Firefox is crashing like crazy on me; anyone else having trouble?

The Seeker of Good Songs

I'm running v3.5.5 an its crashing at least once per hour.

Are the date and time on your system set properly?

I had the same problem after a blackout and that fixed it.

Are the date and time on your system set properly?

I had the same problem after a blackout and that fixed it.

It was close enough. I am suspecting it is one of a few add-ons that are new.
I will have to do some selective disabling.

Mine was crashing a few weeks back after I upgraded to the most recent release.......I had to back up to the prior version, 3.5.2.

Since then it has stabilized. I am running Vista.

I use Internet Explorer. Firefox is too high tech for my simple electronic mind.

Any ideas on which add ons to disable? I haven't a clue which ones I need and which ones I don't.
Bit thick when it comes to computers.

This was happening to me and I did a clean install and it fixed it. I don't think is was an add-on although it could have been some interaction. I did not reinstall all addons. I googled it and got the instructions to save my old profile, completely remove Firefox and start over and it works fine now.

"Also it is not advised to try and run Firefox 2 and 3 with the same profile as they are some major change sin Firefox 3 which could corrupt your Firefox 2 data."

This page makes it sound more complicated than it is. Basically what you want to do is copy your profile and save it in a new place, then completely uninstall Firefox and just transfer back your saved settings gradually.

Don't forget to save your bookmarks, and you can make a screenshot of your addons list to help you remember to reinstall those with your new profile.

This was happening to me and I did a clean install and it fixed it. I don't think is was an add-on although it could have been some interaction. I did not reinstall all addons. I googled it and got the instructions to save my old profile, completely remove Firefox and start over and it works fine now.

"Also it is not advised to try and run Firefox 2 and 3 with the same profile as they are some major change sin Firefox 3 which could corrupt your Firefox 2 data."

This page makes it sound more complicated than it is. Basically what you want to do is copy your profile and save it in a new place, then completely uninstall Firefox and just transfer back your saved settings gradually.

Don't forget to save your bookmarks, and you can make a screenshot of your addons list to help you remember to reinstall those with your new profile.

Meh all sounds like too much of a ballache.....

:lbf: Firefox makes me sad when it crashes during my games of poker....good job it aint real money!!

If it only happens on specific sites or using specific apps the easiest thing would just use another browser for these and wait til the next update.

I'm on the 3.6 beta version. It's been perfect for me.

Back
Top Bottom