"It was Morrissey's fault!" Mike Judge and Johnny Knoxville converse at Comicon 2011

Mozevon

Hey, I haven't seen this posted here so here's a little clip about Beavis and Butthead's 2011 comeback, where Morrissey is credited to ruining the ability to release many of B&B's music video commentaries on DVD. This is, of course, in reference to when Beavis and Butthead commentated on the "November Spawns a Monster" video, to which Morrissey predictably was against DVD release if not the project in general.

Anyways, here's the panel, the relevant area starts at like 2:30.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGXaDst0DTE

Edit: Here's the B&B commentary of "November":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WON-Gw1KgAY

Last edited:
Re: "It was Morrissey's fault!" Mike Judge and Johnny Knoxville converse at Comicon

Hey, I haven't seen this posted here so here's a little clip about Beavis and Butthead's 2011 comeback, where Morrissey is credited to ruining the ability to release B&B's music video commentary on DVD. This is, of course, in reference to when Beavis and Butthead commentated on the "November Spawns a Monster" video, to which Morrissey predictably was against DVD release if not the project in general.

Anyways, here's the panel, the relevant area starts at like 2:30.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGXaDst0DTE

The Morrissey clip was hilarious; and the November video set itself up for mockery right from the get go...unwatchably pretentious and sickeningly effete...which was odd, as Morrissey was almost consistently hitting home runs back then. But that video had FAIL written all over it.

If he really had a problem with the Beavis and Butt-head thing, then he is in sore need of a sense of humor...something Judge and Knoxville have always had in spades.

Re: "It was Morrissey's fault!" Mike Judge and Johnny Knoxville converse at Comicon

But that show was how I became a fan of Moz! I was really impressed with that lace shirt and band-aid.
Moz why?

Best B&B moment had to be when Butthead was watching a video about a break-up song.
"I don't see the big deal about breaking up is. All you have to say is we can still have sex 'n stuff but I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave."
Priceless.

The State took years to get on dvd because of music rights. It just wasn't right without the original music used either. The breeders and pants shopping go hand and hand.

I personally always loved their commentary on the Rollins video and especially the Tom Jones video. :D Oh, and Tom Waits playing that little guitar under the table.

And yes, I know the names of the songs so don't feel the need to tell me...

Their rip on Grim Reaper's See You in Hell was great.. "Didn't we see these guys at the state fair?"

But the funniest one-liner.. Clutch video.. dog with huge balls.. Beavis says: "Check out the nads on that pig!!!!"

I love the commentary on one of Vanilla Ice's slow songs..

Beavis: "Y'know, everybody's always ragging on this guy and saying how much he sucks, but you wanna know something? He really does suck. This is one of the times everybody's right."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom