Morrissey on Janice Long (June 15, 2011) - reminder / reports

Last edited:
She can hardly put two coherent words together and he is just so spectacularly unspectacular. Janice it's time to contact your nearest AA meeting me thinks.What a load of crap.

Hammered? I thought simply inarticulate (plus ca change).

Hard to assess the songs in that nasty compressed, barely produced form. Might be a little easier to judge when we've heard them sung live for a while.

First take at Action Is My Middle Name lyrics... help me out, I missed most of the second verse....

I'm biting my ???
into your neck
you are my possession
you don't realize yet

I'm moving too fast for you
am I beginning to confuse you

Action is My Middle Name
i can't waste time anymore
everybody has a date w an undertaker
a date that they cannot break

….

we've only just begun

Repeat chorus

am i moving too fast?
am I moving too fast?

repeat chorus 2x

da da da da da

I believe it is not biting but rather "writing". Could be wrong tho'.

Action is my middle name is great, with a gorgeous piano intro, fantastic, the kid's a looker is ok, good track to mosh to, and to whoever made the comment about his voice, f*** off, he's not friggin pavarotti, hes my/our voice and im pround, and people are the same everywhere is spot on, in our loveless nation/we're all in a rush/to find a lovers touch/and when its found/you wonder why it meant so much, thats an awesome lyric, and thats why we love him,

Thank christ for morrissey

First line sounds like:
Writing my initials
into your neck

Second verse ...sounds like:

Tongue against tongue and
we've only just begun
Could I interest you
in hours of fun?

Yes you can...oh, let's go -
Stunning song! Can't stop listening to it.
wow

'Action Is My Middle Name' is subtle, understated and emotionally affecting on repeated listening. Intriguing insight into some kind of emotional life. Almost revealing. Gorgeous piano motif. 7/10

'The Kid's A Looker' seems to be a rather pointless jibe at instant tabloid/t.v celebrity. No real killer punch to a rather pedestrian rabble-rousing Dad-rock outing. Too many 'la-da-da-la-da-da' vocalisms. Ran out of lyrics, I guess. Gormless suicide crescendo adds no voltage. 3/10

'People Are The Same Everywhere' Leaden thump. Lyrically seems misanthropy-by-numbers leading to no particularly stunning insight. Instead of 'la-di-da' we have 'woah-woah' when the lyrics run dry. Nothing earth-shattering. 3/10

Overall, appears to be ZERO musical development since last three musical outings. Risk-free feeding the fan-base. Can only hope the album (and production) has some genuinely revelatory moments. There's nowt wrong with these 3 tracks, just that they've been heard 30 times before in various other versions.

Disappointed.

Morrissey, I love you. But I think it's time to lay the microphone down & retire to a mediterean villa or Malibu beach house. Because I love you, I will keep my thoughts of the songs to myself. Thank you for all the great music you have bestowed upon us.

robertboyracer

is wayne clooney looking for a job on the nme.what a dick.keep your lyrical misanthropy to yourself.post above ,why would you post anonymous then sign robertboyracer.this sight is becoming more mental by the day.action,good.kid,needs a few listens,people,decent...no lyrical misanthropy in that 3 song reveiw,just economical with the words.perth here i come.leaving at 9.30.

Neck frink! Oh my goodness, he wants to f*** lottie! Is she going to all the concerts? If not, provide her with tickets, quick!

is wayne clooney looking for a job on the nme.what a dick.keep your lyrical misanthropy to yourself.post above ,why would you post anonymous then sign robertboyracer.this sight is becoming more mental by the day.action,good.kid,needs a few listens,people,decent...no lyrical misanthropy in that 3 song reveiw,just economical with the words.perth here i come.leaving at 9.30.

gordyboy, you have come on here and attacked people, unprovoked, so let me do the same to you. Learn how to use commas, full stops, capital letters etc properly. There is nothing more embarrassing then someone laying into someone else and they are the ones writing badly.

As for the music, which is why we are all here, it was nothing new from him, very middle of the road, washed over me. Overall I was very disappointed, but then I have been by a lot of his tracks in the last few years. Of course though, i'm looking forward to seeing him in York.

just heard them

well I can't decide yet, but they're absolutely great songs

power, speed, lyrics, some easy parts, his voice better as ever

Let's start the tour

:guitar:

ps why do lot of you compare it with released songs, me thinks Morrissey has a kind
of sound, and if your not satisfied with it, find something else what satisfies you

it might be B -sides, but ir might be , espeecially the first, a single if the album comes
out, when signing to a label, can';t believe a legend like Morrissey having to shop
around for a label:mad:

Last edited:
gordyboy, you have come on here and attacked people, unprovoked, so let me do the same to you. Learn how to use commas, full stops, capital letters etc properly. There is nothing more embarrassing then someone laying into someone else and they are the ones writing badly.

As for the music, which is why we are all here, it was nothing new from him, very middle of the road, washed over me. Overall I was very disappointed, but then I have been by a lot of his tracks in the last few years. Of course though, i'm looking forward to seeing him in York.

I don't have a problem with your review but if you're going to get into a grammar match southpaw style with someone make sure you use the word 'than' when appropriate and not 'then' as countless people seem to do. It's "nothing more embarrassing THAN..."

These were poor. Sorry but I love Morrissey but these sounded like 3 sub standard tracks that are usually the bonus track on a 3 track CD. Dull. Very very disappointing...No wonder theres no record deal. Now wheres my Vauxhall CD.....

Great songs!!!Especially"Action Is My Middle Name".I love it!!!!

Morrissey, I love you. But I think it's time to lay the microphone down & retire to a mediterean villa or Malibu beach house. Because I love you, I will keep my thoughts of the songs to myself. Thank you for all the great music you have bestowed upon us.

robertboyracer
Trolling early today?

I thought Morrissey sounded like someone doing a bad parody of himself? I'm not been nasty but he sounded like he was singing differently. These were not very good songs and I agree they sounded like 'that'll do B sides'...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom