Morrissey disses Madonna in Israel

Playedsymphonies sends the post by Bitch at MadonnaNation:

Big Mouth Strikes Again - Morrissey Disses Madonna. - MadonnaNation Forums

Morrissey was performing this week in Israel and he gave an interview to one of the biggest newspapers here, in order to promote his show. He went on and on, when asked about M.

Here's my translation:

"I saw Madonna in concert a few years ago in L.A. and the wasteful distribution of everything extravagant meant to distract you from the fact that she has no talent whatsoever. No one from the crowd wanted to hug her. No one in the crowd wanted to come closer to her.

She's the most succesful scam in the history of music and she never got a single complement from a person with an actual integrity.

She's not funny, she has no personality. You look at the stage and sometimes you forget that she's even there... But she has an expensive PR machine, so she was probably heavily promoted in Israel, while I would be found in the gutter with my face down, for identification purposes."

Here's the video article at nana10.co.il.

Last edited:
He is talking utter nonsense. "Borderline", "Ray of Light", "Like a Prayer", "Into the Groove", "Express Yourself" and many others are quite simply brilliant pop songs.

all a complete and utter waste of breath, from a talentless ego-maniac idiot

I actually like Madonna a lot. Before I even knew who Morrissey was in the 1980's I listened to her music all the time. As well as Prince, too. And in my young mind I felt she was something rather new. She represented, to me, what a very strong and willful woman could do. That was before I knew anything about the women Morrissey loved so much. There are bands that he really cares for, but I don't like one bit. However, I'd never insult him because I care so much about his opinions and respect him for them. So...when he does this sort of thing it makes me feel bad. It makes me feel like he's saying to me that I have shit taste in music and very little integrity - which is far from the truth. I know he doesn't care for her, but if he dislikes her so much, why did he even go to her show in the first place?

I really love Morrissey more than any other SINGER/LYRICIST out there, and I love him so much as a person, but sometimes I wish he wouldn't be so harsh and degrading. :straightface:

The people here unfamiliar with her back catalogue and back story need to stfu and stop making themselves look like the close-minded fools of their embittered hasbeen idol. There has always been a big crossover of Madonna/Moz fans.

No depth and subtance to her work? Yes, I suppose that's why Like a Prayer made NME's top 100 albums of all time list twice while none of his did.

And he is obviously a closet (no pun intended) fan. If Moz grew up in the 80s he'd worship her like any other gay, instead of having his nose stuck in Germaine Greer books (awful woman).

Look at the camp diva nonsense he listened to - Cilla f***ing Black, Sandie Shaw, Twinkle, he even complimened the vile Lulu! - yet NOT liking the far superior Dusty. Oh and let me think, did any of his faves have minimal voices/no talent? Why yes. Nancy Sinatra probably doesn't even have a one octave range - "These Boots" famously is the easiest song to sing. Such a hypocrite.

But ole' Blue Eyes had incredible voice - Simply Legendary. Madonna on the other hand ehhh... She lip syncs 95% in her live shows.

;)

Oh boy, I feel like telling a child Santa doesn't exist....
Every songwriter that has ever worked with Madge, admitted publicly she actually writes NADA, ZERO. Well wait ,she actually receives a complete song (lyrics and music) and then "change" a single line to make it hers. For example change a word in the lyric from 'said' to 'tell', from 'angry' to 'mad' and so on :D .
What's hilarious is she and her songwriters have stolen other people's songs for almost 30 years, going back to "Like a Virgin". Her career is full of plagiarism , and court cases where she had lost all the time against the true artists and compensated them. When being asked by the media, she denies she had any contribution to the stolen songs lol .
It's ironic how she attacks Lady Gaga for Born this Way since Express yourself is stolen too! the original song is called 'Respect Yourself' by The Staples Singers . Well Madonna doesn't respect herself or the audience :D ...
Take a look :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1II2nPmBZJk

P.S. surprise surprise Madonna is being sued (again), this time for her "Girls Gone Wild" single. Now she changed it to "Girl Gone Wild" (from plural to singular :D ). But the original artist is still not satisfied (obviously)....

What's worse than a moron? A moron with an ulterior motive. Madonna does write and produce the majority of her own music. There exists documentation of the lyric writing process - from scratch. Plus, she produces her own work and if you bother to look into it you will see how surprised people are to see how involved she is with her music after working with her. Her first album was written mainly by her, very lo fi and it's an amazing record. Why have such an ignorant and condemning stance on the matter?

I think Morrissey owes Madonna a beer for whipping her boob out on stage the other night and validating his point. :p "NO FEAR!" Lol. :rofl:

That she didn't even write...

More misinformed preconceived rubbish. Google is your friend before you spout off and embarrass yourself. Do you really think given the consistent themes in her songs they could have come from anyone else?

She is credited with composing music and writing music - even has some sole songwriting credits, coming up with a good deal of the melodies of her songs. Does Morrissey? Oh wait, no, because he's SUCH an untouchable musical genius. Where would he be without Johnny Marr?

Moz may have been the best lyricist to walk the planet and a good singer, but don't try and slate others just cause you hate disco and have played "Panic" too many times.

The secret diary of Stephen Morrissey$$$

Woke up and tried to write some wonderful, witty, wasp-ish song lyrics for a big attempt at a 2013 comeback ( Working title "The BIG push").
Anyway as always my quill refuses to write anything of interest so will try again tmrw (Yawn).
It seems Walker the walker has had a cunning plan and posted on that site!!!! The one that I told him and everybody else to FK!!! shall never speak of him again*. (*Must remember to turn fans against him)
That reminds me I need to find a new drummerboy, a drummerboy who is into domination, total dom, oh yes I will be able to dress and undress him and feed him lettuce and cheese strings. Will fax all my many showbiz contacts later with my dom needs.
Ring Julia to tell her to post a "statement" to announce I will be playing in Edinburgh as well as the previous "only UK" gig in Mancfister.
P. R.????????????? Hhhhmmmmm I need to get myself in the headlines more!!!!!! I am going to carry on pushing the silly comments theme by having a pop at the usual suspects (Wills/Kate/Royals/English/Obama/Falklands/Canada/Madge etc etc oh forgot to mention the meat eaters/industry !!!!!
Now then must ring some more UK venues it seems daft to have all the crew on the road just to do two gigs!!!! I could tell Julia to use some sort of line as "carbon footprint" in future "Statements".
Note to self* When I go on stage I will say "Good evening .............................. Why???? Because............Because we must!!!!!!!!The songs maybe OLD!!!!!!!!!! BUT we've got LOTS and lots of new T-Shirts and other merch in all sizes available at the back"
That reminds me I need to e-mail some designs off to the T-Shirt printers in Shudehill for the UK gig(s)

This brings out the lol's.

Actually, Madonna writes most of her own music. Yes, she has co writers, but so do most people in the business (even those who claim they write it all themselves. Im not talking about morrissey, but about popstars)

You should try to listen to "American Life", her most critically acclaimed, yet commercially failed album from 2003. I think she wrote everything herself with a bit of help from Mirwais on a few songs. thas it. but its a wonderful record, not too "poppy" or any of that nonsense. Im sure some of you already know about this album, but if you haven't, I really recommend it. I think its the closest to the "personal" and "real" Madonna we have so far.

Actually, Madonna writes most of her own music. Yes, she has co writers, but so do most people in the business (even those who claim they write it all themselves. Im not talking about morrissey, but about popstars in general)

Madonna is not a product, if anything, people like britney spears, katy perry, and lady gaga are all based on the "madonna model", which she created herself. She makes her own decisions and if she wants to say shit then, just like morrissey, she'll say it. she isnt one to hide or kiss people's asses.

You should try to listen to "American Life", her most critically acclaimed (in europe), yet commercially failed album from 2003. I think she wrote everything herself with a bit of help from Mirwais on a few songs. c'est tout. its a wonderful record, not too "poppy" or any of that nonsense. Im sure some of you already know about this album, but if you haven't, I really recommend it. I think its the closest to the "personal" and "real" Madonna we have so far. Even critics in the same league of "pitchfork" in europe praised this album and madonna herself for a long time for it.

One thing you have to realize: Madonna makes amazing work, but she doesnt always release singles or videos for it. look for the songs on her albums, the non-singles. ray of light, music, american life and erotica albums. it goes so much deeper than "pop" or "dance". american life is the furthest thing from "dance" or "pop".

He's performing there this week? Have I completely slept through the last 6 weeks? I hate it when I do that.

Given that fallacy how accurate is the rest of this article? I noticed we don't actually hear him say what they purport him to have said and besides, he went to Madonna concert?

I don't know David, this has serious red flags.

Not this week..He will be perfomring in israel on july 21st

Can anybody upload the scans of the full interview with him?or maybe it will be published next week?

Madonna does suck. Even Bjork thinks she sucks and she gave Bedtime Stories to Madonna and M pretty much ruined it. Of course, some people will say that she didn't ruin it...but I'm sure Bjork cringes at the sound of her rendition of the song. And she's lasted this long for the same reason Justin Bieber and Katy Perry make so much money. Most people are brainless and will buy anything that makes them dance.

"He is talking utter nonsense. "Borderline", "Ray of Light", "Like a Prayer", "Into the Groove", "Express Yourself" and many others are quite simply brilliant pop songs."
When I heard Madonna pretentiously talking about her work on stage as an 'Art-Installation', or mentioning adopting an african child, etc... etc... I just laughed, and thought 'how right was-is Moz about her'! And he is... She's a bluff and 90% of her work is redundant, histerical and absolutely minor....

that "#mattwalker" thing is one of the funniest things I have read here in a long while :p
almost makes me want to re-think how I feel about anonymous posting, almost :cool:

now as for the whole Moz v Madonna, it really gets me in a weird because see
back in the mid 80s I had posters on my bedroom walls, they included one of Madonna scantily clad :horny:
and on the other side of my bedroom door was one of "The Smiths"
these posters and my black door(I painted it) were what I looked at as I went to sleep
and sometimes when I woke early it was to imagining Madonna, you know :blushing:
but then those boys for "The Smiths" would stare back at me with their mocking eyes, judging me :straightface:
and often staying my hand :o

so yeah, when I read Moz hatred of Madonna, all I can think of him still being a prude :eek:

It really is time to go now Morrissey. A magical presence in The Smiths and a few golden years as a solo artist that started to unravel when you started to trawl your Smiths back catalogue with guitarists who couldn't play Johnny's parts. They even got the tunings wrong on most of them. Who Put The M In Manchester is littered with examples. There are many 'amateurs' on Youtube that have mastered those songs. I can't believe this is the same man that I and many others adored and worshipped up and down the country gig after gig, but in just less than ten years I have witnessed the unravelling of fandom, community of followers, loyalty and identity as a group. Even this site has gave way to people who have probably never seen Morrissey live. It's gone, everything! I'm sick of seeing crap about the band coming on dressed as this, that or the other and the same pointless swipes at the same targets. Time to call it a day. It's starting to mean nothing to me now. I guess there are many who feel the same.

Or maybe it's time for YOU to stop coming here?

Hilarious the amount of Madonna groupies bothering to come here to defend the indefensible (best line so far: "Google is your friend" - as though everything on the internet is both accurate and impartial!) I suppose it makes a change from reading the usual whining of Moz fans pretending not to be, pretending to be over and above it all, and offering SPM the benefit of their peerless wisdom and insight...

Why is this site still going? What's the point?

Hilarious the amount of Madonna groupies bothering to come here to defend the indefensible (best line so far: "Google is your friend" - as though everything on the internet is both accurate and impartial!) I suppose it makes a change from reading the usual whining of Moz fans pretending not to be, pretending to be over and above it all, and offering SPM the benefit of their peerless wisdom and insight...

Why is this site still going? What's the point?

Yes the Google autocomplete suggestion search of "Morrissey racist" is much amuse.

A more PERTINENT question is if this site is so awful why do YOU keep coming here? What's the point indeed.

Madonna does suck. Even Bjork thinks she sucks and she gave Bedtime Stories to Madonna and M pretty much ruined it. Of course, some people will say that she didn't ruin it...but I'm sure Bjork cringes at the sound of her rendition of the song. And she's lasted this long for the same reason Justin Bieber and Katy Perry make so much money. Most people are brainless and will buy anything that makes them dance.

You like that annoying tuneless caterwauling dog Björk? Nuff said. Now that's what I call cringing.

And Mr Logic, Bieber and Perry have only been around a couple of years so at least make a comparison, that, y'know, makes sense. If "most people are brainless" I'd hate to think what that makes you.

You're so reductive! The only line Bjork contributed, according to herself, was the line "let's get unconcious honey". Look it up!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom