Melbourne, Australia - Festival Hall (Oct. 22, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Speedway / Ganglord / How Soon Is Now? / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Istanbul / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Jack The Ripper / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / All You Need Is Me / The Bullfighter Dies / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / It's Hard To Walk Tall When You're Small / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Everyday Is Like Sunday / You're The One For Me, Fatty / You Have Killed Me / Meat Is Murder // What She Said

setlist provided by an anonymous person.

• Morrissey tells concertgoers Trump and Clinton ‘can’t stand the American public’ by Cameron Adams (3 photos by Rob Leeson) - News Corp Australia Network. Link posted by lanterns.

39269_melbourne.jpg
  • Morrissey review: A hair-raising thrill still by Michael Dwyer (3 1/2 stars) - The Sydney Morning Herald. Link posted by Quando Quando Quando.

Last edited:
Hahaha He's having to sign the books to sell them .

Err...you know Morrissey sold signed copies of his book to try and shift that World Peace boxset, right? And had a signing session to promote the release?

Hahaha He's having to sign the books to sell them .Wait until December and check the bargain bin's.View attachment 40747

LOL :laughing: ! Steves book was shite, shite , shite upon shite ! Shite to define him and shite to try and earn a living off it !

" Fame, fame, fatal, fame ! " "All l wanted in life was to be famous !" :tiphat:
Trust me ! He's a total knobhead and Manchester will continue to grow and thrive without him.
( I never thought I would have to say that. :cry: )
I know it's over !

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife::jackolantern:

Setlist looked the same as Singapore yeah, although had Hard to Walk Tall When You're Small ... really prefer the up-tempo version of that track .. doesn't quite work as a ballad. Was hoping for Judy is a Punk too .. alas not.
Definitely the weakest setlist of any show I've seen from him in person. He sounded amazing, in fact I think the sound in general at Festering Hall was the best I've heard it. Jack the Ripper with the fog effect was really cool. Fatty is still always fun. He was in good spirits although wasn't too talkative.

Pretty sure the setlist was

Suedehead/Alma Matters/Speedway/Ganglord/How Soon is Now?/Kiss Me A Lot/I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris/Istanbul/World Peace Is None of Your Business/I Will See Your in Far Off Places/All You Need is Me/The Bullfighter Dies/Ouija Board, Ouija Board/It's Hard to Walk Tall When You're Small/Everyday is like Sunday/The World Is Full of Crashing Bores/You Have Killed Me/Meat is Murder/ Encore / What She Said

Order could be a little mixed in the middle

Here's hoping next time he shakes up the setlist a lot more but he seems to really be sticking to this combination at the moment

Looking at clips from my phone, your setlist is consistent with what I have, except Jack the Ripper was in there and The World is Full of Crashing Bores was before Everyday is Like Sunday. As far as I can tell the order was:

Suedehead/Alma Matters/Speedway/Ganglord/How Soon is Now?/Kiss Me A Lot/I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris/Istanbul/World Peace Is None of Your Business/Jack The Ripper/I Will See Your in Far Off Places/All You Need is Me/The Bullfighter Dies/Ouija Board, Ouija Board/It's Hard to Walk Tall When You're Small/The World Is Full of Crashing Bores/Everyday is like Sunday/You Have Killed Me/Meat is Murder/What She Said (encore)

Well, the more common response would be a friendly wave. I don't usually bless myself when I see a group of people. Do you?

Oh I am sorry than. I never thought of that gesture as blessing ones self. Maybe it is, I don't know.
I thought it was a kind and friendly gesture of saying, thank you, I feel blessed. (By you, people)

I have never been in that situation, but I guess I wouldn't do that.
But Moz has been doing it more than once and I suppose it is just a remnant of his Catholic roots as a child.
I feel it is a quite innocent gesture.

Looking at clips from my phone, your setlist is consistent with what I have, except Jack the Ripper was in there and The World is Full of Crashing Bores was before Everyday is Like Sunday. As far as I can tell the order was:

Suedehead/Alma Matters/Speedway/Ganglord/How Soon is Now?/Kiss Me A Lot/I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris/Istanbul/World Peace Is None of Your Business/Jack The Ripper/I Will See Your in Far Off Places/All You Need is Me/The Bullfighter Dies/Ouija Board, Ouija Board/It's Hard to Walk Tall When You're Small/The World Is Full of Crashing Bores/Everyday is like Sunday/You Have Killed Me/Meat is Murder/What She Said (encore)

Actually, further to my comment above, You're the One for Me Fatty was definitely in there too but I didn't get a clip of that. Not 100% sure where that fits in.

Oh I am sorry than. I never thought of that gesture as blessing ones self. Maybe it is, I don't know.
I thought it was a kind and friendly gesture of saying, thank you, I feel blessed. (By you, people)

But Moz has been doing it more than once and I suppose it is just a remnant of his Catholic roots as a child.

I used to make the sign of a cross all the time but I was a priest until Inspector Jacques Clouseau called me out as being gay. Just need to tell my wife and 3 kids now!

Oh, you are such positive person. You always seem to find something good in everything. I have yet to master that, although, if that never happened, it would not trouble me that much.

Oh, you are such positive person. You always seem to find something good in everything. I have yet to master that, although, if that never happened, it would not trouble me that much.

Thank you, that IS nice!
I wasn't always that positive and I don't have a clue why it changed.
It just did. Forgive me for being very positive again now, but you can't be sure about what happens in the future. So it wouldn't trouble you that much NOW, but the way you say it, it almost looks like a selffulfilling prophecy.

And trying to master something like finding something good in everything is almost doomed to be a failure.
You find what you find. Period.
Nothing there to have regrets about not mastering.
Cheers

Setlist looked the same as Singapore yeah, although had Hard to Walk Tall When You're Small ... really prefer the up-tempo version of that track .. doesn't quite work as a ballad. Was hoping for Judy is a Punk too .. alas not.

Definitely the weakest setlist of any show I've seen from him in person. He sounded amazing, in fact I think the sound in general at Festering Hall was the best I've heard it. Jack the Ripper with the fog effect was really cool. Fatty is still always fun. He was in good spirits although wasn't too talkative.

Pretty sure the setlist was

Suedehead/Alma Matters/Speedway/Ganglord/How Soon is Now?/Kiss Me A Lot/I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris/Istanbul/World Peace Is None of Your Business/I Will See Your in Far Off Places/All You Need is Me/The Bullfighter Dies/Ouija Board, Ouija Board/It's Hard to Walk Tall When You're Small/Everyday is like Sunday/The World Is Full of Crashing Bores/You Have Killed Me/Meat is Murder/ Encore / What She Said

Order could be a little mixed in the middle

Here's hoping next time he shakes up the setlist a lot more but he seems to really be sticking to this combination at the moment

You said Jack The Ripper with fog was cool, but didn't put it on setlist. Did he play it? I'm going to the Boulder, CO show and will be heartbroken if he doesn't play my fave - Derek in Denver

Err...you know Morrissey sold signed copies of his book to try and shift that World Peace boxset, right? And had a signing session to promote the release?

Yes. but don't you think it would be an embarrassment for Johnny Marr to sign his autobio when the name Steven is printed as Stephen? This is an official book publication, in print, not some fan website. By the way, a typo like this is a real big typo.
Do you really think Johnny Marr would be doing this on purpose just to troll Moz? He would shot himself in his own foot cause how can I believe everything that is written in the autobio if a controllable fact like Moz his surname is wrong?
Cheers

LOL :laughing: ! Steves book was shite, shite , shite upon shite ! Shite to define him and shite to try and earn a living off it !

" Fame, fame, fatal, fame ! " "All l wanted in life was to be famous !" :tiphat:
Trust me ! He's a total knobhead and Manchester will continue to grow and thrive without him.
( I never thought I would have to say that. :cry: )
I know it's over !

But Benny, suppose he did not only want to be famous, but righteous and holy too? Wait a minute, ....he did deny that, so there!

Please don't cry, I feel sorry for you.
I can imagine your sorrow, I really do.
Please believe me. :o

I reckon there is only one original John Maher, the second best (to Craig Gannon) guitarist for that old group The Smiths.

I reckon I always thought Austrialililia was close to Manchester because they speak British, but the Crocodile thing always throws me. There are no Crocs in Englund.

How strange ! o_O
#3 above says Steve was "very chatty" yet you post he "wasn't too talkative " doh:

Oh well never mind Set the Boy Free by Johnny Marr is out in November ! WOO HOOOOOO!:tiphat:

Gee, what a mystery for you to solve you f***ing waste of space. Do something constructive with your life rather than hammering the F5 key on a website of an singer you can't stand.

Back
Top Bottom