Manchester Date Added, Manchester Arena, Saturday 28 July - TTY Update

I was waiting for the first person to raise that speculation.
It's a possibility, the final chapter in his autobiography etc. I think it unlikely, there are no particular signs, but until he announces a date beyond July we can't really argue

I don't really understand this view at all. Morrissey has been touring and/or releasing albums almost every year since the 2004. We know he has demo'd an album's worth of songs (and previewed 5 of them live). Why on earth might the announcement of a concert in Manchester (at a venue he's played before), following on from a string of other European (and worldwide) dates mean this is the end of his career?
Also, as I think others have mentioned, it's extremely unlikely that this genuinely is the only UK date of the year. He said the same thing early last year on announcing the first few Scottish shows, before adding tons more dates.

Last edited:
I reckon this may actually be the only UK date this year, it's a big venue and a lil bit o' hype surrounding it would likely look more attractive to record companies.

hope Morrissey takes official prescripted meds and virus injections for his Asian tour, it would spoil the the rest of the years gigs...hope
Boz stay of the chicken and meat there, he could loos 30 pounds of weight with a stomach virus, well, just wanna type there are some shows before Morrissey is in the USA and back to europe and the UK

Is it only me who is not really that bothered? I saw pretty much this exact touring set in Bradford last year and not a lot has changed. I have been to every single UK tour since Moz went solo, never saw the smiths as I was too young, but for some reason this announcement didnt excite me. It barely registered with me to be honest. I never thought I would feel this way.

Moz wearing a shirt depicting American Football.. never saw that coming.

Not sure what team that is.. but it's not an NFL team. Maybe a college team.

I don't really understand this view at all. Morrissey has been touring and/or releasing albums almost every year since the 2004. We know he has demo'd an album's worth of songs (and previewed 5 of them live). Why on earth might the announcement of a one-off concert in Manchester (at a venue he's played before) mean this is the end of his career?
Also, as I think others have mentioned, it's extremely unlikely that this genuinely is the only UK date of the year. He said the same thing early last year on announcing the first few Scottish shows, before adding tons more dates.

This IS the only UK date of the year

Is it only me who is not really that bothered? I saw pretty much this exact touring set in Bradford last year and not a lot has changed. I have been to every single UK tour since Moz went solo, never saw the smiths as I was too young, but for some reason this announcement didnt excite me. It barely registered with me to be honest. I never thought I would feel this way.

Kinda feel the same way. If he had a brilliant new album out, and it was the first chance to hear new songs live, I'd consider going.
Having said that, if he plays London I'll definitely go, and if it's anything like last summer's shows, it'd be a great night...

Do you think it will sell out in only 5 minutes?

Nope - fairly certain it won't but if it does it'll be a false demand caused by the touts (who will then struggle to get face value within a week).
If it genuinely is the only UK date, it should sell out easily enough eventually (but just not all that quickly).
When he played there in 2004 it sold out pretty quickly but it was the only European date at the time, so people came from across the continent (only for more dates to be announced soon after).

This IS the only UK date of the year

I'm sure it might well be (but I hope it isn't).
The trouble is that Morrissey 'cried wolf' on this subject last year when he announced that the initial 2011 dates would be the only ones in the UK all year.
That tour was extended, an extra mini-tour was announced, and he ended up also playing Glastonbury and Hop Farm festivals.

I don't believe it! Two days after I go to the villa half way across the world... Please God let him do another tour :(

That gig poster, first draft...

90d5qv.jpg

P.

Seeing Morrissey in Manchester is on my bucket list. Completely missed The Smiths, and previous Morrissey shows due to dreadful life choices. Better late than never.

I've been checking out the Man. Arena sitting plan - does anyone have an idea what stage plan will be used? Any recommendations on ideal seating for the concert?

I presume it will be the same as last time he played there, so end stage arrangement as per this seating plan -
http://ripassetseu.s3.amazonaws.com...1118079979_P_27_39_seatingplanscontent_se.gif

If you want to sit, rather than stand in the central floor area, I would just advise to be reasonably close to the stage, as it's a big place

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom