Morrissey bans Morrissey-solo.com owner davidt from concerts for life

Arse of the world sends the links:

Two separate sources:

Morrissey bans superfan for life - WENN.com via Toronto Sun
Morrissey Slaps Concert Ban On Website Owner - WENN via ContactMusic

Morrissey has taken extraordinary action against the owner of a fan website by banning him for life from the singer's concerts.

The former The Smiths frontman declared war on Morrissey-solo.com after owner David Tseng refused to prevent members from discussing the star's private life or criticizing his career moves.

The singer stepped up his campaign against the forum last month by taking to the stage during a show in England wearing a T-shirt printed with the words: "F**k Morrissey-solo.com".

Tseng was shocked when Morrissey's security guards ejected him from a concert in Copenhagen, Denmark on Monday - and now it's emerged the Suedehead hitmaker has banned Tseng from all of his gigs because of his "poisonous" website.

A spokeswoman for the Morrissey tour tells WENN, "Mr Tseng via his poisonous website has caused so much intentional distress to Morrissey and Morrissey's band over the years that Mr Tseng is not welcome at any Morrissey shows."

Last edited by a moderator:
David Tseng banned legit members (non-trolls) for not complying to his wishes on how to post and what to post. IF you're not part of the 'in' crowd, and they start gunning for you, you may get banned--even for life.

The irony that Tseng got banned for life, by the man this site is about, is not missed.

I assume David Tseng makes some money off this site...why else keep going at this point??

Maybe Tseng once banned Morrissey without even realizing it.

No I'll be in the front row cheering him on, not posting ugly pictures of myself and spewing disgusting crap about thinking he's my soulmate on a site he hates while convincing myself that this act helps him in some way.

Yay!!! You know sometimes the barrier can be a little bitch. Hope you don't get crushed.

David Tseng banned legit members (non-trolls) for not complying to his wishes on how to post and what to post. IF you're not part of the 'in' crowd, and they (the mods and their cool solow friends) start gunning for you, and you may get banned--even for life.

The irony that Tseng got banned for life, by the man this site is about, is not missed.

I assume David Tseng makes some money off this site...why else keep going at this point??

Time to end it David. You've joined the elite few Morrissey hates with a passion. Do you need him to write a song about hating you? that may be a good thing...

Wow, I lost alot of respect for Morrissey today. A fan (David) loves you so much to actually run a site for you for YEARS that people use to get to know other people in the Moz community and you take a big shit on him because of silly anonymous posters. Besides some personal attacks on forum board members (which have always been taken care of ) I really dont remember any hate besides random anonymous posters...and now there's 80% hateful anonymous posters because Morrissey sent them here or he made former Solo users turn....absolutely ridiculous.
MORRISSEY NEEDS TO REALIZE THIS IS WHERE MOST OF HIS FAN BASE GOES TO GET INFO ON ALBUMS, TOURS, ETC.

Depeche609

Tseng can't get rid of anonymous posting, how would Phill Tourbus and top Morrissey impersonator Paul viva morrissey post their bile.

Well, it works both ways, Moz. I hereby ban myself from going to any more of your concerts. I was already on the fence about it considering the diminishing returns in the shows, but you've just made my decision for me. Thank you for the 25 years of treasured memories, but you've completely lost the plot. As a greater man than you, I believe his name was Steven Patrick Morrissey, once said: "Pop senility is appalling to witness".

I think this is going to be a great chapter in the autobiography.

Chapter 38 - The year I turned into a total douche.

Well, you always been a douche, does that mean you can write a book?

I think along with "bored", all the names and pictures of the moderators should be passed along to Morrissey, so those who know, do so.

The fact that you allow Hugh to be attacked here and do nothing about shows what a piece of trash you are and always have been. Know this, I have no idea who Hugh is, but as far as I know he's a PRIVATE citizen and is not subject to the libelous ridicule that you allow to sent his way.

The moderators are just mad because they've know found themselves on the wrong side of fence and it's obvious they were never fans in the first place.

David Tseng banned legit members (non-trolls) for not complying to his wishes on how to post and what to post. IF you're not part of the 'in' crowd, and they start gunning for you, you may get banned--even for life.

Pics or it didn't happen.

The people that are permanently banned deserve it. There are people who were banned and then let back in.

Knowing the way this site works, even the worst trolls ever could probably earn a 2nd chance because davidt wants to give people chances to come back and it is usually the mods who say, "That person should never be allowed back." and he'll calmly say, "Let's give him a chance."

Make baby happy and shut off anonymous posting and send an apology letter.

Depeche609

I'm not one for criticising Morrissey; but this is just daft. Why would Morrissey give a toss what is or isn't said on a fansite, or who runs it, or who is or isn't in the crowd at a gig? I must have missed his pronouncement banning David Cameron (guilty of far more offences) from all Morrissey shows.

I hope David doesn't do anything rash such as close the site down - for many of us it's the only way of finding out what is going on in the world of Morrissey. But I would implore David to take heed of the increasing number 0f members who are calling for anonymous posting to be banned - it is like wading through of torrent of shite everytime I read a thread.

Dave

Yay!!! You know sometimes the barrier can be a little bitch. Hope you don't get crushed.

True to your tendency to fling idle threats like the coward you are I see. (here's a tip, having to point out to people that you're a nice person generally has the opposite effect - it draws attention to how not-nice you really are. If you were genuinely nice people would see it in you). FYI since you've probably never been there the barrier crush is usually terribly fun. But if it gets too tight that's what real-life friends are for, to help you out. Also if you're not a fat cow security can easily life you right out.

Dear Moz,

Morrissey-Solo, as a online forum, is a place where YOUR FANS discuss how they feel. There has never been oversight on what people want to say, nor should there be. Even if David was to regulate the site, he would need a staff of 100 people monitoring every post someone makes and censor anything "potentially poisonous". Withholding all the obvious examples, this is NOT what you stand for. Your entire career has been about individuality, self proclamation and a big middle finger to the irrelevant powers that be. So why this now? What is so bad about fans arguing amongst themselves? For every one critic here, there are 3 other loyalist who rip them to shreds.

Record companies now have 20-year old interns trolling forums and reporting back to the heads-of-state what the buzz is about any given artist. It is not David's fault if record companies are hesitant to sign you because of what they see here. The fault lies with your music not connecting with the 20-year old intern at Cream Puff Records.

David has been nothing buy loyal for over 20 years. Before Morrissey-solo, he produced a fan site called Sing Your Life way before any other artists even had a web presence. Before the internet, it was the fanzine of the same name. With Morrissey-Solo, all David has done is provide the most respected gathering place for your fans to sound off, good or bad. All of what people say here is how they feel...when has that ever bothered you before? You should be embracing this, not rejecting it.

Please don't be the Queen of Hearts,

Arthur

Well, you always been a douche, does that mean you can write a book?

I think along with "bored", all the names and pictures of the moderators should be passed along to Morrissey, so those who know, do so.

The fact that you allow Hugh to be attacked here and do nothing about shows what a piece of trash you are and always have been. Know this, I have no idea who Hugh is, but as far as I know he's a PRIVATE citizen and is not subject to the libelous ridicule that you allow to sent his way.

The moderators are just mad because they've know found themselves on the wrong side of fence and it's obvious they were never fans in the first place.

Go back and read the threads right before Hugh got banned. I went back and forth with him over and over and tried to get him to just follow the rules of the site. He was so angry that he really didn't want to have any part of it. It's all there in the archives. Hugh got himself into his own trouble. Blaming me is like blaming the math teacher for "giving" you an F when you don't know how to do long division.

I met Hugh a long time ago. I like him. He's a nice guy. I think you would be hard pressed to find any moderation by me that matches what you accuse me of but please try.

Feel free to send my picture to Morrissey. I'd love to think that he has time to put me on his personal blacklist.

And finally to answer your question, being a douche is not a right of passage to writing a book. All of us can write a book.

I'd like to thank you for legitimizing my post and this site by posting yourself. Of course, I have legitimized yours as well which means the percentage of legitimate posts in this thread is just going up!

Dear Moz,

Morrissey-Solo, as a online forum, is a place where YOUR FANS discuss how they feel. There has never been oversight on what people want to say, nor should there be. Even if David was to regulate the site, he would need a staff of 100 people monitoring every post someone makes and censor anything "potentially poisonous". Withholding all the obvious examples, this is NOT what you stand for. Your entire career has been about individuality, self proclamation and a big middle finger to the irrelevant powers that be. So why this now? What is so bad about fans arguing amongst themselves? For every one critic here, there are 3 other loyalist who rip them to shreds.

Record companies now have 20-year old interns trolling forums and reporting back to the heads-of-state what the buzz is about any given artist. It is not David's fault if record companies are hesitant to sign you because of what they see here. The fault lies with your music not connecting with the 20-year old intern at Cream Puff Records.

David has been nothing buy loyal for over 20 years. Before Morrissey-solo, he produced a fan site called Sing Your Life way before any other artists even had a web presence. Before the internet, it was the fanzine of the same name. With Morrissey-Solo, all David has done is provide the most respected gathering place for your fans to sound off, good or bad. All of what people say here is how they feel...when has that ever bothered you before? You should be embracing this, not rejecting it.

Please don't be the Queen of Hearts,

Arthur

Well said.

Again, I don't know who "Hugh" really is, but or the likes of people like Robby and other people who have been basically ridiculed here beyond measure, I'd say "Hugh" has won. Pure and simple.

Can you imagine being a potential new fan, scouting around a bit and discovering this site?

Personally, I say kudos to Moz for condemning it (even if the lifetime ban of DT may seem a bit too far).

True to your tendency to fling idle threats like the coward you are I see. (here's a tip, having to point out to people that you're a nice person generally has the opposite effect - it draws attention to how not-nice you really are. If you were genuinely nice people would see it in you). FYI since you've probably never been there the barrier crush is usually terribly fun. But if it gets too tight that's what real-life friends are for, to help you out. Also if you're not a fat cow security can easily life you right out.

:D See you in far off places, Anonymous. :thumb:

Wow, I lost alot of respect for Morrissey today. A fan (David) loves you so much to actually run a site for you for YEARS that people use to get to know other people in the Moz community and you take a big shit on him because of silly anonymous posters. Besides some personal attacks on forum board members (which have always been taken care of ) I really dont remember any hate besides random anonymous posters...and now there's 80% hateful anonymous posters because Morrissey sent them here or he made former Solo users turn....absolutely ridiculous.
MORRISSEY NEEDS TO REALIZE THIS IS WHERE MOST OF HIS FAN BASE GOES TO GET INFO ON ALBUMS, TOURS, ETC.

Depeche609

There's more to it that just anonymous trolls. There's a history of other shit, morrissey's lawyers being involved due to damaging false rumors and personal private matter becoming public. Research it before jumping to conclusions.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom