HOAX!! first new album single release 25th August

I have a friend who works at recordstore.co.uk and he sent me information via e-mail that came as a complete shock! Apparently, Morrissey has already readied his next single for release!!!

The next single from Moz, and the first off his new album, is entitled "Something Is Squeezing My Skull", which is schduled for release on August 25th.

l_82918ff80ebfdc1729200247cb0476f3.jpg

The tracklist he gave me read like this:

CD Single

1. Something Is Squeezing My Skull
2. Livings

7 inch single

Side A

Side B

2. Action Man

7 inch single

Side A

Side B

2. Life Is A Pigsty/How Soon Is Now? (Recorded Live At Ruth Eckerd Hall, Clearwater, 12th July, 2007)

It baffles me why recordstore.co.uk would be informed so far in advance but my buddy informed me this is indeed genuine and that the site is not supposed to put the items online for pre-order until mid-to-late-July. Though I can't wait for a new single, the title and b-sides do sound a bit silly and fake. I wouldn't have believed it if anyone else had told me.

Re: First new album single on August 25th!

looks legit... disappointing first choice for the album, i don't think it's a stand out track like you have killed me" or "irish blood, english heart".

I'm sweating in my tempurpedic lump of clay just thinking about it.

Other than hearing the song "Action Man" only one thing could make this tempurpedic experience bearable.

I would really hope thats not the first single.

its okay but its certainly not no Irish blood,english heart,heck its not even better than you have killed me...

though,I am not sure its legit,I understand the old photos for greatest hits releases,but for a new single on a new studio album?

but I am probably wrong.

though,I am not sure its legit,I understand the old photos for greatest hits releases,but for a new single on a new studio album?

but I am probably wrong.

I'm with you on this. The titles and choice of b-sides is plausible, but recycling the photo that was already used for the inner gatefold of Hold Onto Yer Fiends? Yeah, I get that Moz is using these old photos (as if he's ashamed of how he looks now?!), but I am suspicious of him using a photo he's already put on a single (albeit it's inside, not the outer cover). This user has only posted once. Hmmmm....

This Hold Onto photo reminds me of a project by these people at my friend's flat in London. While I was queuing at teh Roundhouse, they spent the day recreating their fave record covers/sleeves...with hilarious results. Their take on Hold Onto was essentially HJ posing topless, arms raised, with the word "MEL" inscribed around one of his nipples. MEL is the Latin word for honey. For their splashy music video, they spoofed Prince by writing "sleeve" instead of "slave" on the cheek. They also did a really great nod to Moz and Spensah with the lascivious ice cream cornetto.

I'm with you on this. The titles and choice of b-sides is plausible, but recycling the photo that was already used for the inner gatefold of Hold Onto Yer Fiends? Yeah, I get that Moz is using these old photos (as if he's ashamed of how he looks now?!), but I am suspicious of him using a photo he's already put on a single (albeit it's inside, not the outer cover). This user has only posted once. Hmmmm....

This Hold Onto photo reminds me of a project by these people at my friend's flat in London. While I was queuing at teh Roundhouse, they spent the day recreating their fave record covers/sleeves...with hilarious results. Their take on Hold Onto was essentially HJ posing topless, arms raised, with the word "MEL" inscribed around one of his nipples. MEL is the Latin word for honey. For their splashy music video, they spoofed Prince by writing "sleeve" instead of "slave" on the cheek. They also did a really great nod to Moz and Spensah with the lascivious ice cream cornetto.

its a wonderful picture of him,but like i said,the older pictures make sense to a degree with all the greatest hits packaging,I really doubt he would be using them for newer material,
Morrissey being ashamed of how he looks now?
never.

I dont buy it when people claim that,he wasnt ashamed a couple years ago,why all a sudden would he now feel older pictures are better?

I have only one response, and this it to the b-side Action Man:
sekritagentman.jpg

edit:
also...isn't...All You Need Is Me the new single off the new album...?

or am I just totally missing something and have gone crazy.

*shrugs*

Last edited:

It's a wind up!

The clues are there...a 7 inch b side of Life is a Pigsty/How Soon is Now? What speed?

Try harder next time.

its a wonderful picture of him,but like i said,the older pictures make sense to a degree with all the greatest hits packaging,I really doubt he would be using them for newer material,
Morrissey being ashamed of how he looks now?
never.

I dont buy it when people claim that,he wasnt ashamed a couple years ago,why all a sudden would he now feel older pictures are better?

Duh -- because he's older now. Ever since 2002, he's been using promo photos that were shot in the '90s.

But I think he shouldn't be ashamed because I think he looks very handsome NOW. Of course, he was also handsome in decades past. I just wish he'd use photos that are recent.

I think you misunderstood me. I'm not saying he should be ashamed of the way he looks. I'm saying that he irrationally behaves as if he is ashamed of how he looks. Obviously he's mad. He said he looked like the f-word -- F-A-T in a certain photo, a photo I included in my annual calendars of him. I thought he was certifiably insane when he said that. No matter how much we compliment him, he just can't seem to get it through his thick skull that people find him attractive. After I embarrass him with a compliment, he usually says something cutting or dismissive and then explains he can't accept compliments or praise.

post the name of the album title, than I'm convinced.

been through to much hoaxes over here to believe anything, how
serious i't might look.

:eek:a-mouse

Does anyone else think it's completely lame to only offer vinyl only B-Sides??? I have accepted the countless "repackage /reissues" Morrissey has sucked us into, but this is crap!

Re: Absolute 100% gold-plated BOLLOCKS

I like Moomins, I didn't mean a troll as a fairy tale character.

NRitH conveniently posted quote from Wikipedia last night:

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial and usually irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

In this case a faulse infomation about a new single from a new album in order to deceive others.

Duh -- because he's older now. Ever since 2002, he's been using promo photos that were shot in the '90s.
No he hasn't. Up until the greatest hits release he's been using contemporary pictures. :confused:

also...isn't...All You Need Is Me the new single off the new album...?

or am I just totally missing something and have gone crazy.

*shrugs*

All You Need Is Me is going to be the next single released...though that isn't from the NEW new album, it is just being taken from The Greatest Hits :)

Back
Top Bottom