Morrissey Live at the Hollywood High School (EAGLE VISION ANNOUNCE)

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2013 (read-only)' started by count_pipe, Mar 29, 2013.

By count_pipe on Mar 29, 2013 at 4:34 PM
  1. count_pipe

count_pipe New Member

Aug 20, 2008
    Santiago, Chile
    According to Eagle Vision TV Spring 2013 catalog (page 9)... It seems that the concert film from the Hollywood High School in LA will be released :thumb:

Live in L.A.

One of music’s most enigmatic and intriguing figures returns to centre-stage. Morrissey’s prolific career as a solo recording artist, singer and lyricist has generated an array of hits and much critical acclaim,whilst he remains one of the most influential and iconic individuals in the industry. Being the first concert film from Morrissey in many years,this rare show captures the former Smiths frontman playing live at the Hollywood High School in Los Angeles to a legion of loyal fans

The full catalog here
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
    1. !Viva Hate!
      !Viva Hate!
      Wonderful news. I look forward to purchasing it on blu ray. I wonder if EMI will be distributing it?
    2. mcrickson
      I've been looking forward to this announcement since a tour report mentioned that it was being filmed. Hopefully, Morrissey himself has had a hand in this so it actually sees the light of day officially, unlike with the Hollywood Bowl...
    3. !Viva Hate!
      !Viva Hate!
      Morrissey had a hand in the Hollywood Bowl too until he had a problem with how his hair and shirtless body looked on film...
    4. jaypayton
      how about wolverhampton 88?
    5. Playcat2000
    6. Anonymous
      Sounds great! I assume that later today TTY will release a statement disavowing this product and ordering us not to buy it lest we be deemed "fat old slags."
    7. hand in glove
      hand in glove
      Such exciting news!!
    8. Anonymous
      If he can put out live concert DVDs without a major label contract, why not an album as well?
    9. Anonymous
      I presume it will be a download since it's available in SD or HD.
    10. mcrickson
      For anyone interested and too lazy to go over to the tour page, the setlist for that evening was:

Alma Matters / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Irish Blood, English Heart / You Have Killed Me / November Spawned A Monster / Maladjusted / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Still Ill / People Are The Same Everywhere / Speedway / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Meat Is Murder / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Action Is My Middle Name / Let Me Kiss You // The Boy With The Thorn In His Side

Uh oh...also from the tour page from that evening:

Guess we can wave goodbye to yet another DVD release.. :D
    11. Anonymous
      Wasn't that one of the concerts where Moz reached deep into the audience and took a Blue Rose?
    12. robert
      Is this physical media or programming for TV channels? Looks like the stuff that's shown on Palladia HD
    13. docinwestchester
    14. Oh my god. it's Robby!
      Oh my god. it's Robby!
      thanks, reading this bit, I'd quite like to see this one :guitar:
    15. beewee
      This should be spetacular.

I hope it sees the light of day and we get instructions on how to purchase~
    16. Anonymous
      is that the real reason? i always thought it was because he was trying not to laugh
    17. Anonymous
      is that the real reason? if so, hope his hair and shirtless body looked better at the high school. i always thought it was because he didn't like himself smirking during 'please please please.'
    19. Girlmostlikely
      His body & hair look just fine:thumb: There were many beautiful pics from that night!