"I Will See You In Far Off Places" by Aine Ni Cheallaigh released (June 12, 2016)

A memoir of following Morrissey's 2015 South American Tour

I Will See You in Far Off Places - Amazon
by Aine Ni Cheallaigh

Blurb..."Áine and her wife Nora, self-described introverted bookworms, were happily ensconced in their small-town-with-cat life when everything changed. Faced with the death of Nora’s beloved mother and new twists and turns in Áine’s unfolding spiritual path, they both wanted more from life. More what? More of their beloved Morrissey. Two (quietly) raving fans with some U.S. shows under their belts hit upon a life-changing idea: follow Morrissey for his South American tour. These non-Spanish-speaking, comfort-seeking, fortysomething non-adventurers joined throngs of screaming twentysomethings in opening up to the mysterious, enthralling embrace of The Real and Proper Poet Laureate. Braving floods and medical emergencies (including one late-night trip to a jungle ER), searching for monkeys, living for days on the sidewalks of far flung cities, Áine and Nora find their place among the motley family that is Morrissey and his fans, woven together through music. In this passionate memoir packed with gorgeous photos, Áine brings to life a journey of two unlikely travelers who find their way to the most beautiful destination of them all: the one big heart."

Product details:
  • Paperback: 238 pages
  • Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (June 12, 2016)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1533546444
  • ISBN-13: 978-1533546449
  • Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.6 x 9 inches
38787_41odwIgmsL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A memoir of following Morrissey's 2015 South American Tour

I Will See You in Far Off Places - Amazon
by Aine Ni Cheallaigh

Blurb..."Áine and her wife Nora, self-described introverted bookworms, were happily ensconced in their small-town-with-cat life when everything changed. Faced with the death of Nora’s beloved mother and new twists and turns in Áine’s unfolding spiritual path, they both wanted more from life. More what? More of their beloved Morrissey. Two (quietly) raving fans with some U.S. shows under their belts hit upon a life-changing idea: follow Morrissey for his South American tour. These non-Spanish-speaking, comfort-seeking, fortysomething non-adventurers joined throngs of screaming twentysomethings in opening up to the mysterious, enthralling embrace of The Real and Proper Poet Laureate. Braving floods and medical emergencies (including one late-night trip to a jungle ER), searching for monkeys, living for days on the sidewalks of far flung cities, Áine and Nora find their place among the motley family that is Morrissey and his fans, woven together through music. In this passionate memoir packed with gorgeous photos, Áine brings to life a journey of two unlikely travelers who find their way to the most beautiful destination of them all: the one big heart."

Product details:
  • Paperback: 238 pages
  • Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (June 12, 2016)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1533546444
  • ISBN-13: 978-1533546449
  • Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.6 x 9 inches
38787_41odwIgmsL.jpg
I would buy the book just for its cover (and leave it casually on my bedside table)

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I don't know why, but I always imagine Morrissey in his home cooking vegan recipes.
Even more, now that I think about it, it would be nice if he could make a series of videos cooking vegan, with good tips, animal friendly alternatives and the best background music. Who wouldn't instantly become vegan??
Much more handsome, charming, healthy and animal friendly than Jamie Oliver.

I don't know why, but I always imagine Morrissey in his home cooking vegan recipes.
Even more, now that I think about it, it would be nice if he could make a series of videos cooking vegan, with good tips, animal friendly alternatives and the best background music. Who wouldn't instantly become vegan??
Much more handsome, charming, healthy and animal friendly than Jamie Oliver.
Sorry, I don't want that image in my head. Morrissey behind kitchen appliances with a spatula in his hand - not a sexy thing.:thumbsdown:

Sorry, I don't want that image in my head. Morrissey behind kitchen appliances with a spatula in his hand - not a sexy thing.:thumbsdown:

Well... Sexiness is related to personal taste. Perhaps because I'm not a good cook, but from my point of view a man who cooks earns a lot of sexy points. Imagine Morrissey :brows:

I wouldn't sleep on the sidewalk/path for anyone unless I was homeless. The most I would do is get to the venue a couple hours early to try to get front row. I think sleeping rough or not sleeping at all overnight in a strange town is a bit over-the-top behavior. I'm sure some people on this site have done it. I mean I've driven long journeys and taken days off to go to concerts, and I've been spat on in Glasgow by random scum while waiting in the queue for Moz, but I think sleeping on a sidewalk is a step too far (off the curb :) )

Well... Sexiness is related to personal taste. Perhaps because I'm not a good cook, but from my point of view a man who cooks earns a lot of sexy points. Imagine Morrissey :brows:
The only way Morrissey would look sexy in the kitchen would be if he cooked in his undies.

Remember, Morrissey once said he likes to roll out a pastry when he's in love. Sweet guy. He also takes a teapot with him on tour. Silly guy. Well, I just love Moz.

About the book. Sounds cool. But I think the authors could have chosen a more flattering photo. That must've been when Moz went through his flabby stage. I don't get the "follow the tour" thing, but Morrissey is the best artist to follow if you have to follow somebody.

#VivaMoz

Same here. I don't relate to those people.

#VivaMoz

I wouldn't sleep on the sidewalk/path for anyone unless I was homeless. The most I would do is get to the venue a couple hours early to try to get front row. I think sleeping rough or not sleeping at all overnight in a strange town is a bit over-the-top behavior. I'm sure some people on this site have done it. I mean I've driven long journeys and taken days off to go to concerts, and I've been spat on in Glasgow by random scum while waiting in the queue for Moz, but I think sleeping on a sidewalk is a step too far (off the curb :) )

if i loved someone madly i would live on the street outside their house and happily freeze to death when winter came. but just to see some bloke in concert, even if it IS morrissey? nah.... besides, the hotels are always part of the fun in going to concerts in strange places. i love hotels. i wish i could live in a hotel like morrissey.

I'm about a third of the way through this and it's just irritating me. These are the kind of cliquey shitearses who prevent anybody else getting to the barrier due to their c***y list system and insistence on turning up at 6AM. The only part I've enjoyed was when the Brazlilians were being 'too aggressive' and made the poor gringas cry.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom