Morrissey disses Madonna in Israel

Playedsymphonies sends the post by Bitch at MadonnaNation:

Big Mouth Strikes Again - Morrissey Disses Madonna. - MadonnaNation Forums

Morrissey was performing this week in Israel and he gave an interview to one of the biggest newspapers here, in order to promote his show. He went on and on, when asked about M.

Here's my translation:

"I saw Madonna in concert a few years ago in L.A. and the wasteful distribution of everything extravagant meant to distract you from the fact that she has no talent whatsoever. No one from the crowd wanted to hug her. No one in the crowd wanted to come closer to her.

She's the most succesful scam in the history of music and she never got a single complement from a person with an actual integrity.

She's not funny, she has no personality. You look at the stage and sometimes you forget that she's even there... But she has an expensive PR machine, so she was probably heavily promoted in Israel, while I would be found in the gutter with my face down, for identification purposes."

Here's the video article at nana10.co.il.

Last edited:
Don't have to look much further to see where he and Alain don't see eye to eye.

Moz is pretty much spot on in his assessment and I've never understood how anyone could be a Smiths/Moz fan and also like Madonna's offerings. They always seemed mutually exclusive to me.

I believe Morrissey or someone said that back in the 80's - if not about her music then certainly about the same type of music. I believe you know this, too, and apparently can't think for yourself. It is quite easy to like the two. Morrissey's music is completely embraced on an entirely intellectual and emotional level, whereas Madonna's music is just fun - there's no substance there. Let yourself go, so to speak. What's wrong with that?

I believe Morrissey or someone said that back in the 80's - if not about her music then certainly about the same type of music. I believe you know this, too, and apparently can't think for yourself. It is quite easy to like the two. Morrissey's music is completely embraced on an entirely intellectual and emotional level, whereas Madonna's music is just fun - there's no substance there. Let yourself go, so to speak. What's wrong with that?

I couldn't agree more. That's at least how I reconcile my Madonna fandom to myself.:blushing:

Last edited:

Morrissey also said , that Madonna is the clostest form to prostitution, of something of those words

I know he did, Celibate, but what's that got to do with anything I just said?

I'll try to connect the 2 points, to me Morrissey is the unwavering love, Madonna is the guilty pleasure on the side. I get satisfaction out of both but not the same type, Morrissey reaches my soul & Madonna makes me dance. I absolutely adore Morrissey, but I like my little escapades listening to LMFAO, Madonna, Gaga etc... Speaking of LMFAO, Morrissey is Sexy & he knows it!

Blimey, at first glance I thought this said 'Morrissey dies in Israel', is he still banging on about Madonna? he should focus on getting 'Scandinavia' released, let the music do the talking baby.

"I saw Madonna in concert a few years ago in L.A." Let me stop you there Morrissey...

I loved Madonna in the 80's and I'm ashamed of my past!
I did not understand anything then but one day i was listening to shock "Bigmouth strikes again and my life was saved!

N.B. Sorry my English but I'm Italian and I love only Morrissey!

After the Superbowl nonsense, dressed up like Maude Liebowski? Yes Moz, an extravagant waste of everything!

It really is time to go now Morrissey. A magical presence in The Smiths and a few golden years as a solo artist that started to unravel when you started to trawl your Smiths back catalogue with guitarists who couldn't play Johnny's parts. They even got the tunings wrong on most of them. Who Put The M In Manchester is littered with examples. There are many 'amateurs' on Youtube that have mastered those songs. I can't believe this is the same man that I and many others adored and worshipped up and down the country gig after gig, but in just less than ten years I have witnessed the unravelling of fandom, community of followers, loyalty and identity as a group. Even this site has gave way to people who have probably never seen Morrissey live. It's gone, everything! I'm sick of seeing crap about the band coming on dressed as this, that or the other and the same pointless swipes at the same targets. Time to call it a day. It's starting to mean nothing to me now. I guess there are many who feel the same.

so what? Frank Sinatra didn't write his stuff either

and?
you think that makes alright??
second hand emotion, glorified karaoke is the same who ever blurts it out.
sinatra. presley. madonna etc etc etc

anyone who cant write their own material immediatley puts themself in a lower league. regurgitating someone elses thoughts/feelings doesnt impress me, does it you?

Madonna...is more of a product than an artist. Just like A LOT of pop stars out there. I think this is more or less what Morrissey is getting at: there is no emotion, no depth, nothing. It seems that all her music is completely meaningless to her and to everyone else in the crowd.

Madonna puts on a show for mere entertainment; she doesn't touch people on a personal level. It's funny because I was discussing something similar these days: Isn't it weird how Britney Spears charges £800 for a ticket and Morrissey charges £32???

How cool is Madge gettin one of her milk trucks out on stage.
beat that Mozzy!!!! Your move

surprised he never mentioned her voice,she has always been terrible live.

Oh really? http://youtu.be/s15GTGdUuvM

But yes, even her fans know she can't sing live mostly, she's had her moments but is very inconsistent at best.

Still, what does voice have to do with anything when it comes to making good music? Especially in her genre of dance-pop. Even Moz's - with such lovely "singers" as Damon Albarn and Chris Martin and going back to Dylan, Beatles and Stones. Funny how THEY never get any criticism for their shaky singing and lack of chops, yet women are always expected to sound like Aretha or Karen Carpenter. Definite sexist double standard there.

And if you want to do down THAT route then many also HATE Morrissey's acquired taste voice - not me, and I think he's still superb live.

I love the music, but I'm not fond of either as people. Moz's mid life crisis is gutwrenching to watch, he makes more and more of a fool of himself.

I submitted the story and have been posting here since it began more or less. Madonna was my fave pop artist in my teens and still up there even if she's not the Madonna I grew up with, but Moz is my fave musically.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom