Manchester, UK - Manchester Arena (Aug. 20, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / All You Need Is Me / You Have Killed Me / Ganglord / Speedway / Istanbul / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Bullfighter Dies / Meat Is Murder / It's Hard To Walk Tall When You're Small / Jack The Ripper / One Of Our Own / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / What She Said / Oboe Concerto // Irish Blood, English Heart

setlist provided by Sarcasmos, corrections by BennyandBrummiearec*nts.

Last edited:
I was on the very edge of the the lower tier and my vision of the stage was such that I could not see the screen behind Morrissey and had a very tall speaker system that hindered my view of him, so the screens were vital. To my left were sections of seats covered in black material. Anyone sitting here would have seen some of the band and that would have been all. They definitely had to be cordoned off.

Complete sections covered in BLACK MATERIAL aka the black curtain flattened out over the seats.
more truth to add.

the truth comes out
dublin black curtain treatment straight position
glasgow black curtain treatment straight position
manchester black curtain treatment flat position

Dublin was far from sold out, captain.

Manchester was packed despite what the two retards, benny and bummy say.
That's not my recollection, but then I had been in temple bar for a few hours before the gig, I do remember getting off the tram at the 3 arena and there was plenty of fans/ touts looking for tickets but none selling any

maybe all of you mozbots are provisionally blind. look at the very top tier, basically empty. look at the entire sections NEXT to the stage. EMPTY. accept it.

What top tier? It's full up to the VIP boxes and above them where it then stops being seated isn't it? Or am I missing a tier? And we've already said you would not get a decent view from those areas that were cordoned off. It's so odd this place, you'd expect a Morrissey forum to be full of actual fans......

Last edited:
Sorry that doesn't make sense^^ ! What I'm asking is where the second tier ends, is there a third above that?

What top tier? It's full up to the VIP boxes where it then stops being seated isn't it? Or am I missing a tier? And we've already said you would not get a decent view from those areas that were cordoned off. It's so odd this place, you'd expect a Morrissey forum to be full of actual fans......

It's not about attacking morrissey it's about attacking you and other attendees fans. Its harassment aimed at posters here and really has nothing much to do with morrissey himself or there thoughts on him. It's fun for them to harass people by being argumentative and insincere

yes of course there is.
its the mozbots who have let the cat slowly but surely out of his box. we have just put together the details. it was 'packed to the rafters' bot that inadvertently let slip about the cordoned areas and flat curtain covered sections. otherwise we wouldnt know it. its a dead giveaway when you pan the audience with your iphone and suddenly woosh through. slow pan and the suddenly full speed thru the empty areas.

I don't post here often, been a member for 10 years and posted very little so I have no agenda here at all. I just remember looking around and thinking wow it's an amazing turnout, because I'd read here beforehand that it hadn't sold well. I didn't see any empty areas other than the bits at the side of the stage that would have had an obscured view.

It's not about attacking morrissey it's about attacking you and other attendees fans. Its harassment aimed at posters here and really has nothing much to do with morrissey himself or there thoughts on him. It's fun for them to harass people by being argumentative and insincere
Correct, and it's harassment condoned and encouraged by this site, hateful online creche indeed

if you feel harassed by talk of cordoned off/flat curtained off areas, why did you all bring it up in the first place?
nobody would have known without your comments and videos. very bizarre.

Complete sections covered in BLACK MATERIAL aka the black curtain flattened out over the seats.
more truth to add.

Nonsense! Those areas were never available, you wouldn't see the front of the stage from that angle. Accept it, the gig was a huge success.

Nonsense! Those areas were never available, you wouldn't see the front of the stage from that angle. Accept it, the gig was a huge success.

Agreed 100%; any arena show does not open sections that are behind the stage/

How anyone can look at those pictures and reviews and then not realize it was a success is idiotic.

Gig was a big time success!

I don't post here often, been a member for 10 years and posted very little so I have no agenda here at all. I just remember looking around and thinking wow it's an amazing turnout, because I'd read here beforehand that it hadn't sold well. I didn't see any empty areas other than the bits at the side of the stage that would have had an obscured view.

That's cool. It just depends on what you want from the site. I don't like these types of trolls but don't see them as very harmful either in the big picture. They're annoying but not like some of the hateful aggressive ones full of threats and nastiness but hey it's not my site so theres not much I can do about it. I would say don't bother with them once identified as you can't convince someone who is debating insincerely. Accepting logic isn't there goal, annoying and frustrating you is. As to it being supported by the site, the discord sowing and tolling by possible mods etc, I would believe it personally but it's wasted effort to try and prove anything

Of course those areas were never available, there was no demand from the get go. You guys have to learn to deal with non sell outs. Most of the Moz 'sell out' shows are not really sell outs, that another thing you all have to find a way to cope with.

The funny thing is yesterday nobody had learned about the curtained areas, the more you like to pretend it was 'full up to the rafters' the more info you yourselves provide contradicting the fact.

It was packed out. The only material over seats were out of the line of view, so the demarcated the assigned auditorium. Standard procedure in an arena that can also host sporting events in the middle.

It was packed out. The only material over seats were out of the line of view, so the demarcated the assigned auditorium. Standard procedure in an arena that can also host sporting events in the middle.

well, that clears everything up.:confused::ahhh:

For anyone that's interested, here are some official sales figures* from a few of Moz's most recent UK and Ireland dates direct from the Pollstar Pro (tour industry) database.
I have connections. ;)

Manchester 2016 is not listed in there yet as Moz's tour management haven't updated their info yet.

3/21/2015
Glasgow, SSE Hydro
6961 tickets sold/7407 tickets allocated = 94 %

3/20/2015
Leeds, First Direct Arena
8851 tickets sold/10216 tickets allocated= 87 %

12/1/2014
Dublin, Ireland
3Arena
6087 tickets sold/8264 tickets allocated= 74 %

11/29/2014
London, O2 Arena
16409 tickets sold/17831 tickets allocated =92%

7/28/2012
Manchester Arena
12,468 tickets sold/14412 allocated= 87%

5/22/2004
Manchester Arena
14342 tickets sold/14620 allocated = 98%

In short, he's doing pretty well. :thumb:

*These figures don't include comped tickets

thats a less than impressive number of tix sold. next time around theyll 'allocate' 1o ooo tix for manchester and call it packed to the rafters if he sells 9000. ouch on dublin, only 6000 sold.

Back
Top Bottom