Morrissey at the Viña del Mar Festival, Chile 2012 (Feb. 24)

An important Chilean newspaper just confirmed today that Morrissey will be the Anglo star of the Viña del Mar Festival, Chile, 2012.

Morrissey cierra con el Festival de Viña y se convierte en la figura anglo del certamen - La Tercera

fv2012_parrillav5.jpg

Ok. The Viña del Mar Festival is the most popular music festival in Chile (And I dare to say of South America). The newspaper here (radio and TV) confirm that Morrissey is the Anglo Star hidden (the surprise). They also say that Moz agreed this week to visit Chile.

He will close the third night of the Festival, around the midnight here, and they ensure that it will be a 15 song setlist.

ALSO, the didn't confirm, but they said that the managers of Moz visit are planning a second presentation in Santiago, Chile Capital, around three or four days later.

The good thing, is that you will be able to see the Morrissey show in Pro-Shot, and in HD. Because the full Festival is broadcasted in High Definition.

What can I said? Here in Chile we are all very, very happy whit this, it's been a long time. In Twitter, for example, the Trending Topic of Chile are: 1- #Morrissey 5- Moz & 10- The Smiths. It's been a Beautiful surprise of him, and we are so very happy!

The most important informative radio frequency here in Chile, Radio Bio Bio, said about Moz visit: "The 52 year old singer ended as one of the most important numbers in the history of the Festival of Viña del Mar."

Using Google Translate, it appears Morrissey will close the third night of the festival, Friday, Feb. 24. Another show in Santiago around the time of the festival but the date has not been set. Please post any additions / corrections in the comments section.

Last edited by a moderator:
Este viejo, es temperamental y extraño, ademas de sufrir constantes depresiones, lo mas probable, es que no venga, pero es muy probable que venga................................... Chao

Can't wait for the show in Santiago!!!! We love you in CHILE!!!!!!!!:)

Morrissey at Vina del Mar?........unusual to say the least. Vina del Mar is a bit cheesy.....almost like a Chilean version of The European Song Contest. From what I read I think some judges give a "Golden Seagull" trophy to the 'best' performer and some other trophies are voted for by the audience.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom