Maxwell Sterling (Linder's son) soundtracks brutal boulevards on Hollywood Medieval - FACT Magazine

Stranger in LA: Maxwell Sterling soundtracks brutal boulevards on Hollywood Medieval - FACT Magazine
BY STEPH KRETOWICZ, AUG 4 2016

The debut album by Manchester-born musician and James Ferraro collaborator Maxwell Sterling grapples with the split personality and stark inequality of Los Angeles. Steph Kretowicz hears how his fusion of digital and ambient sound captures the glamour, grime and violence of his adopted city.The debut album by Manchester-born musician and James Ferraro collaborator Maxwell Sterling grapples with the split personality and stark inequality of Los Angeles. Steph Kretowicz hears how his fusion of digital and ambient sound captures the glamour, grime and violence of his adopted city.

Excerpt:

The score is part of a durational performance piece by post-punk artist and radical feminist Linder Sterling, who also happens to be his mum.

39083_Maxwell-Sterling-Hollywood-Medieval-3-970x550.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Blood Hell, Does Linder Sterling live in L.A. too? Morrissey's got the entire gang here, but there's no way way Linder could afford the home prices in Malibu. I reckon I recognize this guy from when he would ride his skateboard with Jack and lil' Sammy down the hill to Zuma. Oy mat! I reckon Linder Sterling was a lesbian?? Another gay Morrissey connotation debunked. Get it now?

I'm sorry but what is the point of all this ? Is it really relevant ?
4ck me it's bad enough having to put up with the Numpty Nephew.
For 4cks sake please tell me it's a bad dream ! What next Masonic silly handshakes ? It's not what you know but who you know ?
4cks sake, Betty's window cleaner hangs up his ladders after 23 years service ?

We're not all 4ckin gullible munchkin/botz you know !

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Blood Hell, Does Linder Sterling live in L.A. too? Morrissey's got the entire gang here, but there's no way way Linder could afford the home prices in Malibu. I reckon I recognize this guy from when he would ride his skateboard with Jack and lil' Sammy down the hill to Zuma. Oy mat! I reckon Linder Sterling was a lesbian?? Another gay Morrissey connotation debunked. Get it now?

She's married to Michael Bracewell...

It sounds like an interesting project, at least it is something original. Los Angeles is a beautiful city for the most part. Laurel Canyon is amazing. It is too bad most of the people that can appreciate this type of thing have been run off this site. If you try to have a intellectual conversation or even DARE to admit you like Morrissey's music/ideas you are only met with hostility. I am afraid this site still gets under his skin, which i hope doesn't stop him from doing ANYTHING.

Why is this on the main page as a news item? 'Relative of one of Morrissey's mates releases album' is a bit of a tenuous link, isn't it?

For 4cks sake please tell me it's a bad dream ! What next Masonic silly handshakes ? It's not what you know but who you know ?

rumor swirl the boy is morrissey son. that why.

The kid has some talent and a brain . He do doesnt look like Gary Barlow. He's miles better than Sam Etsy parasite.

The kid has some talent and a brain . He do doesnt look like Gary Barlow. He's miles better than Sam Etsy parasite.

We all know Sam did some photoshopping which people on this site could do better, but please can you give him some credit for being loyal
to his Uncle

Loyalty is what my friends got to have, or ask for, everthing personal stays with me...so that's why I find getting trolling on Sam a bit tiresome, can we move on, the US leg is coming..

Years back there were posts on here about it being "common knowledge" in Manchester that Morrissey had a child, and that the court transcripts contained mention of this (later debunked?)

As a fan who's always taken Morrissey's lyrics more literally than metaphorically, I thought "Don't Make Fun of Daddy's Voice" was a touching/humorous/vulgar father-to-son missive.

Having said that, this guy doesn't look like either Moz or Linder, with their similarly strong Irish looks.

rumor swirl the boy is morrissey son. that why.

In an interview with ID, Linder was asked about Maxwell, and this is what she had to say:

And what was it like working with your son on your soundtrack?

I've worked with my son Maxwell many times. He grew up listening to my record collection and I in turn listened to his, so we have shared reference points and an immediate shorthand when trying to explain ideas to each other. I like the idea of keeping everything in the family, even if that family is predominantly an adopted one of those that have crossed my path and left an indelible imprint in some way. Max's five hour score for Destination Moon. You must not look at her! will only be partially heard by the audience, there are parallel soundtracks heard by the dancers in ear phones, this means that the dancers will sometimes appear deliberately out of step as they dance. The score is equal parts dissonance and consonance, rhythmic and rubato, played out by choirs, violins, cellos, two drummers, two pianos, a percussionist and musicians from the Raj Academy. It's an imagined soundtrack from 1956 to 2026.

https://i-d.vice.com/en_gb/article/step-into-linder-sterlings-mad-and-magical-fairytale

rumourhasitthatnobodygivesaf@ckaboutyourfriend'soffspring(oryourrelativesorboyfriends) but shhhh...

-I do care about honestly sexay vegan employees.
Hi Jesse!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom