Maladjusted releases on vinyl - why so rare?

Abrahan

...with an N.
Subscriber
other than the Mercury/Island Records deal going sour...

any idea why the Maladjusted releases on vinyl are so rare and expensive?

Maladjusted
Alma Matters
Roy's Keen
Satan Rejected My Soul

Just a guess but I think that the mid-90's was kind of the low point for vinyl sales/popularity in general so perhaps there were much less copies pressed than early 90's or 2000's records. I've noticed that a lot of vinyl from the mid-90's for lots of indie rock type bands are worth a lot these days. Newer releases don't seem so hard to find or valuable although since they are more recent, maybe it's just a matter of time. But it seems like 1994-1999 or so, people thought vinyl was just about dead, but it's gotten popular again so I'm sure more copies have been pressed of vinyl in the 2000's. Just something I've seemed to notice.

Maladjusted
Alma Matters
Roy's Keen
Satan Rejected My Soul

I remember going to my local Virgin to buy all those on the day of release. I used to buy one of each format and pack them away. They have still never been played !!

I just wish I had had the foresight to buy a few copies of each ....

Cheers,

Del.

Maladjusted
Alma Matters
Roy's Keen
Satan Rejected My Soul

Vinyl was a dwindling market in '97, having shriveled progressively from the '80s. Also, this album was not particularly popular, subsequently neither were the singles. Moz was getting to a low point in his own popularity at this time. He didn't caplitalize on the success of Vauhaxll & I by touring, then released the divisive Southpaw Grammar which he didn't tour the US for, either.

So kinda the perfect storm was made.

When these records were released they just sat in stores. Alma Matters was everywhere, as was Maladjusted on vinyl.

The 2 latter singles for Maladjusted namely Roy's Keen
Satan Rejected My Soul are the rare ones as they were pressed in smaller quantity esp the 12 inch due to the flop LP and Alma Matters. I agree with Beau that Maladjusted was everywhere. Even I didn't buy it and this was despite me being a big fan !

Maladjusted
Alma Matters
Roy's Keen
Satan Rejected My Soul

My buddy used to work for Mercury...I was given 5 copies of Mal, still sealed...I dont know wtf happened to them. I also got 2 copies of the Mal w/the bonus tracks, 2 promo cd's, etc...I cant for the life of me, figure out what happened to them. I think my ex gf had them, and probably tossed them, Bitch!!!

My buddy used to work for Mercury...I was given 5 copies of Mal, still sealed...I dont know wtf happened to them. I also got 2 copies of the Mal w/the bonus tracks, 2 promo cd's, etc...I cant for the life of me, figure out what happened to them. I think my ex gf had them, and probably tossed them, Bitch!!!

You sold them. I bought one of the promo cd's off you.

How much is a sealed US edition worth?
I found a sealed Maladjusted for $12.00 from a French dealer about 3 weeks ago.

Amazing, did the dealer have another one, as I am looking for just that?
That was the only one he had. I got lucky.:)

Back
Top Bottom