Lady GaGa

Discussion in 'Other Music archive (read-only)' started by limetree, Dec 3, 2009.

1. limetree

limetree New Member

[​IMG]

Does anyone else love her? I have a feeling I may be the only one but...I don't know, maybe someone else on the Morrissey-Solo forums love GaGa as much as I do! You never know! sorry I'm a little tipsy, had three glasses of wine with some other stuff, hopefully I am making sense!

At first I didn't like her at all, I thought, "Oh great, just what we need, a mindless popstar whose music lacks substance". That has all changed. Now she is all I listen to and I'll be seeing her live on the 13th. Morrissey is still my #1 but GaGa is not too far behind at #2. I am falling in love with her :love:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  2. GlasgowChivas

GlasgowChivas Doing the Terrace Stomp

Re: The beautiful **Lady GaGa**

You're not alone. She's great.

3. DIRTYHARRY

DIRTYHARRY Member

uh oh. shame on you. she is pop trash.

4. Have-A-Go Merchant

Have-A-Go Merchant Junior Member

She may be pop trash but that does have it's place and she is very good at doing it. Music is a broad spectrum of sounds and ideas and it's much more interesting to appreciate different kinds of artists than just stay in one place with artists that fit one kind of sound or genre.

5. kyleleonard

kyleleonard Jeff Buckley Is God

The only remotely interesting person in music apart from Moz

you might hate her because Moz would probably hate her, but it's abit sad to hate her because of that.. she writes her own stuff, and she looks like she'd put on a good live show

6. Pachinko

Pachinko Book Whore

You are not alone. I adore her! She is wonderful! She's going to be around for a very long, long time. I have her new album, "The Fame Monster" and it's absolutely terrific. :thumb:

7. guenuk

guenuk New Member

I think she's great as well, to be honest when she came out I thought 'oh here heres another silly tart' but she's really talented actually, she can sing, she can play musical instruments, writes her own stuff, has a big say in her image, love her recent song 'bad romance' the video is very artistic...I'm going to see her at the echo arena in feb, hopefully I have a better experience than last time:lbf:

8. maynardmorrissey

maynardmorrissey Member

Home Page:
    completely overrated two-hit-wonder who is as annoying as the unbearable Katy Perry

9. lucy1979

lucy1979 New Member

I'm not necessarilly a fan but 'Pop Trash' CAN be ace:guitar:

10. jhj1814

jhj1814 New Member

GaGa is to 2009 what Winehorse was to 2007.

11. kyleleonard

kyleleonard Jeff Buckley Is God

Barely, doubt Katy Perry could do a large arena tour

12. dizzywhore_1804

dizzywhore_1804 A big-nose who knows...

At first I thought "she's utterly vacuous and there's interesting about her album", then she said "my album is utterly vacuous and shouldn't be taken too seriously" - that's when I started listening. She's aware of the image she's portyraying and she's fiercely controlling it. I wouldn't be surprised if Lady Gaga was killed at her peek and we got Stefani Germanotta instead.

The Fame Monster is (at the moment) my favourite album of the year.

I think she's very much like Morrissey (not in style, but personality) in that while she's in your periphal knowledge she's an annoying bigmouth attention seeker, but once you pay attention you realise she's bloody interesting.

Am loving the Gaga love on here. Am surprised.

13. limetree

limetree New Member

She is the first artist in the Billboard Pop Songs chart history to have 4 consecutive songs from her debut album get to #1. And her new single "Bad Romance" is #1 on the United World Chart, meaning it's the number one song in the world! So she's really not a "two-hit-wonder".

14. guenuk

guenuk New Member

poker face
    bad romance
    love game
    just dance

thats 4 major pop tunes, if she was a one hit wonder theres no way she could have followed it up with 'bad romance' which beats what she first came out with.

The only thing I only know katy perry for is that kissing girls song which was a gimmick.

15. Nats1977

Nats1977 New Member

She's a bona fide pop genius and a Morrissey fan to boot - what more do you want?!

Actually don't answer that, we could be here a while...:D

16. Corrissey

Corrissey lovable loser

She tries too hard.

I don't really like her voice, but the music's got a good beat and you can dance to it. :)

17. dizzywhore_1804

dizzywhore_1804 A big-nose who knows...

That's what put me off her at first too, but if you go with it it's quite fun. Utterly ridiculous and OTT fun, but she's in on it too.

18. oye terence

oye terence ampersand after ampersand

Generally, I am a pretentious indie cunt, thus I never like typical pop shit.However, I do like the random pop song, if its dumb and fun, but I really hate Lady GaGa, oh well.My loss, my gain, whatever.

19. nugz

nugz SUPAHSTAR!

you own the Time Life Soft Rock Collection. you have no room to talk, son.

not that I'm hatin or anything. Bread4lyfe.

20. oye terence

oye terence ampersand after ampersand

I said "generally". ;)