Morrissey currently without management or record deal - statement at true-to-you.net

Announcement - true-to-you.net
4 March 2012

Music industry trade websites have recently listed Morrissey as being presently managed by either Irving Azoff or Ron Laffitte. This information is untrue. Morrissey does not have management, and does not have a recording deal. Any enquiries on both of these matters may be addressed to Donnie at [email protected]. No other source at this time represents Morrissey.

UPDATE Mar. 6, 7:50AM PT:

alabamy posted some additional info on "Donnie".

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Morrissey currently without management or record deal - statement at tru

Yeh its pencilled in for early next year when the band have told him to caugh!!!!!Its gonna be a one man show with him dressing himself up stupid and singing to backing tracks

So that means no more US dates?:mad::eek::confused:

Re: Article: Morrissey currently without management or record deal - statement at tru

Is Morrissey ever going to do a US tour again???

I'm not sure if this has been pointed out to you yet, but you're a f***ing idiot. Your posts about Morrissey's "wonky eyes", "zoning out" (whatever the f*** that is) and whether he's going to tour in the United States aren't funny.

You fail as a human being, you useless c***. Take necessary steps.

i'm not sure if this has been pointed out to you yet, but you're a f***ing idiot. Your posts about morrissey's "wonky eyes", "zoning out" (whatever the f*** that is) and whether he's going to tour in the united states aren't funny.

You fail as a human being, you useless c***. Take necessary steps.
f*** you your a c*** i hate you you hurt my feelingS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WHO ARE YOU!!!!!

Last edited:

f*** you your a c*** i hate you you heart my feelingS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WHO ARE YOU!!!!!

I really don't heart your feelings - unless, that is, they're feelings of despair and self-hatred.

I support Morrissey before, now, tomorrow and always!! I do hope things get better for him VERY SOON!!! If I had experience as a manager I would try to represent him not matter what. Record companies are simply affraid of him because he doesn't like to be manipulated and he speaks out when needed. Gejo

I support Morrissey before, now, tomorrow and always!!

I don't. I wish he'd fulfill the promise of his youth and kill himself.

wtf are you talking about? Ringleaders was a beautiful album and Refusal is fantastic too. Now if you want to talk about the shoddy re releasing then yes he has lost his way but don't tell me Paris wasn't a great single!

Take Ringleaders and Refusal and nick the best tracks from both and you would just about scrape together a decent listen. Only Morrissey himself and the terminally deluded think either are a career highlight.

I think it's safe to say that Morrissey could easily get signed to a small independent label. He said in Argentina or Chile that he doesn't want that.

The problem is the major labels are down to only about three and they really don't want to deal with him probably for a few reasons such as:

1. He's and old star and they are always looking for something new
2. He has a history of being hard to work with
3. He's not given any indication that he is willing to work in the digital age as the main way of selling records

The other part that we don't know anything about is what he actually wants from a label. He says the small labels cannot promote him properly so clearly that is something he wants. He's been in the business a long time and he knows way to much to end up signing a deal that would screw him over. He might actually be asking for things that are not reasonable and the labels are probably offering something not reasonable (because that is what they do) so you end up with two sides so far apart an agreement cannot be made.

The problem here is that the big labels have all the money and power that determines who gets played on the radio and MTV. Morrissey doesn't appear to want to adapt and play their game.

Part of me sympathizes with that point of view because it's ruining music but it is THEIR money and they are going to invest it the way they want and if you want them to invest in you then you have to agree to their terms.

On a small label he'd be able to have a lot more control but the money wouldn't be there. I don't even think he could spend his own money to promote a record because the big players in the music biz have the connections. They know who to talk to and have established relationships already. To buy into that place would cost an inordinate amount of money for self-promotion.

I really do hope he finds a way to get the new songs to us. I just don't see it happening the way Morrissey envisions it.

It's nothing to do with his age, awkwardness, attitude to digital sales etc. Remember, Morrissey once pleaded with people at a festival to text a number to download his new single.
It's simply about his post-Quarry sales trajectory (400,000 - 200,000 - 88,000), and the fact that his new songs do not suggest any resurgence in his success. A major record company deal would require sales of at least 250,000. There's a risk that the next Morrissey album could struggle to sell 50,000. It really is as simple as that.

I've got a gmail account,whats wrong with gmail?:blushing:

Nothing wrong with a Gmail account Billy, I have one myself. It just gives the impression that Donnie is operating Morrissey's business in the backroom of the Nag's Head or a internet café in Southport or somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom