your actions have things on their hard drive that Moz might object to.
Anyone downloading an out-take etc is just as 'bad'. Dear me!
Why have a downloads section at all - there are no real legal Moz downloads that any of us can freely distribute.
So it is rather hypocritical to give 'guidance' to one person and not every poster.
Bletch...
FWD

Re:

Finally got it to work - thanks Morrismiths

Dave

Re:

Oh, I didn't know that, I'm sorry. I'm sharing this because some people can't find this book on their country or not available on their country, and to those people who can't afford this kind of books. So again, I'm sorry for violating a rule here.

Don't apologise. Just do what everyone else here does and ignore Kewpie's pedantic tediousness. Utter twat

Re:

Wouldn't worry - you are in a section called bootlegs and downloads.
Recording gigs and distributing them is also illegal.
As I've said before, he who is without bootleg , mp3, avi et al... cast the first stone.
I would expect a lot of the people quick to point out the 'wrongness' of your actions have things on their hard drive that Moz might object to.
Anyone downloading an out-take etc is just as 'bad'. Dear me!
Why have a downloads section at all - there are no real legal Moz downloads that any of us can freely distribute.
So it is rather hypocritical to give 'guidance' to one person and not every poster.
Bletch...
FWD

Bravo! :thumb:

Re:

Thanks, Morrismiths. Though I have the hardbound copy, its nice to carry around in your mobile and can read whenever I am free.

Re:

I agree with the comments about bootlegs / outtakes, but not on this book issue.
I have quite a few bootlegs, Morrissey is not going to make any less or more money as a result. Same with the outtakes. They are not hurting him financially if he hasn't released them.
But the books are available to all in whatever country. They can be bought on Amazon or other online shops or (usually) direct via the publisher.
So people can't afford them...... I saw a nice piece of jewellry in a shop today that I'd love the wife to wear, but can't afford it. Is it acceptable to steal it and have the jeweller lose out financially. Or maybe I could have a friend photocopy the book at work (stealing paper and ink).

The author spent a great deal of time producing the book, give him his dues.

Re:

And I disagree with your logic.
Some illegal activity is ok but some is not.....hmmm flimsy premise.
If its illegal then its illegal.
That's (extreme example) like saying some forms of murder are ok.
No- wrong is wrong.
Personally I couldnt give a stuff if a book gets distributed on here but the policing of posters regarding their activity when the whole section is 'naughty' grates a little.
Moz is a publisher too and has shown disgust for bootlegging. Its a criminal offence in most countries.but its ok cause moz isnt losing money? That logic is just not solid.
I doubt there is a single visitor to this site who hasnt got an illegal mp3 or similar and whilst this section is called bootlegs and downloads - long may it last.

Re:

And I disagree with your logic.
Some illegal activity is ok but some is not.....hmmm flimsy premise.
If its illegal then its illegal.
That's (extreme example) like saying some forms of murder are ok.
No- wrong is wrong.
Personally I couldnt give a stuff if a book gets distributed on here but the policing of posters regarding their activity when the whole section is 'naughty' grates a little.
Moz is a publisher too and has shown disgust for bootlegging. Its a criminal offence in most countries.but its ok cause moz isnt losing money? That logic is just not solid.
I doubt there is a single visitor to this site who hasnt got an illegal mp3 or similar and whilst this section is called bootlegs and downloads - long may it last.

Morrissey could have released all of the stuff we all own ''illegally'' but chose to re-issue 14 compilations with the same songs on instead. He chose not to make money from those songs.
Authors of books have chosen to have their work published and have made it available for people to purchase or borrow from the library for nothing.

Downloading stuff not available - yes illegal - but not stealing from Morrissey directly. Downloading a book readily available is taking from someone who has made the effort to get his / her work out there.
If record / publishing companies don't get a return on their investments, there will be no more records / books. That's the difference and why owning the outtake songs unlikely to see the light of day is way less a crime in my eyes.

Re:

It's not cool to be illegally distributing this book. Who else is going to buy it other than the biggest fans who to whom you're currently offering it up for free?

As someone who runs a website that holds a lot of Smiths and Morrissey material that might come across as hypocritical, but to me there's a moral difference between distributing something that's commercially available and something that's not.

Re:

If the person downloading it had already paid for the paper version, as is likely with the biggest fans, but wanted a digital version for convenience (to read on different devices, more searchable), would you consider that morally wrong?

Moral calls are always a bit difficult so I fall back on defined guidelines. It's up to the copyright holder (or someone who represents them) to make the claim according to some simple steps in the TOS as outlined by the DMCA and I'll remove the link, the actual file is hosted elsewhere. It's possible the copyright holder may not mind - distributing a digital version for free may even lead to more sales than before as those who hadn't bought it yet may actually decide to buy the paper version (to support the author and/or for the advantages of the paper version) if they found it useful or spread the word on how good the book is.

It's not cool to be illegally distributing this book. Who else is going to buy it other than the biggest fans who to whom you're currently offering it up for free?

As someone who runs a website that holds a lot of Smiths and Morrissey material that might come across as hypocritical, but to me there's a moral difference between distributing something that's commercially available and something that's not.

Last edited:
Re:

If the person downloading it had already paid for the paper version, as is likely with the biggest fans, but wanted a digital version for convenience (to read on different devices, more searchable), would you consider that morally wrong?

Morally wrong? No. I genuinely wonder what proportion of the people downloading this own the book already. 50%?

Moral calls are always a bit difficult so I fall back on defined guidelines. It's up to the copyright holder (or someone who represents them) to make the claim according to some simple steps in the TOS as outlined by the DMCA and I'll remove the link, the actual file is hosted elsewhere. It's possible the copyright holder may not mind - distributing a digital version for free may even lead to more sales than before as those who hadn't bought it yet may actually decide to buy the paper version (to support the author and/or for the advantages of the paper version) if they found it useful or spread the word on how good the book is.

I understand the point but I don't agree. It relies on the author doing policework and issuing takedown notices which I don't think should be an assumed responsibility of an author. Regarding the point about it leading to more sales, maybe, but I think it would be fairer to let the author make that decision. The fact that he's selling the Kindle version for £8.54 suggests he wouldn't want that.

I think David's view is a middle ground approach to the issue and should be applauded.
There is much hypocrisy at times especially in this section.
Morally there is no difference breaching Moz's intellectual property rights as there is a book's author.
Similarly almost every gig is filmed and photographed now despite policies in every stadium et al stating you shouldn't do it.
But it is becomming the norm.
Decring people as thiefs or terrible humans will not stop the behaviour.
The way people are using data is changing and its only gonna get worse and upset the people who find it offensive even more.
I use the same philosophy as many here to justify my behaviour (cognitive distortions any1?). Which is: I spend enough on Moz items that I will download a bootleg or two.... so what, it wont hurt him.
Again, to those who dont like a downloads and bootlegs section - its like vegan living in an abattoir...
Don't participate if its that bad, but u sure as hell wont stop other people.
The whole infrastructure of the net is being woven around mostly illegal behaviours and will not change anytime soon.
Torrents, dvd rips, file hosting sites, mp3s etc all cement this behaviour enough to make the moral types now a minority.
I could go on, but I bore even me.
Regards,
FWD

Tags
mozipedia
Back
Top Bottom