Leeds pre gig meet up

Discussion in 'Tour archive (read-only)' started by northernleech, Oct 28, 2009.

1. northernleech

northernleech Member

just bought ticket at last minute (thanks ali) and am comin down from newcastle on my own (aaaah) and wondering if anyone is meeting up beforehand - the walkabout bar is nearby i hear (just up the street i believe) and seems the easy choice ! think i will be there by 7 at latest (imagine you will all be on the barrier by then) but i will have a pint there beforehand .. so if you care to join me ..or if another venue has already been agreed let me know ! :thumb:

2. Rusholme Ruffian 90

Rusholme Ruffian 90 New Member

I'll be heading down to Walkabout at about 6.30-ish. Hopefully there'll be a few fans in there, and maybe the staff could even be persuaded to play some old classics if there's enough of us there.

3. Brel

Brel Guttersnipe

Are you sure about that?

DJ Danny Cole (from 6:30pm)
    UK’s Top DJ’s playing the best Old School & latest Dance tracks mixed with Rock/Pop/Party Classics

Surely their must be a bona fide boozer nearby?

4. northernleech

northernleech Member

yeah i saw that quality dj too (???) the other bar mentioned was nationofshopkeepers which is further down the street - looks up it's own arse to me - so any locals know any better ?

5. Wild Oscar

Wild Oscar Born-again Atheist

I've not been in for a couple of years or so (when it was called the Courtyard) and I'm not really 'down with the kids' (I'm 48) but I thought it was a half-decent place: good in summer cos of the...erm, courtyard and there are far more pretentious places in Leeds, that's for sure.

I think it's a reasonable place to meet up - not sawdust + spitoon, and not too wine-bar type (am I showing my age now?)

Anyway, how will anyone recognise each other? I mean, you'll know if someone's going to the gig but not necessarily been on this site, won't you?

6. northernleech

northernleech Member

an arched eyebrow and a withering sigh is all that is required ! ha ha ! there should be a gallery set up with all our photos on for such a situation ! we could just hang around the toilets looking furtive !! the pub looks suitably alternative but there a few bars in newcastle that attract the beardy types and it reminded me of that ( nothing wrong with beards .. unless they are on women or children) i am on facebook as anthony eagle if that helps !

7. Wild Oscar

At the risk of sounding stupid, what do 'beardy types' look like? I don't think it's a particularly student-type or 'yoghurt knitting' type place but, as I say, I'm not that well-informed. Basically, it's worth chancing for an hour or two without grief or embarrassment.

I'll take a look on facebook and get back to you - I'm also on as Mike Cartwright

WO

8. Wild Oscar

There's 5 of you with only photos of 2 - give us a chance!

9. Wild Oscar

Oh...just noticed...your avatar could be a bit of a giveaway! Is that you or a total diversion? :blushing:

10. northernleech

northernleech Member

my facebook photo is a kinda pop art / warhol thing - my solo avatar is me .. as me

11. ClintBoon

ClintBoon Junior Member

Where is there to park? Anywhere cheap? I'm going alone but am so I'll it's untrue :(

12. Mozzaa

Mozzaa Sing Me To Sleep....

there is bourbon bar which is just as closer and better than walkabout bit of a studenty bar and they play indie all the time! I'd say here is best bet i came before the last gig icame to at the academy. See you all about hopefully!!!!

13. Brel

Brel Guttersnipe

Do they sell pints though? ;)

14. northernleech

northernleech Member

i am drivin down too - there is a multi storey on merrion way and another (or it may be the same with a different entrance) on woodhouse lane (its a Qpark) this is only a street away from the academy ! think it's about 4 quid for the evening - qpark have a website if you need more details ! see ya later tonight maybe !!

15. Mozzaa

Oh most probably

16. ClintBoon

ClintBoon Junior Member

Cheers for that, might get there just after tea time and have a wander.

17. northernleech

northernleech Member

bourbon bar looks suitably shabby for a bunch of luddites like us - spirits + mixer for £1, doubles for £2 !! shame i am drivin ! can we agree on here then ? depending on traffic i should be in leeds by 7 at latest !

18. Mozzaa

I say bourbon myself I've been in afew times on a night out it's got beer what more do you need!?

19. blouseybrown

blouseybrown New Member

Hi there! I'm completely new to this forum. Going to the gig tonight, I'm unbelievably excited, I might do a sick.

20. Ali

Ali Junior Member

Should be in town for about 7.30. Will text you when there with ticket, you can always hook up with us lot- would hate to see you hanging around on your own:tears:
    Ali

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009