Kraftwerk vs. Devo

Which Band Reigns Supreme?

• Total voters

Anaesthesine

Angel of Distemper
Choose between the two greatest electro-geek bands of all time:

Last edited by a moderator:
Love 'em both but given freedom of choice I choose DEVO!!

auh4y9.jpg

I've listened to Kraftwerk for longer, so I suppose that would effect my vote, but then what I've heard by Devo didn't really impress me. But then Kraftwerk win anyway, because they provide the mental soundtrack to physics lessons. :thumb:

Kraftwerk. Their stuff still sounds fresh. That may well be because they didn't get as much exposure as Devo. I heard a lot of Devo on the radio in the college town I lived in in the early 80s.

I voted Devo because they acknowledge that they are geeks :o while Kraftwerk probably does not understand the question :confused:
after all, would you if you were:
kraftwerk-the-robots-2004-11-10.jpg

a robot? :eek:

It is difficult, but I picked Kraftwerk because I listen to them a lot more. Good poll. :thumb:

I thought there'd be at least a tiny amount of blood on the tracks.

Kraftwerk got my vote because they stunned me with their early music videos; I felt like I was looking right into the future of music.

As for Devo, it took me a while to warm up to them. "Peek-A-Boo" is still one of my least favorite songs/videos of all time.

It's really like The Smiths vs The Woodentops, but there you go.
Kraftwerk by a country-mile.

And why is this in Pigsty :confused:

Kraftwerk forever. Boing Boom Tschak still gives me the chills.

when i realized that the 2 live crew lifted "man machine" for their classic 'dick almighty' i instantly became a kraftwerk fan. and by virtue of that alone, kraftwerk wins. i mean, to be able say, we're sampled on 'dick almighty', words fail me.

Back
Top Bottom