Los Angeles, CA - Shrine Auditorium (Nov. 26, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

I Want The One I Can't Have / You're The One For Me, Fatty / You Have Killed Me / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Black Cloud / Maladjusted / Alma Matters / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Meat Is Murder / Satellite Of Love / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Action Is My Middle Name / All The Lazy Dykes / People Are The Same Everywhere / I Know It's Over / Speedway // Still Ill

set list provided by robertboyracer

Last edited:
Let me just say this: the people in the pit are so f***ing awesome! Well, at least the section I was in. It was like family in there. All nice at the beginning; people making sure people have enough room and are respectful of dudes in there protecting their girls. Then, little by little, people inch closer to the stage and short term memory kicks in and it gets tight and plans are being made. Still Ill kicks in and I watch this white dude in a blue and black plaid shirt helping like 4 or 5 people up on stage. I think he did some PCP or something because he was throwing them up there like nothing. Then I see the same people he helped up come back and return the favor to him TWICE. What a great Morrissey family we have. Overall great show and great experience. Carry the spirit to Pomona! I am so gay.

My thoughts:

- Escondido was the better of the 2 shows I attended.
- I am grateful to see Moz as much as I can, I will go every chance, but this show seemed so mechanical
- I thought, OK biggest crowd on this tour so far, maybe we will be in for a surpise, didn't happen, cut one song short it seemed
- Does he play to many nights in a row, to close together? I'm thinking yes
- I don't want to be critical, but I walked away feeling empty
- Maybe a different set list would help, but who am I to say

The man can do as he pleases, he's 52 and a living legen, I'm honored he still tours.

Let's hope for a second leg of the tour after Mexico, I'll always be true to you~

morrissey looked annoyed almost the entire show. i heard some idiot heckling jesse tobias. probly why mozza cut the set short a song.

morrissey looked annoyed almost the entire show. i heard some idiot heckling jesse tobias. probly why mozza cut the set short a song.

He was just annoyed because he couldn't be alone with me, so he cut the show short and then cut my pants off.

My thoughts:

- I am grateful to see Moz as much as I can, I will go every chance, but this show seemed so mechanical
- I thought, OK biggest crowd on this tour so far, maybe we will be in for a surpise, didn't happen, cut one song short it seemed
- Does he play to many nights in a row, to close together? I'm thinking yes
- I don't want to be critical, but I walked away feeling empty

This.

Disappointed that the concert ended early at the Shrine. An hour into the concert, Morrissey started playing the best of his music and the crowd not only went wild, they got rowdy. The security guards weren't able to handle the people in the aisles. At the exact same time, the stage was bombarded with back to back fans jumping on stage. They were shorthanded with security and they just didn't seem to handle the fans correctly. There was a lot of pushing in the aisles and my poor sister had to push fans out of our row.

It was our first time at The Shrine. It was awful! The traffic, the lack of parking, the lines to the bathroom, the lines for drinks, etc. The only thing that made up for it were the pit tickets. Very nice.

It was a good be show, was a bit short. He looked and sounded good. Better than I expected... The girl who opened the show, a little annoying. Her "music/songs" all sounded the same. Could have done without her...

Meat is Murder really brought the mood down, I remember they played it in Santa Barbara a few years back and it wasn't that much of a pace killer. Must be the video of Meet Your Meat. The next five songs were hard to get into.

Traffic control was abysmal...either the concert promoters or the city should have planned better knowing there was a game going on at the same time, I had to deal with drunken football idiots stumbling around in the streets...only saw a couple traffic cops, many more were needed! Morrissey's voice was in great form, he seemed so self-deprecating, is he always like this? Loved his setlist, although I know most of the crowd were displeased (from what I heard in the crowd as I was leaving). Too bad people...he's an artist, deal with it! Great show, I had a great time!

I told myself I wouldn't complain, because I've read all the negative comments on this site over the last year and it's disgusted me, but here I am complaining. Sorry in advance. I went in very open-minded, knowing it would be a short set and knowing that Morrissey wouldn't be playing many of the hits or many of my favorites, but I must say, I'm majorly bummed we didn't get First Of The Gang To Die. He seemed to play it everywhere else on this tour and it was the one song I was looking forward to hearing that I was "certain" he was going to play. I think if he would have played that, I would have left feeling fulfilled and all my other little gripes would be forgotten. But, without it, everything has become illuminated. I guess I just feel a little empty, as someone else said. It's a lot of money to spend, more than a lot of concerts charge, and we only got 17 songs. Even though I'm a huge fan, I'd only seen Morrissey in concert once before, nearly a decade ago, and I'm not sure I'll be able to see him again (the cost and his infrequency touring), so I'm really bummed. He has so many songs, loads of songs, and most of them are brilliant, which is why it baffles me that he would pull out Maladjusted and All The Lazy Dykes and throw in a cover (Satellite of Love) all in the same concert. I get that it's not a "hits" tour, and I'm fine with that (I like a lot of his recent stuff), but not to play a single one of (what I would consider) his most famous hits (Suedehead, More You Ignore Me, Everyday Is Like Sunday, Last of The Famous., etc) in a 17 SONG CONCERT at the amount of money we paid, is pretty ridiculous. I was prepared for that, though. I wasn't prepared to not get FOTGTD, or even Irish Blood English Heart. Heck, I'd have been ecstatic for Come Back to Camden, even. Most songs, really could have replaced those three and it would have been perfect for me. I really think that not getting FOTGTD, though, is what's bumming me the most. And, while I'm complaining (sorry), for those of you who got on stage during Still Ill: While it must be great for you to hug or touch Morrissey, and a part of me was happy for you every time, it also ruins the song. It's quite distracting for an audience to be trying to enjoy a classic song (the last of the night and one of only a few "hits" played) and see fans and security guards scrambling all over the stage. AND Morrissey couldn't even get half the words out cause his hands and mic were captured in a bear hug. So, while I'm sure it was personally rewarding for you all, it came across as very selfish to me and took a lot of the wind out of what should have been a great closing number. Alright, last thing I'll bitch about before I mention what I loved: The sound for the first three songs seemed off. Did it to anybody else? The wall of guitar noise was drowning Morrissey out to the point that I could barely make out the lyrics. Luckily, I know them by heart, but it sure made that great trio of songs (IWTOICH, Fatty, Killed Me) hard to fully enjoy. Sorry, again, for all the bitching. I'm really an enjoyable guy who loves Morrissey and hates all the negativity on this site, but I can't help feeling the way I feel tonight. Anyhoo, here's what I LOVED:
  • The first three songs were a great way to start the concert (just wish they came across more clearly and weren't wasted with the poor sound).
  • I Know It's Over was the clear highlight of the night. Only song I teared up to. So beautiful. Could hear Morrissey's voice/lyrics well for a change, too. The audience was really into it as well.
  • Was surprised by how much fun Action Is My Middle Name was!
  • Ouija Board, Ouija Board came across very well.
  • Speedway was the best semi-surprise of the night. Sounded great and I wasn't expecting to hear it. Solidified itself as one of Morrissey's best, imo. Love that chainsaw!
  • Alma Matters, although not a surprise, and already quite popular, sounded every bit a "hit" in the middle of the set. Morrissey actually looked and sounded pretty good to me, too. I have no complaints with him for that. :)

Anonymous... im so sad i was there had my tickets and im not familiar to the area husband n i drove around for 2 hours looking for parking before giving up and heading all the way back to the IE I wanted to see this show soooo bad and cant afford to purchase more tickets for Pomona :( what was to have been a great memorable day ended up with me here in bed crying myself to sleep :(

I hope everyone who did make it had a great time!

Anonymous... im so sad i was there had my tickets and im not familiar to the area husband n i drove around for 2 hours looking for parking before giving up and heading all the way back to the IE I wanted to see this show soooo bad and cant afford to purchase more tickets for Pomona :( what was to have been a great memorable day ended up with me here in bed crying myself to sleep :(

I hope everyone who did make it had a great time!

Really sorry to hear this. I wondered if this might happen to anyone. Traffic was horrible with the USC/UCLA football game going on. I left insanely early and it still took me twice as long to get there and find parking.

Hopefully, a chance will come up soon where you'll be able to see him under better circumstances.

I told myself I wouldn't complain, because I've read all the negative comments on this site over the last year and it's disgusted me, but here I am complaining. Sorry in advance. I went in very open-minded, knowing it would be a short set and knowing that Morrissey wouldn't be playing many of the hits or many of my favorites, but I must say, I'm majorly bummed we didn't get First Of The Gang To Die. He seemed to play it everywhere else on this tour and it was the one song I was looking forward to hearing that I was "certain" he was going to play. I think if he would have played that, I would have left feeling fulfilled and all my other little gripes would be forgotten. But, without it, everything has become illuminated. I guess I just feel a little empty, as someone else said. It's a lot of money to spend, more than a lot of concerts charge, and we only got 17 songs. Even though I'm a huge fan, I'd only seen Morrissey in concert once before, nearly a decade ago, and I'm not sure I'll be able to see him again (the cost and his infrequency touring), so I'm really bummed. He has so many songs, loads of songs, and most of them are brilliant, which is why it baffles me that he would pull out Maladjusted and All The Lazy Dykes and throw in a cover (Satellite of Love) all in the same concert. I get that it's not a "hits" tour, and I'm fine with that (I like a lot of his recent stuff), but not to play a single one of (what I would consider) his most famous hits (Suedehead, More You Ignore Me, Everyday Is Like Sunday, Last of The Famous., etc) in a 17 SONG CONCERT at the amount of money we paid, is pretty ridiculous. I was prepared for that, though. I wasn't prepared to not get FOTGTD, or even Irish Blood English Heart. Heck, I'd have been ecstatic for Come Back to Camden, even. Most songs, really could have replaced those three and it would have been perfect for me. I really think that not getting FOTGTD, though, is what's bumming me the most. And, while I'm complaining (sorry), for those of you who got on stage during Still Ill: While it must be great for you to hug or touch Morrissey, and a part of me was happy for you every time, it also ruins the song. It's quite distracting for an audience to be trying to enjoy a classic song (the last of the night and one of only a few "hits" played) and see fans and security guards scrambling all over the stage. AND Morrissey couldn't even get half the words out cause his hands and mic were captured in a bear hug. So, while I'm sure it was personally rewarding for you all, it came across as very selfish to me and took a lot of the wind out of what should have been a great closing number. Alright, last thing I'll bitch about before I mention what I loved: The sound for the first three songs seemed off. Did it to anybody else? The wall of guitar noise was drowning Morrissey out to the point that I could barely make out the lyrics. Luckily, I know them by heart, but it sure made that great trio of songs (IWTOICH, Fatty, Killed Me) hard to fully enjoy. Sorry, again, for all the bitching. I'm really an enjoyable guy who loves Morrissey and hates all the negativity on this site, but I can't help feeling the way I feel tonight. Anyhoo, here's what I LOVED:
  • The first three songs were a great way to start the concert (just wish they came across more clearly and weren't wasted with the poor sound).
  • I Know It's Over was the clear highlight of the night. Only song I teared up to. So beautiful. Could hear Morrissey's voice/lyrics well for a change, too. The audience was really into it as well.
  • Was surprised by how much fun Action Is My Middle Name was!
  • Ouija Board, Ouija Board came across very well.
  • Speedway was the best semi-surprise of the night. Sounded great and I wasn't expecting to hear it. Solidified itself as one of Morrissey's best, imo. Love that chainsaw!
  • Alma Matters, although not a surprise, and already quite popular, sounded every bit a "hit" in the middle of the set. Morrissey actually looked and sounded pretty good to me, too. I have no complaints with him for that. :)

I totally feel you. I drove from Sacramento, scored great seats, and just feel a bit ...cheated. It seemed very apparent that Moz just wasn't that into it and couldn't wait to get out of there. I think his refusal to strip tonight says it all right there! He's punishing us!

Regarding the traffic, I was given a heads up via email from goldenvoice/ticketmaster several days ago regarding the sporting events and heavy traffic warning. Did you buy your tickets a different way? Sorry to hear about your experience.

I totally feel you. I drove from Sacramento, scored great seats, and just feel a bit ...cheated. It seemed very apparent that Moz just wasn't that into it and couldn't wait to get out of there. I think his refusal to strip tonight says it all right there! He's punishing us!

Well, now that I've vented, I am feeling a little better about it all. Bummed to not get some of the better songs he's been playing regularly, but I Know It's Over and Speedway (and a few others) are pretty damn good and I'd rather have them than nothing at all. If I focus on the positive that was great, I think I can block out the rest of it. :)

The reason is because you guys are jerks. Not you, personally, but this crowd that came along in 2000's has really been the bad bunch. Pretty much everyone before that were pretty kind to each other, barring a few thugs from the Socal area and some hooligan types in the UK. You guys think Morrissey is kidding? How many times does it need to be said, HE DOES NOT LIKE THIS website or what the administrator and the moderators have done over the years. Morrissey is deadly serious and he's not putting up with crap like yelling at Tobias and all the hateful words that are said, mostly here on this website. Stop being jerks and you'll get a better show. And if you're not the one being the jerk, then it's your duty to keep the jerks in line.

It's like a Code Red in the Marines, if a soldier fails, it's our responsibility to keep her in line (i.e. a punch in the face).

Stop kissing Mozs ass guys 17-18 songs is a short show, most bands play around a 2 hour set or 25 songs if they have the catalogue that Morrissey does.. . .

-dagenham dave

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom