TTY: Harrods, London

Harrods, London - true-to-you.net
26 June 2016

Morrissey's Autobiography continues to be a strong seller in the UK.
This photograph taken by Linder Sterling, June 2016.

38798_img_6205.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it? I wonder what those figures would be? Anyone could walk into any bookshop in the land and take a picture like that. It proves nothing without figures. I just checked - it's not in Amazon.co.uk's top 100 biographies, and it's about position 358 in Waterstones' biography chart. That's continuing to be a strong seller in the UK?

These are days of thin gruel. Thin, Harrods-brand gruel.

Last edited:
Does it? I wonder what those figures would be? Anyone could walk into any bookshop in the land and take a picture like that. It proves nothing without figures. I just checked - it's not in Amazon.co.uk's top 100 biographies, and it's about position 358 in Waterstones' biography chart. That's continuing to be a strong seller in the UK?

These are days of thin gruel. Thin, Harrods-brand gruel.

You're one fact checking mofo, Skinny.

I do the same placement in my local book store when I go through.
I guess it remains a strong seller because I like seeing Morrissey faced outward on the shelf?

There is a copy of the book either side, so are there 6/7 more copies in between the two, event though there is only 1 copies of the other books? Have we ever seen sales numbers for the book? I believe this is not public information, but it is known to anyone subscribing to publishing journals etc. I reckon the paperback did quite well. As for LOTL...

He looks hot with sideburns but he looks a bit upset in photo. I would have picked this picture for the cover, it kind of grabs your attention.

I note there is no mention of Steve's bulbous award winning novel, the penguin classic ' List of the lost ' R O F L :rofl:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown: Troll / dislike / on topic / when will u die

There is a copy of the book either side, so are there 6/7 more copies in between the two, event though there is only 1 copies of the other books? Have we ever seen sales numbers for the book? I believe this is not public information, but it is known to anyone subscribing to publishing journals etc. I reckon the paperback did quite well. As for LOTL...

Wow. You really thought about that, didn't you?.

your next post is your last.

I note there is no mention of Steve's bulbous award winning novel, the penguin classic ' List of the lost ' R O F L :rofl:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown: Troll / dislike / on topic / when will u die

One book, two different covers? I like the paperback cover better. In fact, the picture of Morrissey in the pool is one of my least favourite along with the one on his FB page. He is very photogenic and over the years there had been thousands of stunning photos of him taken, but not these two. On both of them he looks almost unrecognizable.

aw i thought this was to be the post where he finally invited me to go blazer shopping with him! i am dissapoint :(

on the subject of his book they had it facing outward at my bookstore too! with a mug that glorious it would be sacrilege to not have it facing outwards. this was before i bought it. i had to walk past it a few times sighing and looking at it longingly before i eventually had the courage to pick it up. it's not that i dont want people to see me picking up a morrissey book, it's just that what if they dont know who morrissey is, and they think he's just some british singer along the lines of robbie williams. how embarassing that would be. i would never read a book about robbie williams. i eventually bought it though, of course, along with a philip larkin book so that the shopkeeper wouldnt think all i read are musical biographies.

I do the same placement in my local book store when I go through.
I guess it remains a strong seller because I like seeing Morrissey faced outward on the shelf?
Heh, did the same the other week at my local record store, putting their vinyl copies of Strangeways and Louder than Bombs on the display ledge ;-)

There is a copy of the book either side, so are there 6/7 more copies in between the two, event though there is only 1 copies of the other books?
That is, assuming the books behind the one at front are all copies of Autobio and the display wasn't engineered ;-) And books on sale aren't the same as books actually sold ;-P

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom