If Johnny Marr, Andy Rourke & Mike Joyce reformed?

Musley

wild and free
I don't know why but I was wondering to myself yesterday that if Johnny, Andy & Mike reformed with a new front man and performed only Smiths songs, would anyone go to see them. Would you?

I don't know why but I was wondering to myself yesterday that if Johnny, Andy & Mike reformed with a new front man and performed only Smiths songs, would anyone go to see them. Would you?

it would be like seeing journey without steve perry.
just a cold hollow shell.
okay,i will be more hip and say it would be like seeing pulp without jarvis cocker.

would i see a new group if it was them and they tried something different?
sure.

Funny I was wondrering the same seeing as how "From the Jam" is selling out all over without the aid of Paul Weller.

ugh.

without the modfather i wouldnt wanna see that.

Apparently they hired some guy from a Jam tribute band to take his place. The idea of Marr, Rourke and Joyce with one of those Mozzerlikes from a tribute band would be utterly hilarious.

Doors, Queen, Jam, Undertones, Stranglers etc have done it.

We all know Johnny is not desparete to do this kind of thing.

Apparently they hired some guy from a Jam tribute band to take his place. The idea of Marr, Rourke and Joyce with one of those Mozzerlikes from a tribute band would be utterly hilarious.

see,that just makes me a little sad on the inside,i mean,i feel bad for them but that just screams desperation.
didnt some other band do that?find some tribute band singer to take over?

its not the jam with out weller just like its not the smiths without morrissey

see,that just makes me a little sad on the inside,i mean,i feel bad for them but that just screams desperation.
didnt some other band do that?find some tribute band singer to take over?

its not the jam with out weller just like its not the smiths without morrissey

it was Judas Priest..which was the basis for the movie Rock Star with Mark Wahlberg..I am full of useless information today.

it was Judas Priest..which was the basis for the movie Rock Star with Mark Wahlberg..I am full of useless information today.

That actually the state of Journey at the moment too (ok I'll be the loser to bring it up). They currently have a singer from the Philippines who was in a Journey tribute band. Its funny because he sounds just like Steve Perry but he's very Asian looking so you are expecting to see Steve Perry (white dude with a mullet), but you end up seeing something totally different haha.

Never.

If that ever happened, my first question would not be if I wanted to see them, (that would come second.) but what would Morrissey do? I'm sure the flames and anger would burning brightly.

and then I'd laugh, and shake my head "no" sadly. It just wouldn't be the same.

Back
Top Bottom