Morrissey currently without management or record deal - statement at true-to-you.net

Announcement - true-to-you.net
4 March 2012

Music industry trade websites have recently listed Morrissey as being presently managed by either Irving Azoff or Ron Laffitte. This information is untrue. Morrissey does not have management, and does not have a recording deal. Any enquiries on both of these matters may be addressed to Donnie at [email protected]. No other source at this time represents Morrissey.

UPDATE Mar. 6, 7:50AM PT:

alabamy posted some additional info on "Donnie".

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Morrissey currently without management or record deal - statement at tru

I recomend you getting a account on here to let me see who you are and zoning out means not paying attention!

I'm totally zoning out.

Re: Article: Morrissey currently without management or record deal - statement at tru

Take Ringleaders and Refusal and nick the best tracks from both and you would just about scrape together a decent listen. Only Morrissey himself and the terminally deluded think either are a career highlight.

Totally agree with John!

I bought the first Smiths record the day it came out and saw the Smiths twice during the Queen is Dead tour and Moz during his first 3 tours. For Moz, eveything since Vauxhall has been sub-par and his last 3 records are not very good. He loves the New York Doll's, but had he not met Marr, and gone down that road, you would never even know of the artist Morrissey. His current sound is far more Doll's like than Smiths like and who needs another semi-distoration record. His voice simply does not fit that sound. Also, I am not that impressed with Marr either. But, I do think Marr is still much more in tune with melody and could probably make a great record with the right collaborator. I dunno. Moz still has it him as he is up there with Lennon and Bowie, but with his current band, sound, and musical direction expect nothing more from him. I suggest you keep a lookout for the new Dearhunter or the next Drums record.

Totally agree with John!

I bought the first Smiths record the day it came out and saw the Smiths twice during the Queen is Dead tour and Moz during his first 3 tours. For Moz, eveything since Vauxhall has been sub-par and his last 3 records are not very good. He loves the New York Doll's, but had he not met Marr, and gone down that road, you would never even know of the artist Morrissey. His current sound is far more Doll's like than Smiths like and who needs another semi-distoration record. His voice simply does not fit that sound. Also, I am not that impressed with Marr either. But, I do think Marr is still much more in tune with melody and could probably make a great record with the right collaborator. I dunno. Moz still has it him as he is up there with Lennon and Bowie, but with his current band, sound, and musical direction expect nothing more from him. I suggest you keep a lookout for the new Dearhunter or the next Drums record.

**Well said. I agree that the post-Vauxhall output has been very sub-par. The question is why. What happened after the release of Vauxhall that caused such a deterioration of thoughtful lyrics and melodies that fit them? Is this when Alain's departure took place? I wonder if the breakdown of the core group of bandmates is a big cause? No Alain, no Gary Day, and no Spencer. Clearly, during the Your Arsenal era, there was a genuine togetherness and happiness; it is evident in the videos and in their performances. Perhaps if Moz went back with Stephen Street for a new album things would turn around? It is time to cut loose this band. Although, judging by the way he treats his band, who in his right mind would sign on?

**Well said. I agree that the post-Vauxhall output has been very sub-par. The question is why. What happened after the release of Vauxhall that caused such a deterioration of thoughtful lyrics and melodies that fit them? Is this when Alain's departure took place? I wonder if the breakdown of the core group of bandmates is a big cause? No Alain, no Gary Day, and no Spencer. Clearly, during the Your Arsenal era, there was a genuine togetherness and happiness; it is evident in the videos and in their performances. Perhaps if Moz went back with Stephen Street for a new album things would turn around? It is time to cut loose this band. Although, judging by the way he treats his band, who in his right mind would sign on?

He needs to make a purely acoustic and ambient type record with someone like Brian Eno producing laced with various well placed ambient synth parts. Like a very modern "i know very well how I got my name" type sound (the one where he and vinny laughs at the end when vinny misplaces the note). His voice was killer on that song and the lyrics was pur Moz. This will at least get him back on the right track.

Is Morrissey ever going to do a US tour again???

Yes it's been all of oohhh 3 months since he toured the US........
If you are that impatient, I suggest you try the two Hawaii dates in May ;)

I don't know much about record company politics, or whatever, but I guess he's doing okay alone. I just wish we could get the new LP.

By the way...nice email address Donnie!!

yes it's been all of oohhh 3 months since he toured the us........
If you are that impatient, i suggest you try the two hawaii dates in may ;)
the flights are too expensive though!!!

It is time to cut loose this band and totally change musical direction. Touring must be a bitch and this is the only way artists can make money anymore. Maybe this band is up for touring, Jessie is probably a good live rock guitar player, but they are not a good studio band at all. Studio wise, he has beat this dead horse to death.

the flights are too expensive though!!!

There's no pleasing some folk........ can you leave the name of your town on a future reply so Morrissey can book a venue within walking distance of your trailer park?

I'm afraid this seems like Morrissey holding out for what he feels is his after all these years. Sad, because he used to be a great example of self-reliance, hard work, and really "earning" all that he got. Now it seems he feels entitled to something. If not, then he'd sign with a small label, put out great work, continue touring the globe (he must make 7-figures on these tours), and attempting to "own" new media. Look at a band like the Trashcan Sinatras...they decided in the late 1990's to rally their global following online, and they're still around today purely because of their fans' connectivity to them online. Morrissey could own this space, and he should.

Hey.. What really matters is the music, right? So if there were some really great tunes being put out by Moz on his current tour, then record biz execs would be atleast listening. Especially after these very tunes were released on a smaller label, like Quarry released on Attack Records. A really decent record by the way. In Morrisseys defense, even he will have a rough go at topping the likes of Vauxhall & I. A possible solution to getting that new hit record is hire the hit maker! Hey Morrissey, give old Streety a ring and pay him a decent sign on bonus with extra loot for even more songs.

So I guess the posts that get deleted for being Trolls are just those that attack So-Low, david or the usual suspects? All this other crap on here is perfectly fine? You either censor consistently or you don't. But to censor selectively (while bleating about free speech) is abhorrent and hypocritical on so many levels.

So I guess the posts that get deleted for being Trolls are just those that attack So-Low, david or the usual suspects? All this other crap on here is perfectly fine? You either censor consistently or you don't. But to censor selectively (while bleating about free speech) is abhorrent and hypocritical on so many levels.

What specifically did you want censored? Did you report the post?

If Stephan wants a "real career" he will finally sign ON for The Smiths reunion - its been in the works , jason IS saying YES and Johney and Muzster will be set up in their old age! Onward Onward Cripsin Tartettes ~

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom