Morrissey signed to Rupture Records in France, new album ready for release?

Mr. L writes:

Great news!

I just wanted to let you know that Morrissey has signed a new record deal with Rupture Records, a small French Label (also a communication agency and an about-to-open vinyl record store in Paris).

The deal is surprisingly modest, but I was told that the album was fully ready and recorded, and the design aspects are complete.

When you say small - you mean zero web presence whatsoever!?
Boz's Spanish or Camden studios could achieve all of this with minimal cost. Age of Boom has done ok even with minimal selling. Pretty sure the 'design aspects' would be honoured too. I'm happy to be wrong, but the rumour mill is beyond tedious these days.
Regards,
FWD.

Ok, my day just got better but not true until a TTY post.

Mr. L writes:

Great news!

I just wanted to let you know that Morrissey has signed a new record deal with Rupture Records, a small French Label (also a communication agency and an about-to-open vinyl record store in Paris).

The deal is surprisingly modest, but I was told that the album was fully ready and recorded, and the design aspects are complete.

Oh please Moz, let it be true.
Just confirm it on tty.
I don't care for any tacky photomontage, who ever made it.
I don't care for the label it's on.
I only care for the music, your lyrics and your voice.
And I am NOT the only one.
And I don't care about if you are reading this or not.
Just bring it out.
Praying: :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

And "Mr. L" is...?

Was wondering the same. It all seems a little weird to me and I'm not inclined to believe it's a new album about to be released of it were the world peace re release I might think it true. If it was a new album who would have produced it and been so quiet about it

Hi guys,

I was the one sending the news. I frankly believe the source is quite reliable because my business partner is a close friend of the founder of the label. All the details given were credible and not likely to be blabber, for none of them is even fond of Morrissey nor the Smiths.

As a label, they have no web presence whatsoever, and I believe they don't want any, only a channel on Vimeo for their communication business. Here's an article (in French) about the shop they're about to open. I know the owners and the PR but they couldn't confirm anything besides the shop. French people will notice how they're anything but mainstream, they're more like alt-indie-arty-hipsterish...
http://www.strategies.fr/actualites...ture-un-concept-store-dedie-a-la-musique.html

Now if everything turns out to be true, with all the skepticism on one side and the hardcore fans on the other, I just think that Rupture just didn't know what sh*t they got into by signing Morrissey. Regardless Moz's own sh*t to manage.

The record is fully recorded? Exactly when? This is a hoax , again. But I think this label sounds interesting.

What next Morrissey is getting married?

Seems BS to me. I've heard some rumors last year about Morrissey's Label hunting, he was turned down by a lot of them because of his excessive requests (ie. a lot of money in adavance + re-release of WPINOYB). The other probleme being that he was represented by a lawyer and has no manager and everybody in the business knows that he may be difficult to manage on a daily basis.

Mr. L writes:

Great news!

It's not on True to You.....so hope it's true though...

I imagine the songs have probably already been recorded previously, or at the very least- are old enough and rehearsed enough that recording will be a short process. As to whether there is any truth to this, time will tell.
I mean, it isn't like he could just go out and tour the same set with minor variations here and there for years on end, right?

Right?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom