FS Morrissey Ridgers skin bird tour shirt reproduction

Numanoid1979

A few years back I was responsible for the for the "reissue" of the Morrissey Your Arsenal Ridgers Skinhead/Skinbird shirt. I made it for someone else who ended up selling them on various outlets, including this one. The original that I made was taken from a photo of an actual shirt, and separated and reproduced as best as I could from what I had to work with. Now a few years later I've decided to go back and try to make this design again. I found a hi-resolution photo of the original image used, and I made separations to look like the original, but slightly better with more contrast between color. This will look more colorful than the original. I can't tell if the original was meant to look the way it did, or if it was just a mediocre print.

I'm making more of these this week to sell primarily on Etsy. Since I'm making them though, I can make them to order. If anyone is interested in getting one, please get in touch. This will be printed as a three-color simulated process print using a light pink, light blue, and process black to bring it all together.

I'm looking for opinions. I have a second separation that looks more maroonish like the original. If the consensus is that the original is preferable, I can make that happen.

This is a mock up of the print, an actual screen capture of my new separations. This is what the shirt will look like, with a 12.5x17" print. These will be printed on Canvas 3001 shirts or Bella 6004 Ladies shirts if you prefer. I'm selling them for $21.99 and $3.00 shipping in the US.

Please contact me if you would like to purchase one. I'll send a Paypal invoice. Production date is Friday 8/12 so they will ship on the following Monday.

Contact me at [email protected]

The consensus is to try to match the original. I'm currently reworking this and will upload new photos soon. I've only had really low resolution photos to try and match, and had a hard time telling what colors were originally used. Also, I'm pretty sure there have been multiple printings, as some are more detailed than others. Thanks for the replies!

Back
Top Bottom