Morrissey interview in El Mundo (Spain); cancer treatment mention

An anonymous person writes:

'Ya descansaré cuando esté muerto' - El Mundo

Notice this: "Me han raspado tejidos cancerosos en cuatro ocasiones ya, pero qué más da"-->using google translator: "I have been scraping cancerous tissues four times already, but who cares"

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: New interviw: El Mundo (Spain) I have been scraping cancerous tissues four times already, but wh

According to Google translate (+ my own interpretation):

Your fans have been concerned in regards to your health, in recent months you have been hospitalised and have had to cancel several concerts. How are you feeling?

They have scraped cancerous tissues four times already, but whatever. If I die, then I die. And if I don’t, then I don’t. Right now I feel good. I am aware that in some of my recent photos I look somewhat unhealthy, but that’s what illness can do. I'm not going to worry about that, I'll rest when I'm dead.

So terribly upsetting...:tears::tears::tears:

Re: New interviw: El Mundo (Spain) I have been scraping cancerous tissues four times already, but wh

maybe he claims it's cancer to invoke sympathy for all the shows canceled and for those that will be canceled. he's narcissistic enough.

- and evidently you're enough of a c*** to suggest that narcissists pretend to have cancer to "invoke (sic) sympathy"...

You mean "evoke", by the way.

My sister is a sunbathing addict. She was just diagnosed with basil cell carcinoma (non-malignant) skin cancer for the second time and needs to have it removed. But the procedure isn't really scraping, it's cutting it out and stitching it up. The scraping part makes me think it might be related to his throat. Someone mentioned Barrett's Esophagus can lead to cancer when that was all going down. :(

All cancer, by its very definition, is malignant. Cancer cells are malignant cells as opposed to being benign cells--non-malignant cells.

Factoid:

Benign vs Malignant

The two terms malignant and benign are medical terms and they are often confused with each other. The fact is that they are poles apart in meaning. Malignant means that the affected cells in the body are cancerous. The tumors which are malignant can attack the tissues lying the surrounding region and spread in the body. On the other hand, benign tumor means that the tumor is not cancerous. It might grow in size but it will not spread to other parts of the body. Therefore we can say that malignant tumors love to grow and conquer the surrounding area while the benign tumors like to stay put. SOURCE

omgstfu

CG and Jehne, please do not turn this into a thread about how great your minds are and how much you know about science and what not. Have a bit of respect for the fans that have just realised that their idol is suffering from what well may be life threatening. Also have in mind that several of us have had this ourselves or have loved one that have gone through it so I think many people these days know what it means and how serious it really is. Let us not make it worse or deny the seriousness of it and just accept it like it is as this came from the man himself.

A: They have scraped cancerous tissues from me four times already, but who cares. If I die, then I die. And if not, then I don’t. Right now I feel good. I am aware that in recent photos I look unwell, but that is what illness does. I'm not going to worry about that, I’ll rest when I'm dead. ...Morrissey.

So terribly upsetting...:tears::tears::tears:

Yes it is....because we don't know all the particulars. He seems pretty fatalistic about it. Hope and pray for the best....all we can do.

All cancer, by its very definition, is malignant. Cancer cells are malignant cells as opposed to being benign cells--non-malignant cells.

Factoid:

Benign vs Malignant

The two terms malignant and benign are medical terms and they are often confused with each other. The fact is that they are poles apart in meaning. Malignant means that the affected cells in the body are cancerous. The tumors which are malignant can attack the tissues lying the surrounding region and spread in the body. On the other hand, benign tumor means that the tumor is not cancerous. It might grow in size but it will not spread to other parts of the body. Therefore we can say that malignant tumors love to grow and conquer the surrounding area while the benign tumors like to stay put. SOURCE

TheMoreYouKnowLogo.jpg

A: They have scraped cancerous tissues from me four times already, but who cares. If I die, then I die. And if not, then I don’t. Right now I feel good. I am aware that in recent photos I look unwell, but that is what illness does. I'm not going to worry about that, I’ll rest when I'm dead. ...Morrissey.

Yes it is....because we don't know all the particulars. He seems pretty fatalistic about it. Hope and pray for the best....all we can do.

If he was terminally ill he wouldn't have gotten insurance for this tour. But if he cancels again, we will know why.

If you'd listen more and talk FAR less, you would perhaps learn something and be less ignorant about science and health.

You assumed too much too fast like you often do. Scraping it and the fact he is a man means that it is likely he has skeleton cancer. If you've checked the cancer types where treatment is scraping then you'd have known that. It may be throat cancer as well.

If you'd listen more and talk FAR less, you would perhaps learn something and be less ignorant about science and health.

If you stopped summing up and judging people based on the variables they only present to you, you'd probably have some friends. I know you had cancer. I know you are knowledgable about cancer. But I also know that you know that traditionally there is malignant and non-malignant skin cancer without splitting hairs about definitions. The fact you launched into a diatribe about the linguistic technicalities of a word related to cancer tells me you are trying to shift the conversation to CANCER and not MORRISSEY who has cancer. Your MO is to talk about you. If Morrissey died I bet you a dollar that would be the greatest day ever, that way we could all get back to the most important topic, Jehne and her phoney air of intelligence. Fake discourse and hyperlinks to source material. To that I say with the intellectual resolve of a Harvard graduate in the presence of an ITT Tech poseur giving a homily on something that sounds sorta like the topic at hand, omgstfu.

maybe he claims it's cancer to invoke sympathy for all the shows canceled and for those that will be canceled. he's narcissistic enough.

Please!

If you hate him so much, why be in this forum?

If you think so little of him, why care what he says at all?

My sister is a sunbathing addict. She was just diagnosed with basil cell carcinoma (non-malignant) skin cancer for the second time and needs to have it removed. But the procedure isn't really scraping, it's cutting it out and stitching it up. The scraping part makes me think it might be related to his throat. Someone mentioned Barrett's Esophagus can lead to cancer when that was all going down. :(

I'm sorry to hear that about your sister, CG, but very good to know it's non-malignant.

Yes, for skin cancer, usually the procedure is a complete removal of the area. A small biopsy doesn't contain enough cells to make an accurate diagnosis of whether it is malignant or benign. Also, with skin cancer, we can see changes in the size, color, etc., of the area. When inside the body, however, cellular changes cannot be determined with the naked eye so a small biopsy (pinching or scraping of the area) is obviously needed. It would make sense to relate this statement to Barrett's Esophagus as he must have his esophagus checked often now. As I understand it, Esophageal Cancer is rare and only a small percentage of patients with Barrett's Esophagus actually develop it. Still very worrisome and an extremely sad day for Morrissey fans, as he has openly revealed something very drastic and possibly life threatening about his health.

I'm sorry to hear that about your sister, CG, but very good to know it's non-malignant.

Yes, for skin cancer, usually the procedure is a complete removal of the area. A small biopsy doesn't contain enough cells to make an accurate diagnosis of whether it is malignant or benign. Also, with skin cancer, we can see changes in the size, color, etc., of the area. When inside the body, however, cellular changes cannot be determined with the naked eye so a small biopsy (pinching or scraping of the area) is obviously needed. It would make sense to relate this statement to Barrett's Esophagus as he must have his esophagus checked often now. As I understand it, Esophageal Cancer is rare and only a small percentage of patients with Barrett's Esophagus actually develop it. Still very worrisome and an extremely sad day for Morrissey fans, as he has openly revealed something very drastic and possibly life threatening about his health.

She'll be fine. In an effort to communicate the dangers of sunbathing without sunscreen (I'm talking to you Morrissey) she had the first one removed on her chest ten years ago. Her dermatologist said NO MORE SUN. She follows doctor's orders, it wasn't exposed to sun for ten years and it grew back. Sunbathing is great and an excellent Vitamin D boost, but SPF 30 is your friend. USE IT. Also moisturizers with sunscreen for the ladies under their foundation. The sun wants to make Icarus out of all of us, he's a cat, he don't give a f***.

Personally, I'll start worrying about Morrissey's health when he's dead. :)

-Don't worry, he can't read that ^ . Plus, it's what he would have wanted.-

I find the dynamic between RB and CG to be very interesting and entertaining. They never fail to go at each other as if they are siblings that just don't get along. You're a doodoo face. No you're a doodoo face. Only slightly higher brow ;)

Sunbathing is stupid and a bit like eating a frying pan cause you need more iron. D-vitamin can be added with pills or drops and that is more effective. The sunlight we need should be absorbed in the shade and with shorts on as the sunlight is in fact absorbed behind the knee.

Moz said his is melanoma right in his own lyrics. Although, he may have not meant it literally. He says he lives his life in solitude, but he actually has many buddies. He wrote about them in his book and you see them in the candid photos of him about town. Of course, some of them exited the world suddenly, such as the chatty girl who had leukemia. Moz may have tried to communicate with her through the Ouija Board.

Anyway, I wish the best of health, life, and afterlife for my hero Moz. I pray that he does not pre-decease me. :)

This is old news, just read this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...e-tour-Reports-death-greatly-understated.html

It is his throat and it is caused by reflux for smokers and those that drink alcohol or maybe even too much sweets as we know he loves that. He cancelled over this before and now he reveals it turned into cancer.

This is old news, just read this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...e-tour-Reports-death-greatly-understated.html

It is his throat and it is caused by reflux for smokers and those that drink alcohol or maybe even too much sweets as we know he loves that. He cancelled over this before and now he reveals it turned into cancer.

Yes, I thought at first it may be skin cancer. Now it seems it may be something else. I'm sure we all hope and pray for the best.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom