Friday Mourning - quick question about it

The only version I've ever heard of Friday Mourning is on Live at Earl's Court, I was wondering if there's a studio version and if so where I could find it.

Thanks

-draize

It's a b-side to a CD version of Let Me Kiss You!:)

The only version I've ever heard of Friday Mourning is on Live at Earl's Court, I was wondering if there's a studio version and if so where I could find it.

Thanks

-draize

The "deluxe" version of You Are The Quarry but to be honest the live version from Live At Earls Court is better. I listen to it quite regularly.

The "deluxe" version of You Are The Quarry but to be honest the live version from Live At Earls Court is better. I listen to it quite regularly.

I prefer the live version too. I love how he changes the lyrics to "look once to me, just once to me, then look away". It's a small change but really heartwrenching. :blushing:

I actually listened to Live at Earl's Court before You Are the Quarry; So I particularly listen to live renditions of Quarry songs and b-sides.

I've never heard the live version of Friday Mourning but I do really like the live version of I Like You but that's probably because it was one of the first Morrissey songs I got into.

I was at a friends house and her brother was playing it and he played that song a few times and I got into it and had to download it and then I started listening to it a lot before downloading other Morrissey songs, buying albums, checking out The Smiths, etc.

Thanks

-draize

I miss the days when the songs said something.:tears:

I love this song. I had the following verse emblazoned on my mind after the first listen:

"I see the faces all lined up before me
of teachers and
of parents and
bosses who
all share a point of view
you are a loser
you are a loser
"

Genius, genius...

Last edited:
I miss the days when the songs said something.:tears:

I love this song. I had the following verse emblazoned on my mind after the first listen:

"I see the faces all lined up before me
of teachers and
of parents and
bosses who
all share a point of view
you are a loser
you are a loser
"

Genius, genius...

Written probably by Alain Whyte, who writes most of Morrissey's best songs, if I could. Thanks for understanding.

I love the rhythm and the way he sings 'And I will never stand naked in front of you or if I do'

I much prefer the live version, maybe because I heard it first. I actually had the Earls Court album on this morning and was thinking to myself how completely brilliant it was in general. The versions of I Like You and There Is A Light are wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom