Kristeen Young is off the tour (updated)

UPDATE:

Posted by an anonymous person:

She announced on FB about 10 mins ago:

We won't be continuing as opening band for the Morrissey tour. Thanks to all who showed up early and gave us such life-sustaining enthusiasm. Thanks to Morrissey for his years of support and generosity. There are lots of plans and lots of possibilities and we can't wait to tear into them.

An anonymous person posted:

Kristeen Young is making sum cryptic comments on farcebook. She's either been booted off the tour again or the tour is cancelled.
--
Another anonymous person posted (original post):

Kristeen Young Facebook comments. http://i60.tinypic.com/359y0j8.jpg is she booted off the tour again? Is the tour cancelled? WTF IS SHE GETTIN AT?

359y0j8.jpg

Earlier, Kristeen tweeted that she did not have a virus in regards to the previous article has been since updated which had stated "According to the show’s promoters, Morrissey, the touring crew and opener Kristeen Young have come down with a virus."

Link to interview mentioned:

Kristeen Young gives voice to the periphery while linking up to the stars - RedEye Chicago

Excerpt:

Can you recall the first time you met Morrissey?
The very first time I met him he didn’t recognize me. He had seen me in a video he really liked, and he didn’t recognize me as that person, so he had me kicked out of the studio [Laughs]. He was like, “Who is that girl? Get her out of here!’”

Last edited by a moderator:
She's much better off without him. You can tell even by what Tony Visconti commented on her own post about not continuing to open for him.

I wish her all the best, I really do, and I'm excited to see her perform her own shows, as I've missed the few opportunities I've had to see her perform.

It's all seemingly political and juvenile. She deserves to not be Morrissey's tour-play thing and she should NOT be expected to play patsy for when Morrissey cancels a show.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony's a DICK. Someone suggested it surely wasn't Morrissey's decision, that it must've been his "handlers." (Is he a f***ing dog? :squiffy:) to which Tony replied "Can Morrissey really be handled?"

:popcorn:

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not her friend and I see it. Are you going here? You have to be logged into facebook on your own account to see it I think.

https://www.facebook.com/kristeenyoung?fref=ts

I am logged in and the most recent thing I get is Kristeen changing her Facebook profile picture on May 27. Am I just bad at Facebook?

The good news is that Cliff Richard will be support for all remaining dates of the tour.

She's much better off without him. You can tell even by what Tony Visconti commented on her own post about not continuing to open for him.

I wish her all the best, I really do, and I'm excited to see her perform her own shows, as I've missed the few opportunities I've had to see her perform.

It's all seemingly political and juvenile. She deserves to not be Morrissey's tour-play thing and she should NOT be expected to play patsy for when Morrissey cancels a show.

I wonder if her band mates opened her eyes to the bullshit she may have been putting up with. She publicly negated that the Lincoln crowd was lame on Visconti's Facebook page by saying they were great. Maybe her mates were framing touring with Moz in a different perspective than Kristeen held.

I am logged in and the most recent thing I get is Kristeen changing her Facebook profile picture on May 27. Am I just bad at Facebook?

I dunno. Here you go, can't follow it much past this as I have to go do work stuff.

14330239926_fc7c5c6857.jpg

14166689179_760e82e4f6.jpg

14166689189_20f3136940.jpg

14352495014_40492bb87d.jpg

14330239946_5b197d3224.jpg

14166689249_c1b8421749.jpg

14350033111_8682cf52c0.jpg

14166774810_1e2967b7d9.jpg

14166774830_53e33d9e91.jpg

14373538763_05b152a9f1.jpg

Re: Article: Kristeen Young comments on Facebook appear to indicate she is off the tour or tour is c

This. I always wondered how someone with a well-documented case of depression could handle touring. Managing stress and having a routine is important to maintaining mental stability for someone with recurring episodes, so how is he able to deal with time zone changes and the rigors of touring? Someone like this also would have a really hard time with the stresses of a regular, full-time job, which is probably why he was unemployable when he was younger. (Seriously, in the U.S., if he had been a citizen and had never made it as a pop star, and couldn't work a regular job, he would have been living on Social Security.)

Agreed. I frequently assume that cancellations (going all the way back to the Smiths days) are due to Moz's mental health, which in my mind is perfectly valid--certainly every bit as valid as cancelling due to physical illness. That's not to say I don't feel for the fans--I've been cancelled on my fair share of times, and it always hurts. But I've also seen enough to know that depression and its henchmen aren't always controllable. Would people rather Morrissey didn't tour at all? I'd prefer the chance to see him some of the time rather than none of the time.

Last edited:
14352495074_862f4f6fd1.jpg

Is anyone friends with Kristeen's bassist (Megan X Thomas) on FB? I wonder if she has any comment on the whole thing, since she's the newest babe in Mozland.

Re: Article: Kristeen Young comments on Facebook appear to indicate she is off the tour or tour is c

Agreed. I frequently assume that cancellations (going all the way back to the Smiths days) are due to Moz's mental health, which in my mind is perfectly valid--certainly every bit as valid as cancelling due to physical illness. That's not to say I don't feel for the fans--I've been cancelled on my fair share of times, and it always hurts. But I've seen enough in my family to know that depression (and its associates) aren't always controllable. Would people rather he didn't tour at all? I'd prefer the chance to see him some of the time rather than none of the time.

There was an article from the Moz wilderness years--it is on one of those websites that has scans of every article about Morrissey ever, but I forget which one--where someone interviews a lot of people who were close to Morrissey--Stephen Street, one of his former tour managers, and even Jake. And the ex-tour manager strongly implies that depression was the reason for him walking off the Bowie tour and that they didn't even want him to do the tour because they thought he was in no condition to do so. Street has some similar stories about the immediate post-Viva Hate days.

I also agree that depression is a valid reason for cancellations, which is part of the reason why I wish that people on here wouldn't be so f***ing harsh. I am certain he looks on here from time to time and I doubt it helps with his mental health. I know it certainly doesn't help with mine.

Claws are coming out…& will continue to come out during the US tour..

Perhaps now, everyone will see what a wanker Visconti truly is.

I dunno. Here you go, can't follow it much past this as I have to go do work stuff.

14330239926_fc7c5c6857.jpg

14166689179_760e82e4f6.jpg

14166689189_20f3136940.jpg

14352495014_40492bb87d.jpg

14330239946_5b197d3224.jpg

14166689249_c1b8421749.jpg

14350033111_8682cf52c0.jpg

14166774810_1e2967b7d9.jpg

14166774830_53e33d9e91.jpg

14373538763_05b152a9f1.jpg

Oh my god this is horrifying…there are people who actually like Kristeen Young's music? People who think she will be playing on bigger stages or that she too good to be opening for Morrissey? Scary, scary, scary.

Thanks Crystal.

This makes all those "adored by Morrissey" album reviews sort of awkward. Who's opening your pickle jars now, Kristeen?

Back
Top Bottom