'Interesting Morrissey' promo shirt anyone get one?

Famous when dead

Vulgarian
Being a bit of an 'older' fan, could someone who was around at the time, please confirm that I am not mad and that there WAS a T-shirt given to select record shops on the release of Interesting Drug. It was reversible, blue and white, if I remember correctly and featured a Chas Kendrick picture (sketch) of Oscar Wilde that was also on the etched disc. It was blue and white and said: 'interesting' then the picture of Oscar holding on to the flower and then 'Morrissey'.

Mine was given to me by the owner of 'Badlands' in Cheltenham, U.K.

I have yet to meet anyone who has similar and Peepholism did not mention this at all.

Help! Was this just the weirdest bootleg article ever or did anyone else get one,

Thank you in advance,
FWD

Contrary to some reports, the picture was not scribbled by Moz, it was an illustration in 'Oscarinia' - which the more observant may have seen in various pictures of Moz circa Smiths era.

Stop press: as a forum virgin, I did not search the archive and have found confirmation - so any further info. is welcome. Cheers.

Last edited:
I remember this appearing a couple of years ago at eil.com
http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=369822
but I didn't buy as the size seemed a little on the morbid side.
I also recall that 'Smash Hits' ran a poptastic competition to give away a dozen or so of these garments. I also recall sending off my SAE and being utterly devastated when the list of winners was published weeks later and my name was not on it.
Happy days!
Kind regards,
joe frady
p.s "large headed flying man" ???! :doh:

Back
Top Bottom