I can finally praise the Pope! VIVA LA PAPA!

Discussion in 'Off-topic archive (read-only)' started by Theo, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Theo

Theo New Member

I've never been one to praise the Catholic Church, but score one for the Pope. I'll call him Papa Ratzinger today and hope he doesn't apologize to the sons of Allah rampaging like lunatics. They're tolerant of no one. They dialogue with no one. And my-oh-my are they ever-so insecure.

What did the Pope say that was so bad? The imam of the biggest mosque in my state (imam Damra of the Islamic Center of Cleveland) used to shout that Jews are the "sons of pigs and monkeys," until he was arrested for funding foreign terror networks. Did I riot? No. Did I hear an apology? LOL!

I only skimmed the Pope's words since religion is not my bag and it was long, but I got some of the general points. Violence shouldn't be used to force religion on people. Belief systems have to win over people's souls through reason. Religions using the sword should reform themselves. Nothing hateful at all, unlike the constant and deranged rantings spewing out of the Muslim world every day.

So, Allah guys, what's da matta? Firebombing churches? Holding up threatening signs? Looking like barbaric, wild animals? You say you'll kill this Pope? Yeah, you tried to kill the last Pope, too.

Most of these beasts don't know what the Pope said nor do they care. One sentence from a long speech out of context is all they need when they're looking for pretexts for more violence. The message they're really sending is we cannot speak at all, except in submission.

Aw, poor babies, Muhammad's name was mentioned in a quotation from an emperor who lived in the 14th century.

Yup, it looks like the world has been plagued with jihad for quite some time. Nope, I don't think these allah guys were killing in the 14th century because of the West's foreign policies.

But some more reasonable sounding Muslims say the Pope got it wrong:

I'm glad the Pope got you to say that. Maybe you should back it up by protesting the weekly atrocities done in the name of Islam across the globe.

For further (and not very encouraging) insights into Islam, check out Brian Lamb interviewing JihadWatch's Robert Spencer on C-Span from a few Sundays ago, which also includes some chilling clips from an ex-PLO terrorist who converted away from Islam.

The recent video from American al Qaeda Adam Gadahn called out Robert Spencer and warned him he'd better convert.

To which Spencer replied:

Well said.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2006
  2. Denia

Denia pirate wench

very well, but you do realize when saying "viva la papa" the message you're sending is not "long live the pope", but instead "long live the potato..."

3. Puddle

Puddle Banned

Theo, you're not the most sensitive of cultural anthropologists, are you?

Yes there is something flawed with a large sect of Islam. Poverty, as well as fear of US imperialism, just keeps it going. What I call the root causes.

I do find it sad that people get so wound up in the middle east. "like, dude relax". But the people are caught in the middle of many forces playing tug of war with their emotions. They take the side of radical islam because they can identify more closely with the people sending those messages.

I always said fuck Islam, but only when one realizes fuck all religion at the same time. So fuck religion.

VIVA Starbuck's on every corner, in every city in the world. Only then will people everywhere finally be 'free'.

4. vivaissy

vivaissy muggle, first order

Home Page:
    fuck starbucks!
    i dont want your job in starbucks

5. Puddle

Puddle Banned

starbuck's pays decent and has a decent benefits package. but yeah, fuck starbucks

6. drunken goldfish

drunken goldfish blah blah fishcakes

Not sure what you're referring to there, but there are many stories also to the contrary, of monestaries hiding Jewish children during the war.

7. Pervomartovtsi

Pervomartovtsi 2222

yes I love potatos too!!!

but I must remark that I don't like people as intolerant as you Theo!

8. dallow_bg

dallow_bg the one he left behind

Home Page:
    Sorry, but you're half right.
    The word 'papa' means simply potato.

But the more respectful, Papa, means the Holy Pope.

Good post Theo.
    (Yeah, I praised him, so what)

9. chica

chica v2.0

Sooooo...the Pope claims that he supports Turkish membership in the European Union! Publicity stunt? What do you think about his diplomacy towards the Muslim countries?

10. Kewpie

Kewpie Member Moderator Premium

Pope stupidly offeneded Muslims earlier, this is just a lip service and he wouldn't influence anything about it.

11. drunken goldfish

Do you mean it was stupid to offend them or what he said was stupid? (I know I'm going to regret this...)

12. Christine

Christine New Member

I hate this pope, he made those ridiculous ridiculous remarks that priests should make sure they're not gay before entering the priesthood because that was the cause for a lot of child abuse cases. Which shows a total misunderstanding of the issue, pissing off alot of victims support groups, which is hardly what he ahould be doing :mad:

13. Kewpie

Both applicable.
    Pope is the head of Roman Catholic, but it doesn't mean Pope has right to offend others regardless of religion and race.
    Pope is a humble human being, also makes mistakes.
    Although I disagree with most of Muslim beleifs, I have certain respect to them.

14. Christine

Christine New Member

But he doesn't that is the whole point of Papal Infalability :rolleyes:

15. Kewpie

I'm not a Christian, so it's not my concern!
    I regard him as the head of Catholic Church, but he isn't superior than others.

16. drunken goldfish

That's actually a common mistake. The pope is not infallible in everything he says or does, but only when he announces he's speaking under a term called ex cathedra (hope I spelled that right, IIRC it means at that moment he's being inspired by the Holy Spirit). Most, if not all, modern popes never annouced anything of that sort their entire carreer.

17. Christine

Christine New Member

really oh thanks, can't wait to tell that one to my insane bible bashing religion teacher :cool:

18. Dave

Dave Guest

I only skimmed your post but think I got the point about 2 years ago. :)

19. drunken goldfish

You have a religion class in school :confused: ? And what exactly does your teacher say about the Bible?

Hey, no fair making fun of someone when he can't defend himself ;) .