• Thread starter Deleted member 25370
  • Start date

Very informative, thank you!
" On this tour of Australia, Morrissey has kept Sydney off the schedule to give the city " a moment to breathe" :D

In the first link about talent shows on tv, I saw in the related contentlink another review titled: A hair-raising thrill still. By Michael Dwyer. :)

The statements seem sorta cotridictory. Ah me and Morrissey will never really agree about American politics. Thanks for the share

I don't know who of the Mods kindly edited my original Post, but it Looks strange to me now. Amongst other things I wouldnt have highlighted the first quotation, as this was dealt with a Million Times before, and those who still cling to the past, sorry, cannot be helped in my Eyes. I would only highlight the things that we havent read about before so many uncountable Times, like quando informatively did when he cited the Sydney remark

I've had similar problems in the past. It's annoying especially considering all the other less respectable things defended in the name of free speech

I copied your original title to the post. Sorry if the editing changed the context of your post, I am just trying to add a bit more information as it is featured on the main page as an article and the title of the thread is important as a summary for those quickly browsing and for links posted to Twitter and Facebook.

I don't know who of the Mods kindly edited my original Post, but it Looks strange to me now. Amongst other things I wouldnt have highlighted the first quotation, as this was dealt with a Million Times before, and those who still cling to the past, sorry, cannot be helped in my Eyes. I would only highlight the things that we havent read about before so many uncountable Times, like quando informatively did when he cited the Sydney remark

Poor Moz constantly being asked about a Smiths reunion. If that was Paul Weller always being asked about The Jam he would headbutt the interviewer. But seriously, these 'interviews' must take all of five seconds. It's so shallow it doesn't even count as a puddle.

Omg I laughed so hard when he said his current band is magnificent, good o'l morrissey he hasn't lost his sense of humor one bit.

Morrissey can tolerate silly songs

Morrissey slams The X Factor and reality talent shows - AAP / The Sydney Morning Herald

Excerpt:

"There isn't a single second throughout the day when such a thing (a Smiths reunion) strikes me as either necessary or likely," he said.

"Musically, I haven't ever been so fulfilled as I am in 2016, and the band I have is magnificent, whereas, reformations are essentially bands trying to get away with something that they no longer are and no longer feel. I see no dignity in that. "

and a review on the Melbourne show:

Morrissey tells concertgoers Trump and Clinton ‘can’t stand the American public’ by Cameron Adams (3 photos by Rob Leeson) - News Corp Australia Network

Morrissey refers to the Stone Roses I think, and if so he's right, they're making big money, fast. Mike Joyce must be kicking himself, all that courtroom bother for a few million, presuming it was a few million. Maybe Mike, Johnny & Andy should reform the Smiths, Johnny singing (lol), their would only be 25% of the band missing, would anyone notice?

Yet another interview with the same old questions I mean, you have a brilliant man answering your questions but you waste it asking about a Smiths' reunion? What a shame.

"Musically, I haven't ever been so fulfilled as I am in 2016, and the band I have is magnificent, whereas, reformations are essentially bands trying to get away with something that they no longer are and no longer feel. I see no dignity in that."

I wanted a reunion but I sort of see where he is coming from now....

"Musically, I haven't ever been so fulfilled as I am in 2016, and the band I have is magnificent, whereas, reformations are essentially bands trying to get away with something that they no longer are and no longer feel. I see no dignity in that."

I wanted a reunion but I sort of see where he is coming from now....

Yeah he's essentially saying I No longer feel that way and it would be phony when talking about reunions. If the smiths were about sincerity and meant/stood for something I for sure wouldn't want to see it being faked for money. It would soil that legacy. I'd still watch though but I don't know, it'd cheapen it and the experience and just make it about my own nostalgia

I don't read that many published concert reviews, but this Melbourne one really examined the setlist and overall Morrissey concert-going experience in more detail than usual! Wonder if he's a Moz-solo frequenter.
Interesting comparison of Moz' and Marr's version of How Soon is Now?, with a funny quip about the latter's upcoming autobiography.

Last edited:
Rather than ask Morrissey about Smiths reunions (it's long dead to him) I'd like journos to ask about the Smiths songs he still plays. Are they chosen wholly based on the lyrics having meaning for him today (with a song like Meat is Murder his mantra and William being defunct)? How much of it is fan service? Do the band have any say in what they'd like to tackle musically?

Artists are generally happiest with their most recent work, but Moz seems particularly big on World Peace... I'd say it's his best since Quarry.

Rather than ask Morrissey about Smiths reunions (it's long dead to him) I'd like journos to ask about the Smiths songs he still plays. Are they chosen wholly based on the lyrics having meaning for him today (with a song like Meat is Murder his mantra and William being defunct)? How much of it is fan service? Do the band have any say in what they'd like to tackle musically?

Artists are generally happiest with their most recent work, but Moz seems particularly big on World Peace... I'd say it's his best since Quarry.

Most of the UK reviews said it was his best since the 1990s and I'd agree with that, mainly because he moved on from the chug-rock default musical sessions which blighted every album from Southpaw onwards. But most of the songs are still nowhere near the genius of the Marr compositions.
Is there a sane human being on the planet who would claim that Kiss Me A Lot is better than This Charming Man?

They should reunite and make a record but just make one copy and then sell it to a billionaire like Wu Tang Clan did with their last record.

Ha, and than suddenly that vinyl would be up for sale at Amazone, Ebay, or where ever for 10 seconds at an enormous amount and sold and than suddenly it appeared the master tapes where not destroyed as part of the deal and somebody sneakily had created another vinyl and put it up for sale and than all hell would break lose, all connesceurs debating about whether it was a fraud or not.
Discussions about numbers, colour, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.
People would go apeshit, moz denying it existed, Johnny Marr slipping away through the backdoor, Mike Joyce claiming it was real and implying there could possibly be another copy, Andy Rourcke not remembering he played on it.
Ah, what a wonderful thought. :laughing:
Just a bit bored, sorry. :o

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom