Is this the only Your Arsenal CD in existence?

Louth

I have this HMV BIEM/STEMRA 0777 7 9979 2 4 Your Arsenal CD that I bought the day it was released here in Holland......But is hasn't got Moz on it but Bryan Ferry's - The Ultimate Collection....

I still recall the moment I pressed the start button and I heard "Lets Stick Together"... I phoned my local record store in Rotterdam at the time and asked the guy of he had any other "complaints" but he said "No" and told me I could swap it for a good one!! :) I went back and bought a 'good one" after letting him play a couple of other Your Arsenal's he had but they were all Moz singing..

I never saw anything mentioned anywhere ever... Anyone got any ideas on rarity and such...?

Thx Paul

Last edited:
There are questions like this about once a month, Smiths/Moz releases that play other music or have wrong labels are fairly common and I'm not aware of anyone interested enough in them to pay a premium. You just have an interesting conversation piece, enjoy.

Thanx for your reply Beau..

I for one have no intention of selling for whatever ridiculous price unless perhaps the profit would go to a good cause.... I don't need the money and I have other "nowadays certified" extremely rare Smiths/Morrissey items as I have been an aficionado since 1983.

However there are more than a couple of distinct highlights that happened to me "first hand" since 1983: 1. buying "Education in Reverse" in Australia when I was there in 1988. 2. the "Your Arsenal" CD of this thread... and 3. cathing Mozza's shirt in Rotterdam in June 2009, fighting off 20 people and still ending up with a complete sleeve :) these all being of no importance as enjoying the genius of Morrissey is still the main event..

I have NEVER seen a reference on YA regarding different music on the CD. As you are undoubtably aware this is the CD on which Morrissey himself commented that the people in the music business should pay more attention for on the label it has the "Trk1 taken from the fortcoming album "Your Arsenal"" line........

Anyway I am still wondering how many (as you state) of these accidental misprints (music or labelwise..) are known to you or other people on M-S?. If anyone has any information please do tell!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Paul

I have a Dutch Vauxhall CD that plays a record by various French artists. I paid £5 for it and I think that's a reasonable price.

I for one have no intention of selling for whatever ridiculous price unless perhaps the profit would go to a good cause....

What Beau was very likely trying to say is that you will never get that sort of money with a factory/plant mishap. These things happen all the time and, although they are a curiosity, collectors *usually* don't go for this kind of thing. Your Your Arsenal is not a one-off, I hear about it all the time, just like the Beethoven Was Deaf cd that actually plays Beethoven (or at least classical music that most people just assume is by Beethoven).

Back
Top Bottom