Istanbul - Cemil Topuzlu Open Air Theatre (July 19, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

How Soon Is Now? / Everyday Is Like Sunday / You're The One For Me, Fatty / You Have Killed Me / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Maladjusted / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / I Know It's Over / Black Cloud / Alma Matters / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me / People Are The Same Everywhere / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Speedway / Still Ill / Meat Is Murder / Let Me Kiss You // I Will See You In Far Off Places

set list provided by Morrissey_Ist

• Photo by Ecesu Sertesen / Instagram. Link posted by Miss Garden.

istanbul.jpg

Last edited:
little patti smith thrown in before HSIN.. "The people have the power"

Anyone see that fight in the pit just after the concert ended? Seemed to involve a girl and a guy and there was a big lump of someones hair on the ground afterwards. Security eventually got involved and looked like they ejected them. Not sure what started it maybe something thrown from the stage.

It was fantastic in general. My 3rd Moz consert in 6 years. He still has wonderful voice and performance. The set list was nice, truly covering most of the expectations. "I know it's over", "Meat is Murder", "Last Night I Dreamt that Somebody Loved Me" live versions were excellent. But he seemed to lose some power and momentum a little. I wish to see faster and more powerful performances. There were too many pauses, up tempo and down tempo songs one after another; very little quotes and conversations. There were around 5000 people, sold out venue, however I doubt 80% of the crowd didn't know about Moz at all, they sat there and made observations. There were interesting moments though; one young lady made it to the stage and hugged him during maladjusted, moz helped her did not pause singing and one little girl given to the stage, moz carried her and continued singing. The setlist as far as i remember:

How soon?, Everyday sunday, you killed, fatty, maladjusted, paris, i know its over, carol, alma matters, black cloud, people are same, to give reason, last night i dreamt, speedway, meat is murder, kiss you, far off places

The setlist according to setlist.fm

How Soon Is Now?
Everyday Is Like Sunday
You're The One For Me, Fatty
You Have Killed Me
I Know It's Over
Alma Matters
Black Cloud
Ouija Board, Ouija Board
Maladjusted
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
To Give (The Reason I Live)
When Last I Spoke To Carol
I Will See You In Far-Off Places
People Are The Same Everywhere
Still Ill
Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me
Meat Is Murder
Let Me Kiss You

Encore:
Speedway

The setlist according to setlist.fm

How Soon Is Now?
Everyday Is Like Sunday
You're The One For Me, Fatty
You Have Killed Me
I Know It's Over
Alma Matters
Black Cloud
Ouija Board, Ouija Board
Maladjusted
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
To Give (The Reason I Live)
When Last I Spoke To Carol
I Will See You In Far-Off Places
People Are The Same Everywhere
Still Ill
Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me
Meat Is Murder
Let Me Kiss You

Encore:
Speedway

This setlist is definitely not in the right order.
Encore was "I Will See You In Far-Off Places"

That little girl is beyond adorable (& so is Morrissey). On what song did she achieve this (I hope it wasn't meat is murder, she looks too happy)?

The concert finished with 'Let me kiss you' really? What a way to limp away and encourage some noise for an encore. No wonder I cant get rid of my tickets for the manc gig.

SET LIST

• How Soon Is Now?
  • Everyday Is Like Sunday
  • You're The One For Me, Fatty
  • You Have Killed Me
  • Shoplifters Of The World Unite
  • Ouija Board, Ouija Board
  • Maladjusted
  • I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
  • I Know It's Over
  • Black Cloud
  • Alma Matters
  • When Last I Spoke To Carol
  • Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me
  • People Are The Same Everywhere
  • To Give (The Reason I Live)
  • Speedway
  • Still Ill
  • Meat Is Murder
  • Let Me Kiss You
    +
  • I Will See You In Far-Off Plac

It was probably the best gig I've seen in Istanbul, his voice was on top form. I beg to disagree with the post above saying 80% of the crowd didn't know much about Morrissey, what I saw was people were singing along, cheering, showing love for Moz. I still can't get over the fact that he sang Still Ill which is my all time favourite the Smiths song along. I Know It's Over hit me pretty hard, I'm sure many got emotional during that song. I wish everyday's a Morrissey concert, and I'm proud to say now that life is complete!
By the way the setlist is not in right order as mentined above.
DSCF2018edsmall.jpg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom