"Morrissey 25: Live" (Official Trailer)

Happy about this. I just wonder how far I'll have to drive to see it.

I'm looking forward to it, it was a spectacular show. He was in a funny mood and the band was tight.

We have all been conditioned.

Imagine if you had never heard of Morrissey and this trailer came on....

FIrst,

all the tats.

Then, there is only one question on one's mind.

"How could one man go through 3 shirts in one song?"

Funny Moz made that comment. He knows me well. I think about how I should be doing dishes instead of burning time at concerts. :lbf:

The throwaway line at the end made me laugh ... I like hearing Morrissey's occasional bursts of ostensible disdain for his audience

I spoke with a "moz-army superfan" at the Pomona show and he said the Hollywood show was absolute shite. So the trailer does not lie, after all. Too bad. Should have filmed the Pomona show instead.

"I spoke with a "moz-army superfan" ?

Ste-Mo has an army as well ? Do they go with him when "he goes where he is needed" along with Zob, Brainiac and Lois Drain ?

Maybe our Moz is not as daft as he has us believe and has been planning a career in the super hero world on the side after bowing out with 25live.

'WAY D GO IT'S STTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE . . . . . . . . . . .MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'

I am the Bad guy maybe ?

Benny the Butcher

Hey Moz, congrats on the video. So you planning to make up the dates you cancelled and the fans you torched during that past tour? Wow! Releasing a DVD on probably the most infamous tour in your 25 solo years. Maybe there will be an extra bonus features section on the DVD where you issue an apology to your fans in embarrassment and shame. But yeah, congrats again.

Pretty much my thoughts in a nutshell.

Its an odd fanbase. My Morrissey chasing days are over. For a good 10 years I was an actively passionate Smiths / Moz fan. I think in the last few years some of his personal opinions have taken the shine of him (I'm no monarchist but his constant whining about Wills and Kate was just plain petulant) and the last time I saw him, a good few years ago, his voice and band just felt like they were going through the numbers. His last couple of albums have had maybe three or four good numbers between them for me but 'has his world changed or have I changed' to paraphase a much finer wordsmith.

I'll always be grateful to Morrissey for the wonderful songs of past and when I see trailers like this on popping here every now and again (used to be daily) but it's pretty much over at this point in terms of renewed interest - and even if a new album came tomorrow, his direction just seems set in a way that alienates me (and I'm not a fan just thinking 'please release an early Smiths or Moz record mark II')

I very much like your intelligent comment. On these platforms people tend to bitch as soon as you are critical in an intelligent way. YES, I do like Morrissey, but he seems to be in deep crisis. On stage there's nothing new or original, even his passion seems to be gone. And his body is revolting, thus, he is sick quite often.

As far as the trailer itself it is only ok. Not bad, but they could have made better use of a minute to draw people in.

I have to agree with a few posters here, who have basically stated that the trailer doesn't make a lot of sense to those unfamiliar with Moz. I re watched it and I see what they mean.

I get that the movie is going to include a bit about the hard core fans but I don't think they needed to include the tattoos, better to show case Morrissey himself. When they show the flashing images of Morrissey in 3 different shirts, it looks like it was filmed on different days(if one didn't know the shirt deal). Also although I loved the line at the end (soooo Morrissey), I wonder how random and perhaps unfunny it may seem to someone outside his fan base.

I don't have a problem with this being created with the fans in mind, but we have to assume they are looking for a wider audience since it is being shown in theaters worldwide.

I'll get myself ready to go to the screening in SF...and then just cancel at the last minute and go see a live show wherein the musical act is live and in person.

Good stuff but don't forget to also post lots of piccies of yourself globe trotting looking healthy with your oirish footy cousin, nutjob comics, old pop stars/filmstars and anyone else you can think of. Oh also don't forget to release stupid childish statements as well that helps (Try to get the line in "Morrissey remains without a record contract" or "Show sold out in record time without any promotion")
Good luck

Benny the Butcher

I very much like your intelligent comment. On these platforms people tend to bitch as soon as you are critical in an intelligent way. YES, I do like Morrissey, but he seems to be in deep crisis. On stage there's nothing new or original, even his passion seems to be gone. And his body is revolting, thus, he is sick quite often.

LOL! "His body is revolting" :lbf:

Yeah, I know what you mean...

I get sick of that kind of thing.

I'm also on board. I have several smiths/mozbaby tattoos myself, but im not gonna wait around (like the desperate <3MOZ knuckles that are shown on the trailer) to display them. Those people are disgusting attention cravers who are only trying to steal some of the spotlight from "El Maestro." They are nowhere near as genuine as Ati Moran from the "M IN MANCHESTER" dvd.
Just my thought.

We live and die with our opinions.

If you were a real fan you wouldn't get angry when Moz has to cancel on you. You would be understanding and concerned. Moz didn't "torch" you. He gave you a refund, did he not? He didn't ask you to make travel plans. Did you have a nice vacation anyway or was it no good without your beloved Moz? :confused:

This reminds me of when I was considering visiting a "friend" to see Moz with, but I had to back out due to the cost. He got all hateful and angry just because I wasn't going to see him. Some "friend." He raged about the extra ticket he paid money for. I said, dude, try and mitigate your loss and if you cannot I will compensate you for the cost of the ticket. So, that's what he did, but what was the stupid rage for? I guess it's because he wanted to sneak around on his wife with someone younger. So, is it just that you want Moz so badly that if he doesn't give himself to you, you get angry?
:crazy:

Avoiding Ordinary Humanoids

Hey Moz, congrats on the video. So you planning to make up the dates you cancelled and the fans you torched during that past tour? Wow! Releasing a DVD on probably the most infamous tour in your 25 solo years. Maybe there will be an extra bonus features section on the DVD where you issue an apology to your fans in embarrassment and shame. But yeah, congrats again.

You get what you pay for in this world !

Looks like he's payed for this with buttons, if there is one thing in life I have learned its that some people are'nt always what they're cracked up to be and our Steven is good example. Absolute bobbins !

Hooky

I was only criticising the video, not Morrissey per se. He is what he's cracked up to be.

I spoke with a "moz-army superfan" at the Pomona show and he said the Hollywood show was absolute shite. So the trailer does not lie, after all. Too bad. Should have filmed the Pomona show instead.

Ummm, has anyone pointed out to you that there was no Pomona show after Hollywood or AT ALL this last tour so all of what you say is a crock of shit? Get a life.

I, too, hope it does well there.
My realistic side, however, feels it will come and go with a whisper.
My general view of things like this has become more cynical with time.
I first noticed the decline in interest of Moz stuff in the UK when all the 'recent' singles were easy to buy in record shops.
That includes semi-naked ltd 7"s!
I asked the manager of HMV (in England's second biggest city) how many units they bought in of Moz singles and was amazed to hear between 5 and 10 - which 'catered for demand'!
I fear that besides die hards and group efforts to fill a cinema, there won't be too much fuss made over this release.
It does feel a bit like an apology for skipped gigs.
The dvd will sell a few thousand, but do little for the greater good.
The leaked Hollywood Bowl seemed a better gig to put out too. At least the QID was an interesting way to open the gig.
Perhaps its a bigger thing going on here? With the negativity that creeps in here at times, anon 'bitching' et al - if the fan base can't get on it's not surprising interest has waned (coupled with the lack of new music helping to catalyse it).
Given I've chased the Smiths about since 14yrs old, hung outside recording studios, chased Moz etc in the way you do when you are captivated by your musical heroes, I can honestly say things just don't feel the same any more.
Is this my age or perhaps just a fair observation of someone no longer at their zenith?
Time will tell. I will go see the film if it gets a UK release and certainly own it, but I just can't find that excitement at the thought of a new release right now (an album? Well now you're talking!).
Kind regards,
FWD
All fine and true words these.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom