Morrissey Solo millionaire club, I won the lottery

Winning lottery is a kiss of death.

Most people who win the lottery just aren't prepared to mNage that money. After the taxes and the pahpyments are don't being handed out as it does t come in one lump sum. I think that's part of why I liked Lionel asbo so much. After he won the money he didn't just loose it all frivolously like people would expect but like Des said was really Mart and grew it by being aggressive. My fav amis novel as well with all of its sly connections to his other work money ( which is really funny )

Sadly I never won any lottery and I think its not in my luck to win a lottery;).

Me neither. Sometimes I watch the drawings on tv and call out the numbers before they're picked and I never come close. Oh to be rich...in the words of the Beetles

Money don't get everything it's true
What it don't get I can't use

Money may not buy happiness but it sure greases the wheels :sunglasses:

I have a small house on a Greek island with a garden and a view. It's all I need to be happy.

How about a nice cool breeze, sweet sunshine and the smell of the ocean air. There is always more to desire. And the ability to be desirous is what makes us quintessentially human. Sometimes for better and sometimes for worse.

Me neither. Sometimes I watch the drawings on tv and call out the numbers before they're picked and I never come close. Oh to be rich...in the words of the Beetles

Yes, but some people blow the car when they grease the wheels. That's the problem. Well, at least the wheels burn greased.

It's true. People in poverty don't have the time to find happiness in most cases. Money can buy experiences that you might not otherwise be able to try. I always try to use the example of a single mom doing laundry. Not only do you have to work and feed and take care of children but you have to drag all your clothes and children on a bus for an hour to get to a laundry mat watch children while waiting get back on the bus for another hour just to have clean clothing. A person with money doesn't even think about it because it takes them five min in the laundry room in the house they own giving the time to play with children instead of just minding them while you're overly stressed out. Money is security in many cases for your elderly parents to your vulnerable young children

Did you know that most people who win the lottery either:
1 - become depressed
2 - go bankrupt
3 - kill themselves/die some way or another

Did you know that most people who win the lottery either:
1 - become depressed
2 - go bankrupt
3 - kill themselves/die some way or another

So you're suggesting it is the money's fault? I have seen many programs about what you say, but all money does is bring out a person's true nature. Put an alcoholic in a room full of alcohol and see what happens. Fattening food in front of an over eater. Weakness is lurking at every corner and it's up to the individual to take responsibility for their own actions.

You only hear about the bad outcomes of winning the lottery because it fills the need for many to feel better about themselves. I think if we were offered an enormous amount of money few of us would decline it. Where are the shows showing the successes of lottery winners? Oh that's right, they don't exist. Why? Because they don't sell advertisements that try to make losers feel good about themselves.

Yes, but some people blow the car when they grease the wheels. That's the problem. Well, at least the wheels burn greased.

Please see my response to the anonymous person above. Money is not the problem. It simply tends to amplify the true nature of the person controlling it. Not every rich person is bad and not every poor person is good. Anybody who says that money is the root of all evil has their eyes closed and their fingers in their ears.

Please see my response to the anonymous person above. Money is not the problem. It simply tends to amplify the true nature of the person controlling it. Not every rich person is bad and not every poor person is good. Anybody who says that money is the root of all evil has their eyes closed and their fingers in their ears.

I totally agree with you. That's why I said "some" people. Those who make terrible things to be rich, like killing, robbery, corruption, etc. It's true some things are easier with money, but sometimes the cost to get that money is too high to justify that easiness. I think if the fate of a person is for any reason to be poor, that's ok. There are a lot of things to make a person proud and happy. Money is only one of them.

I totally agree with you. That's why I said "some" people. Those who make terrible things to be rich, like killing, robbery, corruption, etc. It's true some things are easier with money, but sometimes the cost to get that money is too high to justify that easiness. I think if the fate of a person is for any reason to be poor, that's ok. There are a lot of things to make a person proud and happy. Money is only one of them.

Agreed. That is why there are laws to in prison those who break them. Winning a lottery is not a crime, but in a few instances it acts like one on the health and wellbeing of the winner. The first thing many winners do is hire an attorney when in fact a therapist might be first dollars well spent.

To go instantaneously from poor to rich and the reverse can be extremely taxing on the soul. Ultimately I am happy to see when a poor person wins the lottery. What happens afterwards is a true test of their ability and capability to handle the change in their life and sadly many don't have the proper tools for the task.

Hello Solo!

In the last month I won a lottery that made me a millionaire. I am from a european country and the money I won equals these sums in Pound and Dollar:

Pound: 3 647 584

Dollar: 5 571 278

I am still in shock of course and have just started to plan what I will do with the money like buying a nice apartment and car. This made me wonder if there are other Moz fans here at Solo that are millionaires in their respective countries?

Please tell us your story if you are.

Last edited:

Last edited:
Agreed. That is why there are laws to in prison those who break them. Winning a lottery is not a crime, but in a few instances it acts like one on the health and wellbeing of the winner. The first thing many winners do is hire an attorney when in fact a therapist might be first dollars well spent.

To go instantaneously from poor to rich and the reverse can be extremely taxing on the soul. Ultimately I am happy to see when a poor person wins the lottery. What happens afterwards is a true test of their ability and capability to handle the change in their life and sadly many don't have the proper tools for the task.

I think people with no money experience can expect to much from it and it can leave you empty. Before your purpose was struggle which isn't great for you but after, in the case of lottery winners, it can just leave you empty and adrift. People don't always fill this space with good things that are good for them. I think this is why people who make fortunes don't just retire as making the money was there purpose and what would they have or be without that purpose

I think people with no money experience can expect to much from it and it can leave you empty. Before your purpose was struggle which isn't great for you but after, in the case of lottery winners, it can just leave you empty and adrift. People don't always fill this space with good things that are good for them. I think this is why people who make fortunes don't just retire as making the money was there purpose and what would they have or be without that purpose

Very true. But the desire to make money is in and of itself not a bad thing. Neither is the desire to be rich. Bill Gates has made it his life's work to try and solve many of the plights suffered by the poor. There are good people, rich people doing the best they can to try and make the world a better place.

I guess it is all in one's current state that determines how they view the world and their prospects for happiness and security. My view is that it is just as easy to smile as it is to frown. It's just as easy to be kind than to be mean. Holding a door, letting someone in line in front of you...most kindnesses don't take money, but for some reason are often the least given.

There have been some interesting and I think very factual statements regarding this. I do wonder how our boy mozzer fairs psychologically with his wealth I.e. Money, jewelry and flesh.

Yes, that can happen between lottery winners. But it also happens to some rich heirs. I made reference to crimes and other dangerous behaviors, like Madoff scam, because a big percentage of them are originated in the anxiety to be rich in a quick, dangerous and easy way.

Very true. But the desire to make money is in and of itself not a bad thing. Neither is the desire to be rich. Bill Gates has made it his life's work to try and solve many of the plights suffered by the poor. There are good people, rich people doing the best they can to try and make the world a better place.

I guess it is all in one's current state that determines how they view the world and their prospects for happiness and security. My view is that it is just as easy to smile as it is to frown. It's just as easy to be kind than to be mean. Holding a door, letting someone in line in front of you...most kindnesses don't take money, but for some reason are often the least given.

I agree very much but. Do have sympathy for those who are poor and live a life of poverty even when they don't open a door or smile or give some other small kindness. As I said above in can be stressful and nerve wracking being poor and I don't think people so in control of themselves even when they have some amount of money or comfort. I myself can find myself acting in ways that if I looked objectively or if it was someone else I'd think why the hell are they acting that way and I'm very well taken care of. That's another interning idea for me as well. Those people who don't have access to a large amount of liquid funds but have rich parents who buy them a house car and give them a small trust that pays out a, relatively small but livable amount. They might work more average jobs but it's still not quite the level playing field that other face. I guess my point is that people seem to see wealth starkly in terms of income or access to funds and sometimes discount things. No school debt and no housing payment can put someone with a smaller income and a menial job pretty far ahead. I don't know I've recently found the subject interesting. It's along the lines of my education.

As for moz I don't know. I don't think he likes the jewelry for the sake of saying hey look I've got this but I do think he likes the opportunity to what I'll call play dress up and act out the things he grew up liking. It's fun. Also he probably has a lot of sentimental attachment to things. Like the one ring that actor gave him and he didn't take off for three years. I'm sure someone somewhere was thinking and telling others look at him such a sell out but that gift seemed to mean a lot to him because of the persona and the experience. It's fine to like nice things as long as they don't mean to much to you or that you don't attach your self worth to them etc. I'm sure moz is very happy that he can take care of his mother and make sure she has a house and health care in her old age and is free of that worry. I'm sure he appreciates the travel and first hand experiences he gotten because of it Etc. People always say on here about luxury hotels but I myself like a nice accomidation and I'm sure it's easier for him security wise but people always wanna make drama and think the worst of people. I don't think it, the wealth, gone to his head but who knows. I don't

Back
Top Bottom