Manchester V Cancer 2008 - More Bands Added + Extra Tickets Released

Jukebox Jury

Retired
It was announced today that Athlete and The View are added to the bill along with

Inspiral Carpets, Happy Mondays, Fun Loving Criminals, The Fratellis and Freebass.

More standing tickets went on sale today as well, but be quick!

Jukebox Jury

the official site does not list the new annoncements? is there a source for this disapointing news.
athlete...the view? more cheap SHIT bands for higher ticket prices. also freebass are not playing.

Last edited:
thanks. i know its sad to say but those two along with fun lovin criminals are gonna spoil the night for me. looking at last years...and well the first year. both piss on the line up this year. are u going jukebox jury?

thanks. i know its sad to say but those two along with fun lovin criminals are gonna spoil the night for me. looking at last years...and well the first year. both piss on the line up this year. are u going jukebox jury?

I shall be there, even more up for it this year, my Dad passed away in December with lung cancer, so will be thinking of him:tears:

Jukebox Jury

sorry to hear that Jukebox J. it must be tough being you at this moment in time.
first years ticket price was (as i remember) £35.00 then last year was somert like £37.00. here's hoping they get more good bands such as the verve, James, northside, primal scream, babyshambles (i wish lol) or even the coral would be great

The Enemy are joining the line up :)

(whats with the Harvey Nicks dinner thing.........ummm)

line-up so far: (im gonna wait till they confirm all bands next year before blowing £40 on this...they better get morrissey playing or this will be the worst v cancer ever lol)
The Fratellis,
The Happy Mondays,
Athlete,
The Fun Lovin Criminals,
The View,
The Inpiral Carpets
The Farm
The Enemy

line-up so far: (im gonna wait till they confirm all bands next year before blowing £40 on this...they better get morrissey playing or this will be the worst v cancer ever lol)
The Fratellis,
The Happy Mondays,
Athlete,
The Fun Lovin Criminals,
The View,
The Inpiral Carpets
The Farm
The Enemy

The FARM:confused:
When was that announced? Saw them on that Scouse Fest thing the other week, Euro City of Culchure thingy..... looked like only the singer was from the original line up, the rest looked about 22. Though if Pete Wylie is on there I'll let them off.

If you are looking to off load your tickets, let me know, I have a few friends after standing tickets. Only top tier left now.

Jukebox Jury

full line up
The Enemy, The Fratellis, The Happy Mondays, Fun Lovin Criminals, Athlete, The View, The Inspiral Carpets and The Farm

that sucks...i hope that isnt the running order either. enemy headline? the only thing they headline is NME kiss ass band.

full line up
The Enemy, The Fratellis, The Happy Mondays, Fun Lovin Criminals, Athlete, The View, The Inspiral Carpets and The Farm

that sucks...i hope that isnt the running order either. enemy headline? the only thing they headline is NME kiss ass band.

This would be my running order: (from first to last)
The View
Athlete
The Fratelis
The Farm
The Enemy
Inspiral Carpets
FLC
Happy Mondays

Jukebox Jury

yep but truth be told it is not that Jukebox. got an email from carpets myspace. they are playing at 7.00 and get this they are only doin 20 MINUTE SET!!! check out there myspace for more details.
i would do :-
The View
Athlete
The Enemy
The Farm
The Fratelis
FLC
Inspiral Carpets
Happy Mondays

shame its not gonna turn out that way. i heard 808 state are on the turntables though so some good intermission music

yep but truth be told it is not that Jukebox. got an email from carpets myspace. they are playing at 7.00 and get this they are only doin 20 MINUTE SET!!! check out there myspace for more details.
i would do :-
The View
Athlete
The Enemy
The Farm
The Fratelis
FLC
Inspiral Carpets
Happy Mondays

shame its not gonna turn out that way. i heard 808 state are on the turntables though so some good intermission music

BLOODY HELL.......
Same thing happend last year to me.
The first year, it was Bez and Domino Bones and a few other bands on for the first hour before it really got under way.
So last year, I thought I'd miss the first hour and was in the pub when I got a text at 7.50pm saying 'ECHO & THE BUNNYMEN JUST COME ON STAGE'.
I legged it like mad, missed their first three songs and saw the last three. Was gutted! This year i wont be caught out... It's starting earlier this year too.

I'll be wearing my 'Cool As f***' T-shirt on the night:cool:

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
BLOODY HELL.......
Same thing happend last year to me.
The first year, it was Bez and Domino Bones and a few other bands on for the first hour before it really got under way.
So last year, I thought I'd miss the first hour and was in the pub when I got a text at 7.50pm saying 'ECHO & THE BUNNYMEN JUST COME ON STAGE'.
I legged it like mad, missed their first three songs and saw the last three. Was gutted! This year i wont be caught out... It's starting earlier this year too.

I'll be wearing my 'Cool As f***' T-shirt on the night:cool:

Jukebox Jury

Where's yer stamina - you should be in at the start (some of us last the 5 hours on heels so that we can see!).

Bunnymen were immense there last year and should have been much later on the bill.

(and yes I've remember that I owe you at least one pint)

Back
Top Bottom