Kristeen Young is off the tour (updated)

UPDATE:

Posted by an anonymous person:

She announced on FB about 10 mins ago:

We won't be continuing as opening band for the Morrissey tour. Thanks to all who showed up early and gave us such life-sustaining enthusiasm. Thanks to Morrissey for his years of support and generosity. There are lots of plans and lots of possibilities and we can't wait to tear into them.

An anonymous person posted:

Kristeen Young is making sum cryptic comments on farcebook. She's either been booted off the tour again or the tour is cancelled.
--
Another anonymous person posted (original post):

Kristeen Young Facebook comments. http://i60.tinypic.com/359y0j8.jpg is she booted off the tour again? Is the tour cancelled? WTF IS SHE GETTIN AT?

359y0j8.jpg

Earlier, Kristeen tweeted that she did not have a virus in regards to the previous article has been since updated which had stated "According to the show’s promoters, Morrissey, the touring crew and opener Kristeen Young have come down with a virus."

Link to interview mentioned:

Kristeen Young gives voice to the periphery while linking up to the stars - RedEye Chicago

Excerpt:

Can you recall the first time you met Morrissey?
The very first time I met him he didn’t recognize me. He had seen me in a video he really liked, and he didn’t recognize me as that person, so he had me kicked out of the studio [Laughs]. He was like, “Who is that girl? Get her out of here!’”

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the "I don't know what happened but it must be morrissey's fault" comments. dumb.

I like the comments implying she has any kind of career. She's virtually unknown outside of hardcore Morrissey fans and most of them are not too fond of her.

Morrissey did make a funny comment in one of the Texas (I think) shows. At the time I thought it was a little odd because he's been so supportive of her. He said, something along the lines of thanks to Kristeen for doing what she does, whatever that is. I guess you could take it as a jab or him just trying to be funny. I don't know, but thought at the time, that it was a bit of a jab.

Maybe something has been brewing for awhile.

Last edited:
Morrissey did make a funny comment in one of the Texas (I think) shows. At the time I thought it was a little odd because he's been so supportive of her. He said, something along the lines of thanks to Kristeen for doing what she does, whatever that is.

Maybe something has been brewing for awhile.

He thanked her for doing "whatever the hell it is she does", and followed it up by saying "I like it".

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like Tony Visconti is offended that he didn't get to produce World Peace, don't you think(?)

Which may be why it sounds like the best work Moz has done in a long time.

I wasn't a fan when he kicked her off of the tour last time. Was it this ugly?

Finally. I'm happy for the fans on the rest of the tour and looking forward to more comments from Tony Visconti. His post that we will see her on big stages makes me think they've deluded someone else into thinking she's a hip accessory. I can't imagine it being Dave Grohl. I don't follow his career but I know he does a lot of projects and it's not like she's going to get a slot opening for Foo Fighters for the next 10 years.

Of the (way too many) times I've seen her open for Morrissey, this time was probably the best one. I've not seen her with a band before and they really helped fill out the sound and made the act more interesting. At least we get to see something different now, she's been the opener far to long I think.

Finally. I'm happy for the fans on the rest of the tour and looking forward to more comments from Tony Visconti. His post that we will see her on big stages makes me think they've deluded someone else into thinking she's a hip accessory. I can't imagine it being Dave Grohl. I don't follow his career but I know he does a lot of projects and it's not like she's going to get a slot opening for Foo Fighters for the next 10 years.

Maybe it's Tony this Tweet should have been directed at;

@SendARavenPlz: @KRISTEENYOUNG Hey this is Erica w/ TMZ. Would love a quick chat about what happened w/ Morrissey tour. Please follow me so I can DM u, thnx

Seems like Tony Visconti is offended that he didn't get to produce World Peace, don't you think(?)

I'd imagine he's more offended he didn't produce Years of Refusal after all the subterfuge and stringing along that Morrissey did after Ringleader of the Tormentors at Visconti's expense.

She's much better off without him. You can tell even by what Tony Visconti commented on her own post about not continuing to open for him.

I wish her all the best, I really do, and I'm excited to see her perform her own shows, as I've missed the few opportunities I've had to see her perform.

It's all seemingly political and juvenile. She deserves to not be Morrissey's tour-play thing and she should NOT be expected to play patsy for when Morrissey cancels a show.

You Idiot Tony is the biggest user in the business, he has been living off Bowie, Bolan and then Morrissey - he was desperate to produce Morriso. seys last lp - name one great lp he has done without bowie, Bolan or sparks at their best, any f***er could produce those Lps and make them great..Most of the work was done by Ronson on the Bowie records ( he even goes on bowie sites just to say "well I'm tony V"
He killed Ringleaders with Oldman over production - the man's a pimp he gives kristeen to anyone who can make her famous
kristeen and Tony were plotting against Moz from the start, notice how things suddenly started falling apart as soon as them two were on the scene
Blood sucking c***s.
morrissey knew their game but had enough, dropped tony and seems to have grown tired of Kristeen the ungrateful cow.
Tony needs a kick in. Silly old wanker.
He is now touring The Man Who Sold The World acrecord written and mainly produced by Bowie and Ronson
Sick c***

She'll have to sing for those 'Earth is the Loneliest Planet' backing vocals royalties now.
On second thoughts, please don't Kristeen (or should I say, Christine)

Who would know, since he hasn't worked with her in five years. Idiot.

You know Skylarker, I usually disagree with those who cite your lack of formal education as being evident, however, in this case the check-your-facts-before-spouting-off-your-ill-informed-mouth lesson drummed into every college freshman on every college campus in America, is noticeably absent.

I'd imagine he's more offended he didn't produce Years of Refusal after all the subterfuge and stringing along that Morrissey did after Ringleader of the Tormentors at Visconti's expense.

eh? But T.V. did produce Years of refusal... and KY fell on Morrissey because T.V. pushed her to be in this position. Would Morrissey have known about her, giving her a support slot and media coverage without the strings pulling T.V. had done? that is the question needed to be asked.
Seeing her drummer's and Tony's comments on FB reveal their true nature (and KY) rather than Moz's.The annonymous comments in the KY thread have been true after all. Tony and Kristeen used Moz while talking around his back. Do you believe, the way they commented on this debacle PUBLICLY ( and the severity of the stiff has no relevance) is justified? taking in account all Moz has done FOR HER? He made a VERY wise decision to pass on Tony for WPINOYB, both musically and personally.
Tony is also a grade A douchebag for taking a dig at Cliff Richard, one of the nicest people in the music industry, especially as Tony is 70+ years old and from the same generation.
Visconti said of Moz "can he be handled?" if that so, why did he beg Moz to work on WPINOYB?! KY and Tony are two face creeps.

eh? But T.V. did produce Years of refusal... and KY fell on Morrissey because T.V. pushed her to be in this position. Would Morrissey have known about her, giving her a support slot and media coverage without the strings pulling T.V. had done? that is the question needed to be asked.
Seeing her drummer's and Tony's comments on FB reveal their true nature (and KY) rather than Moz's.The annonymous comments in the KY thread have been true after all. Tony and Kristeen used Moz while talking around his back. Do you believe, the way they commented on this debacle PUBLICLY ( and the severity of the stiff has no relevance) is justified? taking in account all Moz has done FOR HER? He made a VERY wise decision to pass on Tony for WPINOYB, both musically and personally.
Tony is also a grade A douchebag for taking a dig at Cliff Richard, one of the nicest people in the music industry, especially as Tony is 70+ years old and from the same generation.
Visconti said of Moz "can he be handled?" if that so, why did he beg Moz to work on WPINOYB?! KY and Tony are two face creeps.

Taking back my comment on TV producing Years of Refusal, forgot it was Jerry Fin. However, rest of rant still stands.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom